It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Year Old Photographs Mystery Object

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I looked and didn't see this anywhere yet. A 12 year old girl experimenting with her new digital camera catches mysterious object. With all of the experts here i figured someone could give more info on what this could possible be or how it showed up.

The girl and her friend were taking pics of the snow and each other when they saw an object moving and tried to capture it on the camera. Their location was at some cabins in Winthrop over looking a river.

www.kirotv.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
When I saw it, my first thought was that it looked like the sort of cloud of spores that goes up when you poke a puff ball mushroom.

LW

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Offhand, it looks like a statuette of Mary reflected in a window. The pose of the figure seems 'standard' for them.

Secondly, there is what looks like a clump of bushes much like what you'd see planted just outside of a window.
--------------------

added image

[edit on 4/1/08 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Once again a post stamp sized picture that could be million things. When will they learn that we need quality in these kinds of pictures.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
All I can see is darkness and a "smoke" from their cold breath ..

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Offhand, it looks like a statuette of Mary reflected in a window. The pose of the figure seems 'standard' for them.

I agree, it almost appears as if "she" is holding a child. I wish i could find a larger image of this photo for better quality and viewing but thought it was interesting.

But if the story with the photo is true then it becomes more of a mystery.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Here's a slightly larger photo which will hopefully provide a bit more clarity:-

Does anyone notice what looks like a woman (?) lying on the floor to the left of the 'figure'? It's still very hard to make out exactly what it is though.

[edit on 4-1-2008 by Xeros]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Hi guys,

'Cold breath'
ner don't think so, if that were the case why can we not see any breath exhalation this side of the bush

It is a very clear picture and I could almost go with the 'statue of Mary' theory but is it just me or can anyone else see what appears to be a second figure lying prone on the ground in front of the standing figure (head slightly raised, about knee high to the right leg of standing figure) ?

Very interesting photo but I'm no expert so can't call whether it's genuine ... mistaken identity ... or fake.

Do we know if there were any kind of statues/sculptures in the area ? If only to rule out the possibility ... and as it was taken a Christmas, could there have been a nativity scene there ?

Just thinking out loud. Woody

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeros

Yes, I see that too, but more of a woman kneeling in front of the 'Mary' figure.

Could this be a Christmas diaspora set up outside the window?

Edit to add; and what woodwytch said

[edit on 4/1/08 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I think looking closely at the main image, it looks alot more like a long haired man who has facial hair, than an image of a woman.

I also see what appears to be another figure closer to the ground in the front of the first one, and that one does appear to be a female.

I'm still out on this one as to whether it is fake or not, but the first thing that entered my head when I saw the image was that it was a ghost.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
I'm still out on this one as to whether it is fake or not, but the first thing that entered my head when I saw the image was that it was a ghost.

My first thought was that it looked like snow being blown by the wind, then I read the article and saw it was snowy out when they were taking the pictures.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Without knowing details of the shot like was it through a window or what kind of camera it was. I will speculate the shot is from inside a house out a window with a nativity scene lit up and reflecting back on the inside of the window. Should fetch a pretty pennie or two on ebay though.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Interesting image, Cosmocow...and the first thing that occured to me was that one of the two friends also sneaked out a packet of cigarettes whilst on their photo expedition to the lake.

I'd love it to be something spooky, but it just looks like a simulacra caused by under-age smokers!

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
It's Jesus holding a lamb like in my avatar picture!

Either that or it's Mary holding a cat.

Course be Sammy Hagar next to a tortoise.

Maybe it's a amorphous whisp of some naturally occuring incident we like to translate into something tangible through mental reference interpretation.

Nah, it's Jesus.

[edit on 4-1-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This is an intelligent myst taking form from the strange attractor force field.
You can develop the same myst from flashing your camera at low altitude clouds at night. And yes, this is a reptoid Mary holding a baby for sure, probably Jesus dancing with the Grey feotus on reptoid Mary's left shoulder. You can notice an ape guy leaning at Mary's feet.

The myst doesn't have the best of definition yet, but try to understand it, it's forming out of nothing and the apparent blur is only to fool those who can't see...yet. It,s appearing slowly but surely and soon, you'll have no choice but to wander in it forever. But you should glaze into this collective consciousness because this is where everything bounds to be, its Shangrila

Should we mention the picture was taken in Seeattle

[edit on 4-1-2008 by Desmond]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Here's a couple more enlargements.

As to what it is is anyones guess, yet for me, it's a shame it looks so much like the stereo type image some generally assume.

This, for me, and the time of year it was taken is suggestive of a fake for publicity. Why is the age of the girl important in the report? Is it to try and prove her innocence of not creating a fake?

If it's genuine, then I've no idea.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
It could even be a mock up of any one of these pictures, or similar storyline pictures. Seeing as there are millions of these types of picture, it would be a bit difficult to find an exact match.

The smoke kinda reminds me of an x-ray of an oil painting.

This one is cartoonish, yes, but the principle is there.
www.akidsheart.com...

Here's one with the flowing robes
www.artbible.net...

Scroll down a little for this one.
dedication.www3.50megs.com...

Here's a couple of xrays of paintings.
www.bitsofnews.com...
isd.canberra.edu.au...

Perhaps it's Florence???
www.cottontimes.co.uk...
www.general-anaesthesia.com...

edit to fix links
edit to add florence

[edit on 4-1-2008 by Extralien]

[edit on 4-1-2008 by Extralien]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I dunno It just looks like 2 people, one standing, one on the ground probably kneeling or lying down.
It looks like smoke, and there is a bright circular thing on the ground next to the 2 people, it could be a light that reflects the smoke, because the smoke looks exactly like that getting darker to the right...

But it looks way too CGI to me.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Is that grass?
If so, was she laying in the grass? It looks like the camera was horizontal to the grass

It is just so hard to tell, as there is no reference point to judge the size. No real information at all.

But it looks way too CGI to me.

It really does. But w/out any real information, its hard to tell anything

Eh, I vote she claim its Mary and sell it on eBay for her college fund.

[edit on 4-1-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Is that grass?
If so, was she laying in the grass? It looks like the camera was horizontal to the grass

Hmm yes, a patch of grass is all over the bottom of the picture and yet there is stars all over the picture.

I probably conclude, that either she is taking the shot on a hill and she is pointing towards the sky explaining the adjacent stars next to the grass. or that she used CGI, she is 12, I know alot of people who are fantastic at Photoshop at the age of 10, and are expert flash users at the age of 15

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join