It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

exposing the arrogance of the false church

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
First let me define what I mean by false church. It is any denomination, Pastor, priest or person who does not hold firmly to the head which is Christ. Furthermore it is any denomination, Pastor, priest or person that does not walk exactly as Christ walked. Finally, it is any denomination, Pastor, priest or person who does not bare in their bodies the marks of crucification as clairified by Christ when he said "take up you cross and follow me."

Having said that please allow me to further define my reason for starting this post. Quite frankly I am tired of Christians being painted with such a broad brush i.e we are all fakes and liers-hypocrites. As I,ve stated above, if you are calling your self a Christian and you do not meet the standard set above, then you are indeed a Hypocrite and a liar. It is because of the utter nonsence and utter coruption found in the churches today that Jesus' name is so abbhorred.

We are warned that this would be the case all through out the new testemant that this would be the case. Unfortunately becasue this is so, many will never find Jesus, nor will they ever even crack a
Bible to determine whether I am speaking the truth. Here is just one such warning found in the second book of Peter in chapter two:

"1. But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. 2. Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.

Did you read that, "disrepute." Who is causing this: those who pretend to be Christians- those who carry the name but not the cross. they are those who wash up for sunday service and are in such a hurry to let you know how clean they are, all-the-while their entire life is a sham and their dipositon is a facade.

This is not a small amount of Chistians who live this way either, it is greater than ninety percent, in fact it has alway been that way. Fortunately for us today we have quick access to their lies via the internet. So what of the other ten percent? Well some are reluctant to leave the organized church because of fear: they feel that their salvation is based on there attendance to a particular building or to a particular way of thinking. This is how many congregations do it including the entire Catholic church.

Here is what I mean:

Colossians 2:23
23.Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.

Anyone attempting to find Jesus in a church today, I say, "good luck," you will have to filter your way through an entrenched mound of lies, arrogance, and sexual abuse.

Here is a perfect example of what you will find in any church around the world today:

please read

For those who read that article I'm sure that you are thoroughly digusted not only by what this women Cheryl Groth did but by the fact that she merely got a slap of the wrist not only by the Judge but by the Church as well; they actually want her to be restored to "ministry"- how sick can you be!

Here is what the bible says:

1 Peter 2:16
16Live as free men, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as servants of God.

Galatians 5:13
13You, my brothers[and sisters], were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love.

Ephesians 5:3
3But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people.

The list of verses are endless , but I think you get the point. And that point is that what you see today whether it be on TV or in the autitorium of a mega church, this is whats really going on. This is not christianity, these are not christians this is not the body of Christ this is Satan's conterfiet and you need to recognize this. It is not new it has been this way eversince the beginning of time and will continue until Christ's return. Here, have a look at this:

The Parable of the Weeds Matthew 13:24-30
24. Jesus told them another parable: "The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. 25. But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away. 26. When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared.
27. "The owner's servants came to him and said, 'Sir, didn't you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?'

28. " 'An enemy did this,' he replied.
"The servants asked him, 'Do you want us to go and pull them up?'

29. " 'No,' he answered, 'because while you are pulling the weeds, you may root up the wheat with them. 30. Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.' "

So if you are a believer In Jesus Christ and this has been your experience please feel free to vent here. If your a non Believer and this is what keeps you from coming to Christ please vent it here.

thanks

[edit on 4-1-2008 by Graystar]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Graystar
First let me define what I mean by false church. It is any denomination, Pastor, priest or person who does not hold firmly to the head which is Christ. Furthermore it is any denomination, Pastor, priest or person that does not walk exactly as Christ walked. Finally, it is any denomination, Pastor, priest or person who does not bare in their bodies the marks of crucification as clairified by Christ when he said "take up you cross and follow me."

Now an interesting assignment would be to find, pastor, priest, or denomination in the new covenant.

Mention Jesus to the world, and what's the first question? Where do you go to church? Um, if he's in me, I am the church.

Then they ask some wretched question like. Where do you go to worship? Oh dear. GOD is a spirit, they that worship him, worship him in spirit and in truth.

Does the temple need to go to worship? This people honors him with their lips and he's never known them.

