It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A letter from a Norwegian politician (2012)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I don't know about NASA but I can share what I have.

First try www.iceagenow.com and simply look at the articles on the left side in the light blue column

or

www.iceagenow.com...

www.iceagenow.com...

www.iceagenow.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by favouriteslave

What this site shows is that not everyone is in agreement with climatic predictions. That's not so unusual in science.

If their models don’t match the data, they don’t change their models – they fiddle with the data.

That seems like a fairly strong statement, but is it? A typical model for climate is the GCM or global circulation model. This model takes in many inputs. Instead of tossing out the model adjustments are made to the data so that some of the issues are considered more or less important. That keeps the model which appears to be useful and so-called fiddles with the data. Models are kept and rejected based on their ability to make predictions.

For the past decade the magnetic field that triggers sunspots, magnetic storms on the face of the Sun, has been steadily declining and, with it, so has the overall temperature of planet Earth.

Magnetic reversals of the sun are common.
Ulysses and the Reversal of the Solar Magnetic Field

It is during this time of maximum activity, every 11 years, that the solar magnetic field undergoes a reversal. The reversal is not instantaneous, but involves a complex restructuring of the magnetic field which appears to take at least several months

My friend, Robert Felix, author of “Not by Fire, but by Ice”, and editor of IceAgeNow.com, probably knows more about ice ages than anyone on the planet. In his book, he says “Ice ages begin and end abruptly every 11,500 years.” Guess what? We are now 11,500 years since the last Ice Age ended!

That's a weird claim that this guy knows so much about ice ages since he does not appear to have a background in the subject. He was an architect.

Here is an article pointing out how information on the internet gets distorted and spreads quickly.
On David Bellamy's Climate Myth, and the Tenacity of Memes
Read this article and see that Felix has copied information from a magazine run by Lyndon LaRouche.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ATSGUY

Let me add this to your post. The Central Intellegence Agency recently moved it's headquarters for domestic operatons only from Langley to a location near the Denver Airport. Here's a post relating to how these preperations are being funded. Must read.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ATSGUY

Just an interesting observation. There are an interesting number of professional debunkers, who spend a great deal of time supporting the official government belief system. It's always interesting to click on their names and observe their other posts. You almost get the idea that some may be employed by the federal...........Nah. couldn't be.......right?

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by astrogolf

You have an important mistake in your post. The group moving is the domestic division, i.e. those stationed in the US, and not a group spying in the US. Your post suggests that this group does domestic operations.

That can be seen in this Washington Post article:
CIA Plans to Shift Work to Denver

The CIA has plans to relocate the headquarters of its domestic division, which is responsible for operations and recruitment in the United States, from the CIA's Langley headquarters to Denver, a move designed to promote innovation, according to U.S. intelligence and law enforcement officials.

The main function of the domestic division, which has stations in many major U.S. cities, is to conduct voluntary debriefings of U.S. citizens who travel overseas for work or to visit relatives, and to recruit foreign students, diplomats and businesspeople to become CIA assets when they return to their countries.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by astrogolf

There are an interesting number of professional debunkers

When people realize that their claims are heavily flawed such as the claims in this thread they begin to lash out at those that have shown the truth. At first there are the quiet and timid efforts to claim that there are professional debunkers around. Really? Who is making money off of this?

I can think of people making money by spreading the nonsense of 2012. There is Icke and the Project Camelot group. There is the architect with no background in science. The authors of the 2012 falsehoods are making money; they are the professional hoaxers.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

i tend to think that the likes of Robert Felix are only trying to do good and actually stop some of the GW disinfo.
as for the fact he isnt from that kind of background ......this means nothing ...i am from a farming background but for the last 10 years or so i have worked as a designer for QinetiQ....people can adapt and cope well with other fields of expertise.

thanks

snoopyuk

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

People can change. The problem is the lack of change. Someone writing their ideas down makes them an author, not always an authority on a subject. Writing books or producing videos does not mean that the person understands the subject matter. Being able to conjure up a good tale does not mean that the tale is true. These authors and video makers are not scientists and do not do science.

Take your example. You were a farmer. You are now doing design work and have done it for a decade. If you were able to stop farming and write a book about design work without taking the job of the designer, then you'd be an author on design work. Would you have the credentials of a decade of experience? No.

I know an author that has written on a number of subjects. They even wrote part of a travel guide. They did not go to most of the locations they described in the book. That information was collected by a lower paid employee that passed on the information to the writer.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join