It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Ghosts 'Self-Aware'?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I've always wondered if a ghost knows he/she is dead. Do you think that when a person dies they are completely self aware, cursed to stay on Earth without a body, not being able to speak, or have any senses?

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

I believe most are self aware and leave Earth and go to higher dimensions and/or the astral plane/realm.

But some souls are trapped, those souls are called ghosts (I know, it's obvious). If you watch a show like Ghost Hunters (TAPS) on the SciFi network, then you would know that some hauntings the ghosts are aware of themselves and can communicate with you.

But other hauntings are classified as residual hauntings because the energy or conscious left over form that person is still in that same place--unaware of people and their surroundings.

Another type of haunting is the poltergeist type, which is not associated with a ghost, but a living person.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
I've always wondered if a ghost knows he/she is dead. Do you think that when a person dies they are completely self aware, cursed to stay on Earth without a body, not being able to speak, or have any senses?

I am a spiritual medium and communicate with a fellowship of discarnates on a daily basis, have been for years.

Most who transition become aware that they are no longer in the flesh after only a short time, if not immediately. Those who harbor a strong belief that their physical end means the end of their personality (or that they go into a coma until God comes) may temporarily put themselves into a comatose state. But that doesn't last long either, as there are many who will nudge them from their self-imposed delusion.

There are also sympathetic spirits who sometimes produce a religious show to make those who are sincere and moral but who had improper spiritual education in life, feel better. For example, they may be shown a glorious vision of heaven, with "Jesus" descending in glory and declaring that they need not go into a coma-like state because their religion said that they must do so until Judgment Day.

The whole ghost and poltergeist paradigm is also generally misunderstood. No singular ghost or discarnate has the power in The Light to move objects. (If anyone could do that, that would make him or her a god. No gods are up there as of yet.) The movement of objects is all performed by Group Entities or discarnate communities who use their combined energy in The Light to do it. So if you see a vision of a ghost and there are telekinetic movements, it is a manifestation by a group of discarnates, not just one individual.

The assumption that discarnates cannot speak or that they have no senses is erroneous. Spirits speak telepathically and the senses are not dulled, but heightened simply by being away from matter. The exception to the above is for those who are spiritually retarded and who therefore have difficulty communicating as well as sensing-seeing things clearly on the Other Side. (These same individuals had trouble sensing-seeing things clearly when on This Side.)

We are all judged by the nonliving and infinite Light that many near death experiencers have reported seeing "at the end of the tunnel." The more spiritually evolved the person, the greater the ability to ascend into The Light after bodily death. The higher the dimension, the greater the expansion of consciousness, the more spiritual the plane, and the more powerful the dimension of energy. All of which is based on the soul's ability to love genuinely and deeply and its application of The Golden Rule. No god or God judges us. The Light does the judging and the Universal Law that governs it is absolutely inescapable.

Life is very important because how we have lived our life largely determines how far we can go into the light.

Source

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
To say there is no God is the first clue that the information you're getting from these spirits is not from the holy side and truths mixed with falsehoods. There is a God and God is light. He is the power source of all creation, but He most certainly does judge.

Careful who you communicate with...test them... or the ones who support Satan will deceive you every chance they get.

Being psychic is a gift - but as with any gift, you must be responsible with how you use it. It is not a sin to communicate with the Spirit Realm, but the Scriptures warn us of this for a reason. This reason is because in the Spiritual War there are spirits (ghosts) fallen angels and holy angels and they are either on God's side or Satan's side. The one's on Satan's side bank on being able to deceive psychics who can then spread their falsehoods to others.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ReginaAdonnaAaron

It's odd how two people can read the same item and perceive it totally differently. When I read the same sentance PR wrote as you did

"No singular ghost or discarnate has the power in The Light to move objects. (If anyone could do that, that would make him or her a god. No gods are up there as of yet.) "

I perceived it as meaning that no one ghost or spirit, if you will, has equal powers of God. That we are all part of the Light (God). Again, when I read in his 'source' that at the time of our NDE (and I assume our DE) we are unable to lie even to ourselves ... God allows us to judge ourselves according to his expectations. Therefore, God is not doing the judging ... which makes perfect sense to me since I am always harder on myself when I do not live up to the expectaions of those who love me.

