It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huckabee NO!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Can someone out there please tell me why Huckabee is a good presidential cadidate!??!?! We need to be politically strong and we need to come together as a nation. This guy is for the few Christian right that believe we need to be a christian nation!! We need the power to be with the people as a whole, not a radical Christian minority. I feel sick right now since he won Iowa

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
He's been the governor of Arkansas forever now and I live in Arkansas. Now that he's no longer able to be governor he set his sites a bit higher.

He pretends to be a Republican but the dude loves taxes, especially taxes on the poor. Never met a tax he didn't like, unless it was on his rich contributers.

He's a politician. He serves those that give him money. All politicians do.

It really doesn't matter who won, they are all just different labels on the same bottle of snake oil.

We're screwed.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Dont you see it?! He has CHUCK NORRIS on his side, Mike didnt win!! CHUCK NORRIS roundhouse kicked the results in his favor!

In all seriouseness, what you saw in Iowa is what happens when the christian conservatives go out to vote in droves, they are the most solid base of voters amongst republicans, still I dont think hes going to win.
[edit on 3-1-2008 by Bunch]

[edit on 3-1-2008 by Bunch]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Man that dude scares the hell out of me! I bet he loves taxes as much as he loves jesus....scary stuff people. I hope he doesnt win

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Well I love Jesus, but that Tax stuff?

WOW...

Is he really that bad?

I was not leaning to him anyway, I'm still in favor of Romney, but I would like to hear some more "real life" about "Hucks" tax policies....

Semper

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Is he bad?? Well he is worse that Bush

politics.reddit.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
His ethics certainly seem, note I said seem, to be a little on the hit or miss side...

It'll be interesting to see which of the "angels" running on the GOP side begins to call him on his ethics.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeff Riff
Can someone out there please tell me why Huckabee is a good presidential cadidate!??!?!

Not me. I can't think of one darn reason why he's a good candidate for POTUS. (except that he's not a Kennedy)

I feel sick right now since he won Iowa

Me too. It's pretty darn bad. Huckabee and Obama.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Can someone out there please tell me why Huckabee is a good presidential cadidate!??!?! We need to be politically strong and we need to come together as a nation. This guy is for the few Christian right that believe we need to be a christian nation!! We need the power to be with the people as a whole, not a radical Christian minority. I feel sick right now since he won Iowa

Don't sweat it too much man! RP did the best in IA considering that 60% of the people that came out to caucus last night were evangelicals forced to decide between a baptist minister and a mormon
who dropped $2.7 Million in TV ads.

Ron Paul won 29% of independent voters and placed third in Johnson County, which perhaps has the closest demographics to that of New Hampshire.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I am personally baffled by Huckabee. I listen to him and what he says and am left totally uninspired. I find his message to be bland and his presentation worse. I guess there is a segment of the populace that like candidates with personalities that resemble farts.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Why Huckabee did well in Iowa

Iowa:

Cold in the winter
Corn in the summer
Pigs and plain-looking girls all year long.
-Anon

[edit on 5-1-2008 by jsobecky]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Why Huckabee did well in Iowa

Iowa:

Cold in the winter
Corn in the summer
Pigs and plain-looking girls all year long.
-Anon

[edit on 5-1-2008 by jsobecky]

OMG, it's Rock Hudson's husband!

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeff Riff

Yo, I totally agree with you.
Huckabee frightens me.
There is something scary and unsettling about him.
He has the sinister eye.
Plus, I don't like the way he and Romney talk to each other (I'm not really a fan of Romney either).
I'm not a real fan of any politician that uses (or hides behind) his religious affiliation because that's exactly what the Constitution was trying to prevent.
Plus, to me at least, he seems to talk a lot but say very little.
I hope to the GA that he does not get the republican ticket.
If he does, then we're all pretty much finished (we as in free-thinking non-Christians).
Yeah, I know that last statement is gonna get me some heat here, but that's how I feel and that's what I think.

[edit on 1/8/2008 by wu kung]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Can someone out there please tell me why Huckabee is a good presidential cadidate!??!?!

