It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMFG

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
An American Airlines pilot on a flight from Los Angeles to New York told passengers on Friday, "If you are a Christian, raise your hand. If you are not, you're crazy." He then urged the "crazy" non-Christians to discuss the faith with Christians. Passengers were shocked and nobody raised their hands.

Instead, people immediately reached for their cell phones and in-flight phones to call relatives just in case they didn't make it home! F_ck, like the flight from Los Angeles to New York isn't long enough, you have to worry that the Jesus-freak pilot is going to blow a gasket and crash the plane if everyone doesn't convert to Christianity, pronto!

The pilot also told passengers he would be available for discussion at the end of the flight. Well, I can tell you right now that there were no Puerto Ricans on that flight, because the headline would have read a little differently. I am stunned that after the stress of that flight nobody decided just beat his arsse when the plane landed. The flight was heading to New York after all, and after the events of 9/11, I doubt New Yorkers have any tolerance for bull#e on an airplane.

I'll just stick to United Airlines, the service may suck at times but at least they don't try and convert my arse in mid-flight!

Link:
www.cnn.com...

[Edited on 10-2-2004 by dreamrebel]

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Was any disciplinary action taken against this guy?

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I think beating him with a shovel would have been an appropriate disciplinary action.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
actually i read this article on cnn, and it said tat because of privacy issues, they wont releasehow severe, or even whether or not he recieved punishment.

it also said it was his first day back from a week long mission

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
I think beating him with a shovel would have been an appropriate disciplinary action.

I agree. His job is to fly the plane. Not to be a #ing preacher. I had enough of that christian brainwashing in private school.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I believe he shold be able to say what he wishes no matter what anyone else thinks, christian or atheist. He can say what ever, if he gets fired or fined it is up to his employer. If you do not want to hear it I sugest not flying that comany anymore.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by samfashow
I believe he shold be able to say what he wishes no matter what anyone else thinks, christian or atheist. He can say what ever, if he gets fired or fined it is up to his employer. If you do not want to hear it I sugest not flying that comany anymore.

Yes he has the right to say whatever the # he wants but the man has a job and a responsibility, and that is to fly the plane and get passengers to their destination safely. If he wants to preach religion he can do it on his own free time.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Then maybe they should pass the microphone around the plane for everyone to speak about thier personal beliefs. What a crock of #e! I would like to beat the pilot with a dead wet fish!

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I believe people should be able to say what they want to say as well. But, there is a time and a place. And that was not the right time or place.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamrebel
Then maybe they should pass the microphone around the plane for everyone to speak about thier personal beliefs. What a crock of #e! I would like to beat the pilot with a dead wet fish!

Forget the wet fish.... beat him half to death with a big rubber dildo.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion
I believe people should be able to say what they want to say as well. But, there is a time and a place. And that was not the right time or place.

Exactly!

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion

Once agian, who sets these standards of the right place and time? Who exactly can tell us you can say this here...but can not say it here. Or make sure when you say this there are none of these people around.
NO! that is not the way it works, not in a free society anyways.
It is disgusting!

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
If we are going to break out a 24 inch double dill, then lets shove it up his arse with no vasoline for the mental torture he put the passangers through.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamrebel
If we are going to break out a 24 inch double dill, then lets shove it up his arse with no vasoline for the mental torture he put the passangers through.

LOL! Lets do one better. How bout we do like in the movie Little Nicky. You know give the guy Hitler's punishment and shove a huge pineapple up his ass.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I think its fair to say we all for freedom of speech and religion. But that was not equal. He was the only one with access to the mic. Please this isnt friggen church!

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Once agian, who sets these standards of the right place and time? Who exactly can tell us you can say this here...but can not say it here. Or make sure when you say this there are none of these people around.
It is disgusting!

The man is paid to do a job and that is to fly a plane and not to preach religion to other people. While he is in uniform he should behave a certain way. I mean you wouldnt act around your co workers the same way you act with your close friends. There is a line. AGAIN I SAY if you want to preach religion do it on your free time.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

It is disgusting!

The man is paid to do a job and that is to fly a plane and not to preach religion to other people. While he is in uniform he should behave a certain way. I mean you wouldnt act around your co workers the same way you act with your close friends. There is a line. AGAIN I SAY if you want to preach religion do it on your free time.

why quote me if you did not anwser my question?

and you just stated over what I already said!

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   

why quote me if you did not anwser my question?

and you just stated over what I already said!

You want me to answer your question. OK best I can answer it is use your common sense. And that's what this guy is seriously lacking.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I am sorry everyone. I had the CNN link to story wrong in the original 1st post of this thread. It has been corrected.

Article:
www.cnn.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
....this pilot obviously didn't think before he spoke those freightning words to his passengers. What was he thinking? I have no clue....he could just be a nut with 9/11 still stuck in his head w/ a fear of an onboard bomb and or terrorist. Besides what do christians has do to with anything? And what's that garbage that your "crazy" if your not a christian? What a moron....if I were the co-pilot I woulda asked him what the fluck he was thinkin when he said those things.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join