I must say you picked a dandy time to ask for a rant.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by WiseSheep

"Mention Jesus to the world, and what's the first question? Where do you go to church? Um, if he's in me, I am the church. "

exactly those buildings and the people decorating the insides are not the church. those who have christ truely living inside them are the church.

thanks for the rant.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
First, you need to prove Jesus really existed. There's no real historical evidence of him, just the edited books of the bible written decades and centuries after his "death." These aren't evidence anymore than Dianetics is evidence that Xenu really exists.

Then comes the point that all Xian churches and ministers are so arrogant as to believe they have the only "true" message, when they all, to the last one, pick and choose what passages they will teach and which they will ignore.

To be a true Xian, one would have to follow the whole bible in its entirety, including the abominable directions in Deuteronomy and Leviticus.

Xianity has more hubris than all the other religions put together.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
First, you need to prove Jesus really existed.

If you see a curtain, with two human hands reaching through it, performing certain work.

Do you then have to go behind the curtain and see that they are indeed attached to a body and a head?

Surely one would just know that the* hands are indeed alive, so the head must be alive.

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
To be a true Xian, one would have to follow the whole bible in its entirety, including the abominable directions in Deuteronomy and Leviticus.

To be a true christian, one must have his head on. What good is a rotting carcass with stiff limbs?

[edit on 4-1-2008 by WiseSheep]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

First, you need to prove Jesus really existed. There's no real historical evidence of him, just the edited books of the bible written decades and centuries after his "death." These aren't evidence anymore than Dianetics is evidence that Xenu really exists.

Here is a good place to start if you would like to read any information regarding the existence of the Historical Jesus other than in a Bible:

so what about Jesus?

Well, you know what they say," you can lead a horse to water...":bnghd:

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I couldn't agree with you more Graystar. Very nice post. False Religion will be exposed and fall as it was prophesied. For me, it can't happen soon enough but Father has perfect timing. It is all in His hands. May His will be done.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Thought for today, regarding the false church:

Some two thousand years ago the very people who walked with Jesus in person warned fellow believers that evil men would join the flock whose sole perpose would be to serve themselves.

Acts 20:29 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society

29I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock.

2 Peter 2:1 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

2 Peter 2
1But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. 2And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

3And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

So here we are two thousand years later and this is exactly where we stand those who should have represented Jesus christ are the real reason that christianity is so despised more so than any otner belief on the face of the earth.

Never the less I believe in Jesus Christ but I despise those who supposedly represent him. So then, Jesus Christ is truth and every man is a liar.

Here is a little sample of the liars who eat the sheep:kenny's toy

watch the entire video if you want to puke.

Nothing you see on tv belongs to Jesus, nothing!

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Sorry, that page is not an authority.

There are NO contemporary references of Jesus during his time. Not one letter from a Roman tax farmer complaining about the multitudes of people not working. Not one historian makes reference of him at the time. The only "evidence" is written by people decades after he supposedly died.

Your "savior" is a fiction.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I guess your just content to be ignorant, so be ignorant.
We both know that your not really interested in the truth. And not that your'e much interested in Scripture but I would say that this pretty much sums you up:

16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. 19This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."

You chose to disbelieve not because you have some over whelming amount of evidence or because I lack it; you disbelieve because your gratification with what ever it is you do is so much more important to you then anything else in the world. I wish you truely would find something else to do between masturbating then adding your meaningless one word sentences to this thread!

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Whilst there maybe some supporting evidence, (very shaky I grant you), that Jesus the person did actually exist, there is no evidence whatsoever that he was actually the physical manifestation of an omnipotent being called God and as such was actually "The Son Of God".

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Proof, proof, proof....sometimes I think that's all the militant atheist is able to say. Then when some evidence is given they stick their fingers in their ears and say it doesn't count. lol No big deal really, it's called FAITH for a reason, even if the militant atheist doesn't want to recognize that fact.

"there is no evidence"

Ok, thank you for your opinion.

"My savior is fiction"

Ok, thank you for your opinion.

One day, hopefully when it's not too late, the atheist will be humbled and their eyes uncovered....

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

I'm not an atheist; I don't believe it's possible to prove either way if God does or does not exist and so it is an irrelevant question.

I try to live my life by a set of values and morals that leads me not to harm any other person intentionally and to treat others with the same respect I like to be treat with myself.

I'm sure if God exists his ego won't be that big that "he'll" demand that little old me worships him unreservedly and that "he'll" recognise that I've tried to live my life in a true and just manner.

