It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Senseless Act and Blood on the Highway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Within a matter of seconds you can wake up dead! It only takes One individual driving drunk and performing a deadly and foolish act. 3 people are dead and 6 seriously injured today...That's the accident I witnessed last night. I was driving back from Las Vegas and heading past Indian Springs. Red, blue and white lights were flashing ahead. A huge bright light was pointing down on the highway... in order for the firefighters to see and use the Jaws of Life. Debris was strewn everywhere and persons with bags were searching the desert. Searching for what I believe were body parts! Medic Helicopters were coming in for the injured and coroners for the deceased. News crews from ABC to Fox all asking questions. Several lives changed drastically in a moments notice.

All this was caused by One individual who took it into her own hands... Passing another car without any regards. She than realizes it was a mistake and tries to get back into her original lane sideswiping others.
Several cars were involved and many bodies broken. Does the inebriated individual die in this accident. Most likely not! Do the innocent? Probably.
Several hours later and traffic backed up for miles the huge center light goes off. Smashed vehicles are loaded on the tow trucks and the flares on the highway burn out. A child never had a chance to grow up and the Highway Patrolman said, "All of this could have been avoided."

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Such a shame to read of the loss of live caused by another drunk driver. Every 2 minutes someone is injured in a DUI accident. Every 31 minute some is killed by someone driving drunk.

Thank you for sharing this regretful story with us.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Having worked ICU for 27 years I can tell you that if it were not for drugs and alcohol (and inappropriate admits), there would be little need for ICU at all. Of all the motor vehicle accident admits I've taken care of, I'd have to say that over 90% of the drunks make it out virtually unscathed while ALL their victims are seriously injured. It's a drunk driving phenomenon. The drunks that caused the accident are so loose and anesthetized that they roll with the crash and don't tense up like the sober victims do. If they do sustain injuries, they're so anesthetized that they don't have much of a pain response and their bodies can get on with healing rather than combating pain as well as injury.

Such wreckless endangerment of others lives is criminal and reprehensible. It's like shooting a gun into a crowd or having unprotected sex when you know you're infectious. There's no excuse.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
A family friend was killed on his way to Vegas 6 years ago. He was asleep in the back seat when a drunk driver hit them head on. Out of the 3 passengers in his car and the 1 drunk driver in the other, he was the only one to sustain major injuries.
To see the devastation of the families is a horrible thing.......he was a totally innocent 17 year old passenger.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Thank-you all for your replies. I really appreciate your expertise
whitewave. The three who died were a little boy 4-5 years of age, an elderly woman and a young girl around 19 years old. The female driver who caused all this mayhem was also 19. The State Patrol Officer said, "Investigations are pending and charges will be filed."

top topics

join