It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iowa Loves Huckabee, Obama

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Iowa Loves Huckabee, Obama

www.cnn.com

With 97 percent of precincts reporting, Obama had the support of 38 percent of voters, compared to 30 percent for John Edwards and 29 percent for Hillary Clinton...With 85 percent of Republican precincts reporting, Huckabee had the support of 34 percent of voters, compared to 25 percent for Mitt Romney. Fred Thompson had 14 percent, John McCain had 13 percent and Ron Paul had 10 percent.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Here we go! The start to an already long political season has begun. Hillary in 3rd and Ron Paul taking 10% - that surprises me. I didn't think Edwards would take #2 and I though Ron Paul would have done better.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I never thought I'd say this, but I'm relieved Huckabee did as well as he did. I hope his campaign continues to gain supporters, and he's already gotten my vote.

Mind you - and that's coming from a lifelong stanch leftist Democrat.

Fingers crossed, the madness we've been through the past eight will cease soon - regardless of who lands in Office.

[edit on 3-1-2008 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

It's funny you say that. Huckabee, at this point, seems to be appealing to both democrats and republicans.
This country needs a leader now not named Bush or Clinton. 16 years of both is enough.
Obama was a bit of a good shock. I am not sure if he would win, but it's going to be interesting.
I think, at this point, Giuliani and McCain are out. Dodd just bailed also. Can't wait for New Hampshire's Primary to really mix things up. Last I heard Obama and Huckabee are not leading there.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I was happy to see Obama do well, he seems to me to be the least objectionable of the Democrats. Hillary is too authoritarian for me by far, Obama seems less so.

I was sad to see Paul only got 10% of the Republican vote, I think he is the only candidate in the race offering any real kind of interesting alternative.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I was happy to see Obama and Edwards did well!

If Clinton gets elected, I'm off to Canada.

Honestly Ron Paul did the best IMO.

RP was 1st place with 29% of the independent voters.

He came in third place in Johnson County, which perhaps has the closest demographics to that of New Hampshire. It is home to the progressive college town of Iowa City, full of young voters who Paul's campaign is reliant on.

RP related internet searches were non-existent in Iowa as well.

As far as Huckabee being the winner.......

Look, 60% of the Iowa Caucus voters were evangelicals having to decide between a baptist minister and a mormon that dropped $2.7 Million on TV ads in Iowa.

RP '08

[edit on 1/4/2008 by QuasiShaman]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by QuasiShaman

That is some great info there. I guess I never thought about the Baptist vs. Mormon issue in an evangelical state. Ron Paul attaining 29% of Independent voters is huge - do you have a link to some information that is not RP's website?
(like MSNBC, FOX, Drudge, MyWay, Yahoo - I mean no disrespect by that).
If the "Live Free or Die" state's demographics match the independent voters than 4 days from now is going to be quite a day, a reckoning if you will.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I already informed my husband...
if Huckabee gets into the white house, I'm moving out of the country!! I am not gonna endure another long stretch of those "compassionate conservative" policies!! From what I've seen they're not compassionate and they definately aren't conservative.
And, I don't think Obama will be able to take it. Hillary could possibly win the presidency if she got the dem nomination, but then, we would still be moving out of the country, since my husband has about the same opinion of hillary as I do of huckabee....and really, I don't want to see another four to eight years of the clinton sega either.
ron paul would my choice of all the candidates out there, but then, well, I got a feeling that unless he decides to run as an independant, he won't be in the running. If he does, it just might be enough to give the dems the office.
so, my question is...what happened to all the good candidates out there? or are they just sane enough to know that this is not a good time to run. since well, whoever gets it is gonna have one heck of a mess to get us through. and more than likely, no matter what they do, will end up tying bush as the worse president in history.

by the way, Coast to Coast has done a couple of nights of psychics predicting for this near year. It was either one of those psychics or the show after those, where they were talking about the economy, but someone kind of mentioned that hillary was the chosen one...the one that the powers that be have decided to put into office. maybe there's alot of listeners in Iowa.....and well, if they heard that too, I imagine that she would have lost votes on that one. the last thing we want is for the "chosen one" whoever that one might be to get into office....although, that is probably who we will get.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Well don't jump the border just yet...still alot of voting to go. I wish this country would do a national primary though. Having it all over in one day would be alot easier.
I laugh at the compassionate conservative statement. People here in MI have been comparing Mr. Huckabee to Ronald Reagan. I really really have been laughing at it.
And here in MI, Mrs. Clinton, Dodd, Kuchinich and Gravel are the only Democrats on the ballot. The others (Obama and Edwards) did not sign up because of the pledges they made to keep Iowa and New Hampshire the first primaries. BOO on them.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
I was happy to see Obama do well, he seems to me to be the least objectionable of the Democrats. Hillary is too authoritarian for me by far, Obama seems less so.

I was sad to see Paul only got 10% of the Republican vote, I think he is the only candidate in the race offering any real kind of interesting alternative.

Ron gets most of his support from conservatives AND democrats AND third parties.

But a Democrat nor a Third Party can vote in the primaries... so he looses his biggest base of support.

