It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Legend !!! 10/10

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Sup People,

Went and watched I Am Legend, and wow, it was awsome. The special effects were good, the story line was ok.

Will Smith's performace was awsome, so if any ATS Members are thinking about going to see it, GO.

For those Members out there who have seen it, hit me back with your opinions....

Thx!

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The cgi was corny in all honesty.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I thought the CGI was pretty poor (Why do you need CGI vampire/mutants anyway? What happened to the art of makeup?).

This movie was the least faithful adaption of 'I Am Legend' so far, despite actually using the original book's title.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Very good movie,However, i recommend you dont expect to watch an action pact movie that has explosions every 2 minutes when your about to watch it

I love the end, im not going to ruin it anyone, but whoever has seen it will know what i mean , i wonderd through out the film why its called "i am legend" and at the end i got my answer

[edit on 4-1-2008 by Disgustipated]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disgustipated
Very good movie,However, i recommend you dont expect to watch an action pact movie that has explosions every 2 minutes when your about to watch it

I love the end, im not going to ruin it anyone, but whoever has seen it will know what i mean , i wonderd through out the film why its called "i am legend" and at the end i got my answer

It's called 'I am Legend' because it's supposedly 'based' on the book 'I am Legend'.

In the book he's a legend for a very different reason.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The beginning is exciting, but the CGI mutants are just too fake looking.

The story seemed disjointed and lacked 'heart', imo, though the middle part with the dogs was pretty good.

Part of the success of a good story is to have a good villain, but they got carried away with hundreds of mutants and they never were a creditable threat. It's the kind of film that generates good 'clips' for teasers, but the actual film is a bit of a let down. I'd give it two of five stars.

2 cents.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
just finished watching it an hour or so ago....

and i must say i thought wills acting was superb.

i suppose i must read the book now as the concensus is 'its better?'

although im glad i hadn't because so often a movies a let down compared with the book.

in fact, can anyone think of a film thats better than the book..??

maybe that deserves another thread.?

SR

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spreadthetruth

Originally posted by Disgustipated

It's called 'I am Legend' because it's supposedly 'based' on the book 'I am Legend'.

In the book he's a legend for a very different reason.

Indeed i dare say the Omega Man for it's own faults is still abit of a more faithful adaptation to the book than this movie, It's a testament of it's times as although I AM LEGEND was enjoyable it was well and truely stripped the points of becoming a legend and scaring the new society the book makes i mean the way he died and everything was corny and had no meaning or impact like i felt more sorry for the dog Sam than Will Smith.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I thought it was...ok...nothing special, about a 4/10 I think the original OMEGA MAN with Charleton Heston was better..
The night walkers were cool there should have been more of them. Will smith is awesome tho..you have to admit

SR

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Yeah man give Will Smith is an amazing actor if anyone gives him a bad movie he'll still manage to make the audience enjoy parts of it and connect with him like this and that Robot one he was in two or three years ago and Bad Boys 1.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
More input and opinion can be found here...

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The movie wasn't the best. But oh well. The ending was horrible.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jca2005

I sort of agree with you that the ending wasn't the best, but IMO, it wasn't horrible either.

The movie overall I would give 8 out of 10 stars just because I like Will Smith as an actor and his roles are pretty neat. :-D

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Very harsh replies. Will Smith's performance was amazing for sure. Watching it you felt his loneliness. You could feel the connection between him and his dog. I look for realism and Will Smith (alone) gave me that. Played it to perfection... as usual. Not to many actors out there like him.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
This movie made war of the worlds look like a masterpiece. horrid effects, horrid acting by will smith. the movie was a mess. only nice thing about it were the sets.

very,very boring movie and I'm a scifi buff. :bash:

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
What ever happened to the great film adaptions of the past? It's depressing how remakes and cheap thrills seem to be pumped out constantly these days.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Cinematography was superb.

Will Smith was very good, except for the forced scenes(see below).

I've been sick and tired of CGI since 2000.

I'm sick of tired of the excruciatingly forced "comedy" gags that they throw in these types of films to "lighten" up the mood a little(i.e. The video store scene, the whole Bob marley scene fiasco, the Shrek scene, etc.). I'm tired, tired, tired of that crap!

I liked the dog tough.

6/10

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
someone should have hired george lucas to make this movie. how dare do these people think they can get away with those dumb looking fake zombies? I mean resident evil's zombies are at least real people with makeup.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
It was a good movie, and Will Smith's acting was amazing, but the movie felt wrong to me. It didn't seem to start off right and continued on as if it was missing something. The dog part made me cry.

Though I did like it when the mannequin was moved. "Fred, you better tell me if you are alive, right now!!!"

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
i thought it sucked.

what was so fantastic about wills acting? cause he laid in the tub and hugged his doggy?
i also thought the cgi was the best part of the flick. they looked cool.

over all though, the movie delivered nothing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join