It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irish Stock Market Crash & Global Depression

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I'm not putting this up as breaking news as it appears to be a well thought out discussion on a topic rather than a 'news flash'.

I was quite stunned to see this actually as I have not heard anything about this, and I suspect, neither have any of us.
Either way it is an interesting read and with the amounts involved it just makes you wonder how the economy is being kept going and why these things are being covered up.

It's like sweeping dirt under the carpet hoping it will go away, until the wind comes in and lifts the carpet.

Did you know the Irish stock market (ISEQ) has crashed and lost over 40 billion Euro in one year? If your not one of the few stock investors in Ireland then your answer will probably be no. Not surprising since you’re not really being told.

On the 22nd of May 2007 the Irish stock market hit a high of 10,364 and then crashed to a low of 6,281 in November. That was a 4,083 point drop in a few months, a loss of -39% or approximately over €40,000,000,000. During the last 12 months Bank of Ireland went from a high of 18.83 to a low of 8.80 a lose of -53%, AIB went from 24.39 to 12.87 a loss of -47%, Irish Life & Permanent TSB went from 23.09 to 10.90 a loss of -52% and the list goes on.

www.wiseupjournal.com...

And I particularly like the method they have used to try to show you just exactly how much money has been lost.

Let’s not lose sight of how much money was wiped off the market. Let’s put things into perspective:
A billion seconds ago it was 1959.
A billion minutes ago it was the time of Jesus.
A billion hours ago our ancestors were living in the Stone Age.
A billion days ago no-one walked on the earth on two feet.
40 billion Euro ago was only a few months back.

Well, I have mixed feelings about all of this anyway. Part of me wants it all to go wrong to change for the better, yet another part of me doesn't want all the millions of people to starve to death or freeze overnight due to the way the system might crash.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
It looks like it might have something to do with the American sub prime
swindle, a lot of those sub prime packages were being sold via the Irish stock exchange.

new topics

join