People like me, who would vote for him if I could but simply cannot. In Ohio you must be a registered Republican to vote in the Caucus and since I am Libertarian and hold no registered political party I am not allowed to vote. I don't see Paul carrying the entire Republican side.. Republicans don't like him.

Because Republicans are to liberal.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I think it would be a tad hasty to write Ron Paul off just yet. Three months ago all the polls showed him as having about 1%, and the talking heads acted like it was a joke for him to run. So in that context, he's come on much stronger than expected.

Agreed, 10% isn't much overall, but it is when it's in a state where he wasn't expected to do anything, and where few people had even heard of him. If he can come on stronger yet in NH, then he'll start to get the notice he needs to become a major player.

It's still a horse race. RP hasn't fell in position, but rather moved up from where he was projected to be. Unlike Hillary, who dropped below expectations, RP has things to feel good about.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
No Republican in their right mind (no pun intended) would want Huckster to win the nomination! that is exactly who the Dems want because they know they can slaughter him!
On the other hand I hope Obama Hussein wins the Dem nom' that would be a total gimme for the Reds.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Man you are right about the Ron Paul situation. His support comes from all over the political map so it's hard for him to get the Republican nomination. If he were to run as a third party candidate, I doubt he would win, but he would make it really interesting (Like 25% of the vote).
I want a Fair Tax and controlled borders, Immigration Reform, a secure US and no terrorism. Ron Paul seems to be the guy who is on board with that. But some of the "others" agree with a few of those points.
Obama is the guy that intrigues me from the Left. I'm not an Edwards fan (probably because I know so little about him). Both of them are great speakers, the next debate should be fun.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by harddrive21

You are right aout Obama he surprised me with his speaking abilities, he is motivational for sure, I can see how he gets people to back him/. My problem with him is that he is so damm new and inexperienced that I can't help but picture him wide eyed and being rolled by the old long tooths of the political world.
I wish he had more experience under his belt thats all.
He would e awesome next go around after he has been in the senate four more years and isn't reffered to as "the junior senator" by the MSM which is done on purpose so that epople lose faith in him. They all want Billary to win.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

I wonder if Rep. Paul will be invited to the forum this weekend on FNC, though the GOP don't want him he has proven to have a voice that many are considering.

I don't know how much time RP put into Iowa but he finished respectable in the caucus just behind McCain/Thompson and way ahead of Giuliani who basicly snubbed Iowa.

I think it would be wrong should FNC decide not to give Rep. Paul a seat in the final nationally televised forum prior to the Tuesday NH primary.

On a good note, he will be on the ABC debate along with Huckabee, Romney, McCain, Thompson & Giuliani.

The Dems debate on ABC will include: Obama, Clinton, Edwards & Richardson.

The whittling process has begun.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Dont Hate Rats

No Republican in their right mind?
You said it I didn't

What us liberals want are candidates from both parties we can live with should they win and let me tell you pickings in that regard, from both parties is mighty slim.

I am not so pleased that Obama won as hillary came in third. He is in just too much of a hurry but she is just as odious as junior is... different party same bad status-quo ideology. What I am really pleased with is how well Edwards did. As far as I am concerned, he is the classic populist Democrat... but he has the same problem as Obama does... in too much of a hurry... but he is still better than hillary whom I will only vote for if its her vs Gulliani.

As for the Republicans as a liberal, I could live with Ron Paul, Huckabee and maybe, Romney as a last choice. The rest, especially Gulliani leave a bad taste in my mouth... If I had to chose a Republian it would be Ron Paul though.

Oh by the way can the implied slur of referring to Obama as Obama Hussien... It may be his middle name but its obvious what you are suggesting by using it and while I may not be for him, I still respect him.

[edit on 4-1-2008 by grover]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover

Oh by the way can the implied slur of referring to Obama as Obama Hussien... It may be his middle name but its obvious what you are suggesting by using it and while I may not be for him, I still respect him.

[edit on 4-1-2008 by grover]

Are you suggesting I shouldn't use his middle name?? Becaus ehis own name might offend him somehow?
ok..uh..no
I think his sweetmomma gave him that name and I am sureshe is proud of it. I will continue to call him by his full name out of respect for his sweetmomma.
Barack Hussein Obama

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I can smell the bs from here.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

You would vote Hillary only if Guiliani was running against her? WOW. I think i would write in my dog Mango instead. And for Obama - what does the middle name have to do with anything? I am not a Obama voter myself, but playing on the Muslim angle? There is alot of false info out there on him, as well as the other candidates.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dont Hate Rats
Are you suggesting I shouldn't use his middle name?? Becaus ehis own name might offend him somehow?
ok..uh..no
I think his sweetmomma gave him that name and I am sureshe is proud of it. I will continue to call him by his full name out of respect for his sweetmomma.
Barack Hussein Obama

I'm sure Obama was not named after Saddam Hussein. Hussein is not that unusual a name in the middle east. People only use his middle name when they want to imply he is a Muslim (he isn't) or that he is somehow aligned with terrorists and/or dictators. Now you're also insulting his mother.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join