[edit on 7-1-2008 by Freeborn]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
I'm sure if God exists his ego won't be that big that "he'll" demand that little old me worships him unreservedly and that "he'll" recognise that I've tried to live my life in a true and just manner.

I believe that attitude will condemn more people that most other things combined. If we are talking about the same God of the bible then that hopeful stance is a very dangerous one. Worshiping a God that will do the above is considered idol worship. Molding God in a way that conforms to our own personal "feelings" rather than his law as written in the bible is indeed creating our own God and by definition idol worship. God tells us that we are all sinners and deserve death. Through the sacrifice of Jesus we are given an opportunity to find salvation and claim the gift of everlasting life.

I hope you really think about your stance on God and his judgment friend.

Again if you don't believe in the one and only Christian God and the bible then you may choose to ignore my words here.

Blessings....

edit:spelling

[edit on 1/7/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Sorry, just can't buy into that "Jesus died for my sins" nonsense.
If there is a God, and he's omniscient and omnipotent why did "his son" have to die? I just don't get it at all.
Original Sin? Why?
Never heard of free will.
My life.
My choice.
If it's the wrong one then so be it, at least it's been my screw up, no-one elses.
I don't want anyone to make any sacrifices for me, I never asked Jesus to die on the cross for me.
I'm a big boy and accept responsibility for my own actions.

What sort of all powerful God would demand that we blindly follow his instructions, without question?
What an egotistical maniac if that's so.
I just don't buy it, it doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever.

If I was God I would be there, out front, visible, leading by example, educating, developing, nurturing.
I wouldn't just give out some dogmatic creed demanding blind obediance and then just ignore all the hideous, brutal acts acted out in my name.

I'm sorry, that's no God who deserves worship in my book.

And none of that has to do with proof; just morals and common sense.

Sorry if I've offended anyone, that's certainly not my intention.

[edit on 7-1-2008 by Freeborn]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
I'm sorry, that's no God who deserves worship in my book.

And none of that has to do with proof; just morals and common sense.

No need to be sorry.

As I said twice in my post my viewpoint is one consistent with the Bible and Jesus Christ. Take to heart my words or ignore them, your choice is your choice.

Take care....

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
This is exactly why we are told not to put our faith in man, but in God.

1 Corinthians 2

4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man’s wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

That pretty much sums it up on this topic for me.

I am fortunate to attend a fundamentalist, evangelical, Bible Fellowship. Just yesterday our Pastor said, "There are two kinds of people in the world, those who believe in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, and those who don't." There is no in-between. Any other answer than yes to the question, "Is Jesus Christ your Lord and Savior?" is a no.

I would also like to say to Graystar that Salvation is an event that takes place in a moment, when we accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, but Sanctification is a process that takes the rest of our worldly lives. Once we are saved, we don't just automatically throw off our flesh and sin nature. No one is perfect and good, save God. To write off everybody who sins goes against the teachings of Christ. "Jesus is a friend to sinners, though he disapproves of their sin."

Matthew 9

10 And it came to pass, as Jesus sat at meat in the house, behold, many publicans and sinners came and sat down with him and his disciples.

11 And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto his disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners?

12 But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.

13 But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

I'm using quotations here and above because I am taking this directly from my daily devotions for this week.

"Barnabas saw Saul of Tarsus for who he would become as a new convert (Paul, the writer of most of the books of the NT), and not who he had been (a persecutor of early Christians). Have you written someone off because of their past? Are you willing to see others through the eyes of Jesus?"

The Great Commission (Matt. 28:19-20) commands us to go, baptize, and teach.

James 5

19 Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;

20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

Graystar, don't get me wrong, I hear your lamentation.

Revelation 6

9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Just don't forget, the apostasy must come before the return of the Messiah for His millenial reign.

[edit on 7-1-2008 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   

What is your definition of true Church? Is there in Church in the world for which you can say is the right one?

"1. But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. 2. Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.

This happened in the early history with so many sects and heresies. The same is in the last 50 and so years.

This is not a small amount of Chistians who live this way either, it is greater than ninety percent, in fact it has alway been that way. Fortunately for us today we have quick access to their lies via the internet. So what of the other ten percent? Well some are reluctant to leave the organized church because of fear: they feel that their salvation is based on there attendance to a particular building or to a particular way of thinking. This is how many congregations do it including the entire Catholic church.