He's not. We need someone who stands for the constitution.

Period.

That's what it is ALL about and we must REMEMBER that, no matter what. Especially this year!

There is nothing wrong, IMO, with having leadership whose wisdom is legitimately based upon true spiritual understanding...but even that still is a private matter even for the President just as it is for everyone of us.

It would actually be GREAT to have a wise and courageous leader...that is for real!

Blaming war on Jesus is just as spineless, IMO, as blaming one's mistakes in life on the 'devil.' And even though I, myself, try to follow such teachings of Jesus such as loving my neighbor as myself and not condemning/judging others based on differences of either lifestyle or flesh, etc.; the LAST thing I want is a Chief Executive who uses the name of Jesus, Christ, or even GOD as a reason to justify disregarding one of the two principle reasons upon which our country was founded.

FREEDOM of religion means not only choosing for ourselves but also letting our actions speak for our beliefs rather than our beliefs excusing our actions.

Religion in politics gives GOD a bad name...IMO. As well as makes for a very narrow line between integrity and hypocrisy. And hypocrisy in leadership portrays a hypocritical citizenry, in the eyes of other nations.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
He's been the governor of Arkansas forever now and I live in Arkansas. Now that he's no longer able to be governor he set his sites a bit higher.

He pretends to be a Republican but the dude loves taxes, especially taxes on the poor. Never met a tax he didn't like, unless it was on his rich contributers.

He's a politician. He serves those that give him money. All politicians do.

Uh-oh. Rich politician from Arkansas? That is undoubtedly reason enough to be extremely dubious toward casual consideration!

We're screwed.

Maybe...maybe not.

It's certainly do or die this year - in more ways than one!

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I can't stand it when they interview him he doesn't look into the camera, one eye is looking one way and the other eye looking someware else. And I keep thinking to my self what the hell is this guy looking at.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Good Point. Politicians do what those who give them money tell them to do. Everyone in this race besides Ron Paul is endorsed by corporations. Ron Paul makes his money only from U.S. citizens and voters that wish to donate to his cause. So, in essence, Ron Paul will do what the PEOPLE want him to do! Ron Paul 2008! Go vote in primaries people!

[edit on 10-1-2008 by MiKeB420]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Oh you folks don't know about Huck's nickname yet ???

"Tax Hike Mike"

LOL, yea his record on taxes is unrivaled in politics according
to stuff I read.

Also have you folks heard about Huck's viewpoint on his
nation-wide smoking ban ???

He says that if congress sends him a bill to eliminate smoking
from ALL PUBLIC PLACES, he would sign into law.

Oh great !!!! another president breaking the 10th Amendment.
Guess that means Huck's not in favor of our constitution.

Youtube: Tax Hike Mike supports nation-wide smoking ban

AOL News: Huck's nationwide smoking ban

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
I'm still in favor of Romney,

First of all I like to thank Semper for all the work that he's done
for many folks here with their beautiful avatars. Very nice work
indeed !!!

However, since you did bring up Romney's name and since
you stated that you were LEANING toward him. I'd like to point
out something to you about Romney which isn't kosher with me.

In this video on youtube Romney clearly states that he is against
gay marriages or paligamy (spelling???) but in the same paragraph
in that speech he says that he approves of the benefits associated
between gay non-traditional relationships.

Now ... how can he be against Gay Marriage AND endorse the
benefits associated with that relationship ?? To me that is a clear
hypocritical statement. See his speech here.

Youtube: Romney on Gay Rights AND benefits

I'm sorry but the way I read my Bible. Gay Marriage is wrong
and sinful, Including the BENEFITS that go along with that relationship.
The very minute we (as a nation) endorse benefits to partners of
non-traditional relationships, then we endorse homosexuality itself.
No matter if you change the label to non-traditional, it's still the same thing.

So if you endorse Romney, then you endorse homosexuality
in my opinion. Is this what you are leaning toward ??
Or did you know about his stance ???

top topics

join