Obviously, these were just my perceptions .... of the same post you read.
Hope I explained clearly enough ..sometimes I can't get my thoughts on paper to come out right.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Ghosts are spiritual personalities that for one reason have gotten trapped between the phyical and unphyical realm.

Such reasons of being trapped might be
violent death (where the person was so tramatized they don't realize they died)
phyical attraction (for some reason the phyical world holds such an attraction that they are unwilling to let go)

In most cases, the "ghosts" are not self aware in such a sense as to realize they are ghosts. They are mostoften confused and lost.

Sometimes demon spirits can trick a ghost into surving them, and in this case the ghosts can be self aware.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I see the need to offer some clarification. Glad to get some people thinking. Most of you won't agree with what I am about to state, but that's okay. This is after all a place to share ideas.

From a certain perspective, ReginaAdonnaAaron, you are right.

But so are you reblazed.

Discernment of spirits is indeed very important. The best way to do that is to perceive and/or see the energy behind a telepathic message. If it is anything other than sky blue or white in color - like orange, yellow, or violet - it should not be trusted and the energy should be rejected. This is explained further on our Spiritual Correspondence page.

When you accept the typical yellow discarnate energies in a communication, you are accepting the energy of a religious community of basically spiritual people, typically on the Fourth Plane. These are all out to further their god-icon agenda.

What does that mean?

It means that whenever anyone receives a message about a god or God in existence NOW, and the energy BEHIND the message is yellow (typically) or orange (sometimes violet), it means that the message is not coming from a Godhead or from discarnate Saints, but from lesser beings that should not be trusted. It means that it is coming from a community of basically spiritual angels at best, and not from a divine source.

If you want the absolute truth, you have to align yourself with and channel discarnate Saints on the Sixth and Seventh Planes.

According to the discarnate Saints, the absolute truth is that there WAS a God in The Light billions of years ago. That First God, after initiating The Big Bang, divided His/Her Godhead up willfully, completely, and irrevocably into trillions of basically spiritual spirits or "yellow-energy angels."

When traditional ministers, priests, rabbis, etc., talk about "a piece of God in all of us," that is really what that means.

In this timeline, all souls are what is left of The Original Creator.

Does that imply that there is no cosmic justice?

Of course not. We are all judged by the infinite and nonliving Light when we leave the flesh and return to the Primary Reality of Spirit.

The Original Creator, like us, had to evolve. He/She did not just pop into existence as a rarefied being of God Consciousness. It had to be earned in The Light through Radiant selflessness.

The Light that The First God used to create The Big Bang, predates all consciousness and is the only thing which enables reality to manifest itself in the first place.

Without The Light, there would be no planets, stars, souls, or an Original Creator to orchestrate a Big Bang/First Genesis.

The First God had nothing to do with the formation of any traditional religion on any planet because He/She has never been here. They were all powered and empowered by communities of angels (i.e., Group Entities), not by gods or Gods, or The Original Creator.

So when I state that there are no gods or Gods in the Spirit at this time, that is exactly what I mean. It is our responsibility to spiritually evolve so that when we leave the flesh we can Ascend into The Light and become Co-Creators. We do this by emulating on a daily basis the approach that The Original Creator developed in order to evolve into rarefied God Realization: Heart Chakra Radiance.

However and with a certain degree of cosmic entertainment, the story doesn't stop there.

The long-term vision and genius of The Original Creator was to emerge in a Universe that is teeming with humanoid civilizations. He/She knew that over the eons, saints would emerge and that some of them would evolve into becoming lesser gods (Magi), and that they would eventually ascend in The Light. To then use their Godheads to seek Him/Her out through time travel.

Time travel can only be accomplished astrally. Einsteinian physics dictates that nothing material can even come close to the speed of light (where time stands still), much less go beyond it. Moreover, time travel can only be accomplished into parallel time-lines in the past, not into a future that has yet to exist and not into the past of our own time-line. Our individual past cannot be changed one iota

When The Original Creator ventures into this space-time continuum for the very first time, it will be The First Coming, whereby miracles of healing and telekinesis will occur that are vastly more powerful than anything any angel prophet in history has ever manifested.

