It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama for president & Ron Paul for VP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Well, the Iowa results are in, Obama has won by a couple of percentage points, which means chances are he will be the next democratic nomination.

This being said, I think it would be Very important for the Democratic party to get Ron Paul on board as a VP, towards the end of the primaries.

My reasoning is this.

Should Ron Paul decide to go independant, he doesn't have enough votes to win, this being said, he would take votes away mostly from democrats not republicans, which can cause the election to go republican. If the Iowa poll is any indication of his popularity throughout the nation, he would/should garner 10-15% of the republic vote on whoevers ticket he went on. Additionally, IMO he would garner 15-25% of the vote of democrats.

This being said, Huckabee wouldn't choose him as a running mate.

This leaves him either running independent garnering 25-35% of the vote, possibly allowing huckabee to win, or he could go with obama. Since the nation is basically divided 45-45% repblican/democrat with 10% independant, this could be the deciding factor of change here in the U.S.

Obama's views really aren't too different from Ron Pauls, and given them working as a team, I'm positive that they could be elected.

Whats Everyones Thoughts on this?

Cheers,

Camain

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I think Obama's positions and Paul's are widely divergent. Both of them want change, but the types of changes are different. Obama wants to go forward and Paul wants to go backward. I can't see them as a team. As far as Paul running as an independent, I think he's more likely to split the Republicans than the Democrats; he is, after all, a Republican.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
True, but look at the things they have in common. Both are for a smaller military footprint, both want to bring the troops home. Both want to improve foreign relations through diplomacy. These things alone could keep there first administration tied up
. Additionally, I think it would be a ying/yan scenerio. On the things that they disagree on, I think that it would be awesome not to have a "Yes Man" to obama. Keep in mind that obama does lack some experience, but he has said he wants to be a bridge builder and not a bridge breaker. Additionally, having good 'ol fashion debate in the white house on issues that pertain to all of America would be awesome. You would see there administration go for me middle of the road coarse, then be tilted one way or the other.

Cheers,

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by camain
Obama's views really aren't too different from Ron Pauls,

I disagree. AND I don't see Ron Paul attending a racist "church" that blames another race for all the worlds problems .. etc etc.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
mmm, never saw that before, pretty impressive. That being said, you have to keep in mind that Africans in chicago are disproportionally poor. This church, like all churchs in poor african neighbors strive to raise the community up. Thats all its trying to do. IMO, could be wrong, I personnally would like to see Ron Paul attend that church. He can be the marshmallow creme in all that chocalate

Cheers,

Camain

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Flyers fan, you know that blacks cannot be racist! They are incapible of being recognized as a racist.

The thought of a crusty vetren (Paul) keeping the hot young gun in check, is not a bad idea, but when was the last time members from 2 diffrent parties ran together?

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
liberman wanted mccain last go around
, just a thought.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by camain
I think it would be a ying/yan scenerio. On the things that they disagree on, I think that it would be awesome not to have a "Yes Man" to obama. Keep in mind that obama does lack some experience, but he has said he wants to be a bridge builder and not a bridge breaker. Additionally, having good 'ol fashion debate in the white house on issues that pertain to all of America would be awesome.

I hadn't thought of that. It's an original idea. Do you think those two would be willing to run together?

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I could go for it if the roles were reversed; I am in line with more of Paul's views than Obama's so I'd prefer to see the good doctor calling the shots.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Me too to be honest, but Ron isn't going to win the republican nomination, so that leaves him being independent or with Obama, which will most likely get it.

camain

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I hate to bust up this pro Obama rally but I don't think he will become president. I think he will pull a Ross Perot and back out due to being polietely "asked" to and if he insists on continuing on he will have Bobby Kennedy done on him.
There is no way that "they" will take the chance on having millions of new black voters making a dash to vote for the first black president...don't see it happening folks..sorry.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dont Hate Rats
I hate to bust up this pro Obama rally but I don't think he will become president. I think he will pull a Ross Perot and back out due to being polietely "asked" to and if he insists on continuing on he will have Bobby Kennedy done on him.
There is no way that "they" will take the chance on having millions of new black voters making a dash to vote for the first black president...don't see it happening folks..sorry.

He won't be asked to leave the race until the primary season moves south. The reason is that the black population in the south is of a different minset than those in the north and I would be suprised if he pulled a significant number of blacks in those states. But if he does, you may very be right about his future in the race.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I totally agree and have been talking about this for month now. The fact is Obama and Paul are very similar in Social and foreign policy issues, but differ on economic issues. I think Obama/Paul will make a perfect balance.

** SOCIAL ISSUES:
Paul: Individual liberty and constitutional rights
Obama: Individual liberty and constitutional rights
Other Democratic candidates: What ever the opinion polls say.
Other Republican candidates: Government control, religious based, blame everything on national security.

** FOREIGN POLICY:
Paul: No Intervention in any form - defensive only
Obama: No Intervention in any form - Be very tough, but only defensive
Other Democratic candidates: Intervene when it seems good idea, but be against war in Iraq - Intervene even more than bush to make democrats look tough on terrorists
Other Republican candidates: Intervene when it seems good idea and be in favor of war in Iraq

** ECONOMIC ISSUES (This includes health care, energy, etc):
Paul: The Market will work itself if we leave it alone.
Obama: The Market will work itself only if we help it and to protect it from invaders.
Other democratic candidates: The Market never work itself. We need to control it.
Other Republican candidates: I don't know what Market is and I don't care. All I need to know is "911" "Radical Islamic", "Tax cut", and maybe sometimes "balanced budget".

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by btehrani
** SOCIAL ISSUES:
Paul: Individual liberty and constitutional rights
Obama: Individual liberty and constitutional rights
Other Democratic candidates: What ever the opinion polls say.
Other Republican candidates: Government control, religious based, blame everything on national security.

How is it constitutional for me to have to pay for someone else to live with my tax dollars? You see, this is where Paul and Obama differ. Obama wants a welfare state where the nanny government takes care of people too lazy to get a job and I have to pay for it. nonsense/

And those of you expecting Obama to pull the troops out of Iraq immediately; Mark my words, we will still be in Iraq for years if Obama is president.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I literally just came to AP to post this same thread. You beat me to it. I couldn't agree more, this would be a win-win scenario.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You know, reading through this... I see none of what you claim. What I see is a branch of the United Church of Christ that seeks to meet the needs of its congregation, being attacked by a blogger who's main beef seems to be that the church doesn't revolve around white people. You can divine about how far this blogger's head is up their kiester with this:

The book store also shamelessly hawks Mr. Osama’s books:

C'mon FF. You're smarter'n this

top topics

join