How you mean organized Church?

Here is a perfect example of what you will find in any church around the world today:

please read

And who are you to judge that can be found in any church around the world today? Are you God so you know that? :bnghd:

And that point is that what you see today whether it be on TV or in the autitorium of a mega church, this is whats really going on. This is not christianity, these are not christians this is not the body of Christ this is Satan's conterfiet and you need to recognize this. It is not new it has been this way eversince the beginning of time and will continue until Christ's return.

Sorry, but what Church are you accusing, ‘all-knowing judge’?

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Vojvoda

What is your definition of true Church? Is there in Church in the world for which you can say is the right one?

My definition of the true church is any believers gathered together in Jesus Name. Unfortunately most churches in America are disqualified from this.

Why you ask? Because they are not there for the master but rather what they think they can get from the master's table. You are from SE Europe but I actually live here. What you will find in most of these churches here are any thing but Christ serving. If you think that I'm being judgemental perhaps you should sit in on one of our services.

On the other hand if You would like to see what a real church looks like take a trip to Kenya; here you will see what real believers look like. Anyone can look like a christian when times are good, but try the American churches by such fire and see just how many believers remain!!

This happened in the early history with so many sects and heresies. The same is in the last 50 and so years.

My point is that it is rampant, not just here and there; False prophets and teachers as well as sexual perverts permeate Christianity.

How you mean organized Church?

Ask yourself this honest question: At what point did the preaching of the gospel warrent a 30 million dollar private jet. Or, at what point did preachers feel that they needed to spend 10 grand a night in Hotels around the world while they wer running crusades? Jesus Christ sent the deciples out to preach with out extra shoes or money and look what they accomplished! So many christians around the world live in deplorable conditions? Could you live like these preachers knowing that your brothers and sisters are living in slums?
Organized churches live richly while the true church of christ live under deaths shadow. This is what paul ment when he said:

Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.
Hebrews 12:4

And who are you to judge that can be found in any church around the world today? Are you God so you know that?

The people who spoke out about what they saw wrong in churhes in the distant past all suffered the sme accusations. But I ask you, who are you not to seek the truth, to uncover fraud, and to expose the lie. you are weak if you take the path of least resistance. Cowards will share the same fate as those who prostitute this "gospel of riches" lie; not speaking out against it is just asevil as doing it! In the same way those who know of abuse going on in any church but chose to hush it up are as guilty as the perpetrator. But who am I to expose a pedifile if it doesn't affect me right? But who am I to expose a thief in the pulpit so long as it does not affect my wallot? Why don't we all just go to sleep right now?!

Sorry, but what Church are you accusing, ‘all-knowing judge’?

Every single church, every single person who believes that it is ok to lie on a bed of roses while millions wonder each day if they will eat at all.

Millions of desperate people seek out the crusades of Benny Hinn each time he comes to their city. Those who truely need healing are forced to the back while those with headaches are ushered to the stage. Yet day after day his ministry recieves millions of dollars from these poor disillusioned people; this is wrong. I will speak out against it no matter what names I am called.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

First let me define what I mean by false church. It is any denomination, Pastor, priest or person who does not hold firmly to the head which is Christ. Furthermore it is any denomination, Pastor, priest or person that does not walk exactly as Christ walked.

That covers every one of the 2 billion Christians on the planet.

EVERY church needs a physical head of the church on earth - to take care of the earthly needs. (get a building built, pay the bills, etc etc)

NO ONE on earth walks 'exactly' as Christ walked. No one.

So - according to your definition - everyone is a false christian and are in false churches???

I guess your just content to be ignorant, so be ignorant.

MajorMalfunction has a different opinion and is looking for evidence ... he is not ignorant for having a different opinion and he is not ignorant for wanting evidence to support the proposition that God became man.

Someone once told me that people are like apples on a tree. The all ripen at different rates. (Some just get wormy and fall off the tree) Each apple ripens at it's own appointed time. I was told to remember that some people who are little green apples today - will end up being red and ripe in the future. It's all a matter of tending to them and letting the SON shine upon them.

Originally posted by kinglizard
One day, hopefully when it's not too late, the atheist will be humbled and their eyes uncovered....

I agree. It's something to be prayed for... and I pray for it often.

[edit on 1/9/2008 by FlyersFan]

[edit on 1/9/2008 by FlyersFan]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join