Like, for example, healing MILLIONS at once of incurable ailments. Sai Baba, Moses, and Jesus/Issa - and a host of long-forgotten prophets - never even came close to doing anything of that magnitude. They couldn't do it because they were not aligned with the power of The Original Creator. They all channeled large Group Entities which furthered an illusion of them being divine (and that their god-icon was true) from their Gifts of the Spirit.

But Group Entities are limited in scope of power. They cannot bring a prophet back from the dead once the body is completely destroyed. That is why you will never see Moses or Jesus - or any other major, historical religious figure in any other traditional religion - around today, in the flesh, on international television, healing people around the globe on a daily basis. They were only prophets, not gods and not saints.

Like I stated, there are no gods or Gods in the Spirit at the present time.

The First Coming has yet to occur. It can only happen after lesser gods or Magi emerge, ascend into The Light, and then enable The First God in a distant parallel time-line, just before The Big Bang, to emerge in this space-time continuum.

The absolute truth is not easy to take at first, but you get used to it over time, as some already have.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Paul_Richard

Wow, that's a mouthful!

I'm not sure if I agree with you 100%, but it was worth reading your insightful post.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I dont share all your beliefs but the part about how god created life and divided himself up is in my opinion pretty much spot on. when i tell people that god doesn't answer their prayers because he became lost in his own creation when he shared the gift of life with everyone most people dont get it but you certainly seem to. im curious though what you make of the families intentionally trying to keep everyone spiritually ignorant and how people will be able to tell the difference between all the messed up mind control tech they have planned for the fake coming and the real thing.

[edit on 4-1-2008 by HuntaXX]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
They are as self aware as when they left the physical plane. Just depends on the recourse of vision they have implemented through life.

They will drop the mind, the body, and the spirit, when they leave and be a window of consciousness operating in space when they leave.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Hi Monsterenergy791,

Originally posted by Monsterenergy791
Wow, that's a mouthful!

I'm not sure if I agree with you 100%, but it was worth reading your insightful post.

Thank you kindly.

Hi HuntaXX,

Originally posted by HuntaXX
I dont share all your beliefs but the part about how god created life and divided himself up is in my opinion pretty much spot on. when i tell people that god doesn't answer their prayers because he became lost in his own creation when he shared the gift of life with everyone most people dont get it but you certainly seem to.

Here's another reference to help you explain it...

Dr. Melvin Morse is a pediatrician, author, and well-known researcher into the near death experiences of children. A beautiful woman once suggested to him that he try praying, so he did. He knelt down and prayed for understanding about the relationship of man to God.

The answer came back to him in a flash of insight: a fractal. A fractal is a holographic part of a greater whole that contains within it the blueprint or program of that greater whole. For example, if you break off a piece of a holographic image, it will still contain within it a representation of the whole picture.

In a spiritual sense then, all souls are fractals of light of The Original Creator; we all contain within us the god spark that was developed to a large degree within The First God that we all came from. Some souls have a more developed god spark than others but we all started out the same. Our choices have largely determined where we are now in development.

im curious though what you make of the families intentionally trying to keep everyone spiritually ignorant and how people will be able to tell the difference between all the messed up mind control tech they have planned for the fake coming and the real thing.

POWER. When all else fails in discernment, simply ascertain the level of God Force that is being utilized. Post Ascended Gods/Elders and Post Ascended gods/Magi will be much more powerful than any prophet in history, including Jesus/Issa.

The large Group Entities that have millions of discarnate members, and the prophets that they channel into and around, cannot create fully-grown, youthful and beautiful humanoid bodies. They also cannot heal hundreds of people at once of incurable illness or affliction. They also cannot physically shield their prophet from a surface-to-air or air-to-air non-nuclear missile attack - or even from the small arms fire from dozens of people. They also cannot keep their prophet looking young, ageless, and beautiful indefinitely. They also cannot instantly create missing body parts that harmoniously work with the body without infection and/or rejection.

