It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, Huckabee Win Iowa Presidential Caucuses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Obama, Huckabee Win Iowa Presidential Caucuses

youdecide08.foxnews.com

Barack Obama was declared the winner of the Iowa Democratic presidential caucuses Thursday night, less than two hours after voting began.

On the Republican side, Mike Huckabee had already been declared the winner after returns showed him clearing a big gap between him and his opponents.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Lots of surprises here, Hillary not 1, not 2nd, but 3rd!!!! The Iowans gave her the cold shoulder and I think the rest of the country would follow suit.

Huckabee win is not surprising, the margin was though IMO, apparently the christians conservatives went to vote in droves, still I dont think he has a chance though.

And RON PAUL where are you?? Have anyone seen him ?? Thats got to be dissapointing, Thompson and McCain ahead of him? McCain that didnt even did campaingning in the state? Ouch!

youdecide08.foxnews.com

[edit on 3-1-2008 by Bunch]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Obama's win shows his appeal goes way beyond just the African American vote. He appears to have done particularly well in Des Moines and the area around the University of Iowa campus. Obama's message of change resonates with young voters, ages 18-25. It remains to be seen whether he will win the nomination, as Clinton does well with older voters, but he is well on his way.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch

And RON PAUL where are you?? Have anyone seen him in?? Thats got to be dissapointing, Thompson and McCain ahead of him? McCain that didnt even did campaingning in the state? Ouch!

youdecide08.foxnews.com

Ron Paul??? I guess his supporters haven't figured out how to spam a state caucus as well as they spam internet polls! My question is what is he going to do with all that money he raised from the prostitutes, white supremacists, and anti-war whackos?

I'm very disappointed with the lack of support for Mrs. Bill Clinton. This was supposed to be a coronation. I guess the LA Times was right in proclaiming him "Barack the Magic Negro" because he sure is tricking the Democrats right now.

www.latimes.com...

A Huckabee and Romney showdown will be a good fight. I'm hoping Romney bounces back and eventually takes the nomination.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
A Huckabee and Romney showdown will be a good fight. I'm hoping Romney bounces back and eventually takes the nomination.

I think that Romney will eventually win, he would do better in states were there is not a large christian conservative base, but I think he should run with Huckabee for Vice, that would be the best match possible I think.

apc

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
9% is greater than Paul's Gallop numbers at least.

Funny how the left is just the three amigos (sorry...) and the right has a decent spread.

Alas, Iowa is a joke. Clinton got 3% in '92.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Yes, because we all know how hard Bill campaigned in Iowa

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

What a brilliant victory speech. Shades of Bobby Kennedy and MLK

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Congrats to Huck and Obama.

For those asking "where is Ron Paul?" he finished at 10 percent.
5th place, which is where he placed in the Iowa Straw poll.
HE also got the highest percentage of independent voters.

Lower than I wished, higher than I expected.

Not bad for the land of Government Farm Subsidies!!

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

When I posted this thread I didn't had the entire results but now seeing that RP score 10% that is not bad at all. Considering that most of the republican Iowa voters are Christian conservatives afraid of a Mormon and what you alluded about the farm subsidies.

Not bad at all, now I'm looking foward to NH where independents are allowed to vote and Christians conservative factor is not that big.

It should be interesting.

top topics

join