When they return from The Light in idyllic humanoid bodies, the new gods and Gods will also have the ability to teleport themselves - body and soul - instantly over great distances, even to another world. Additionally, they will be able to levitate much more often, more easily, and higher and faster in the air than anything ever seen before among the "magicians" and "mentalists" who channel and are supported by the energy of their respective, large Group Entity - that has thousands or at least hundreds of discarnate members. They will be able to heal much more quickly and easily than any prophet or religious person with a Gift of Healing has ever done before; more so than Jesus/Issa did, more so than Sai Baba did, more so than John of God in Brazil does now

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
When you say Group Entities do you mean a kind of collected unconsciousness though form type of thing? im yet to delve too deeply into it but for some time now ive had this theory that many religions are created as a sort of focus point to pool everyones energy for use by the religions founders by creating a sort of real/not real thought from god from so many people focusing on one religious figure at once. also the thing that concerns me about the fake coming is finding out that they have developed some kind of energy based weapon that supposedly can project signals right into the head making you see hear and even smell whatever they want you to and they plan to use it on a GLOBAL scale. how will people be able to tell their real brain signals from the fake ones without permanent shielding?

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   

When you say Group Entities do you mean a kind of collected unconsciousness though form type of thing?

Not a thought form. A community of people on the Other Side who willfully use their collective energy in The Light (typically somewhere on the Fourth Plane - as they usually have a yellow discarnate energy signature or yellow Dominant Aura Color) to manifest minor acts of healing and/or telekinesis.

A Group Entity is a discarnate community of only basically spiritual people or angels, not saints and not gods.

im yet to delve too deeply into it but for some time now ive had this theory that many religions are created as a sort of focus point to pool everyones energy for use by the religions founders by creating a sort of real/not real thought from god from so many people focusing on one religious figure at once.

When you have thousands, even millions of yellow-energy angels all using their energy in The Light to promote a god-icon telepathically to those in the flesh, along with healings and other manifestations of telekinesis (miracles in essence), that is how all the traditional religions basically got started.

also the thing that concerns me about the fake coming is finding out that they have developed some kind of energy based weapon that supposedly can project signals right into the head making you see hear and even smell whatever they want you to and they plan to use it on a GLOBAL scale. how will people be able to tell their real brain signals from the fake ones without permanent shielding?

There are no devices that can produce telepathy or telekinesis, as these are abilities that stem from those in The Light. But there are high-tech devices that can mimic these things to a certain extent.

For example, there was a relatively recent article posted in ATS about a device that is currently being used for advertising in a public place. When someone walks near the display, a motion detector turns on a sound projector that makes one hear a voice inside or near one's head. If one is experienced in clairaudience and self-aware, one can fairly easily tell the difference between a physical sound in or near one's head and that of telepathy.

Another example is the green anti-gravity beam that the Zetan-aliens use to temporarily immobilize helicopters and on-board instrumentation. This green ray mimics telekinesis but still isn't the real thing.

It isn't all that easy to manipulate people with advanced technology on a grand scale. That is why it has never been attempted in recent times.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
"I've always wondered if a ghost knows he/she is dead. Do you think that when a person dies they are completely self aware, cursed to stay on Earth without a body, not being able to speak, or have any senses?"

It depends, there are so many different kinds of spirits. If there is a person there is self awareness, just not a physical body. Some spirits might be in a realm that is alike to this physical only missing a few dimensions (the closest to ours is simply without time). Others further away are more to hell like realms, some without sound or even movement. Some spirits communicate through movement comparable to sign language (which is almost impossible to understand from our dimension). Some spirits only communicate in light, some in sound, some in feelings.

Those that are cursed to stay on earth are actually not on earth but in their afterlife which is build on their memories and opinions. It is very illusionary, actually the whole of afterlife is illusionary because there is simply no way to verify anything. You can't take a DNA test to make sure you are in the right family, you can't verify what some other spirits think or believe because every spirit interpret eachother differently, be it individual spirits or spirits in a collective or group.

"The whole ghost and poltergeist paradigm is also generally misunderstood. No singular ghost or discarnate has the power in The Light to move objects. (If anyone could do that, that would make him or her a god. No gods are up there as of yet.) The movement of objects is all performed by Group Entities or discarnate communities who use their combined energy in The Light to do it. So if you see a vision of a ghost and there are telekinetic movements, it is a manifestation by a group of discarnates, not just one individual."

How I see sounds made by ghosts or movement of objects is that such an individual has a "deep pentration" of the mind by malicious spirits that have the power to induce certain sounds. See it as a mind out of control of the Self, where a spirit can invoke a memory of a sound the Self once heard. The person experiencing the sound of banging on walls has no clue there is some spirit (usually a group) that is activating a particular memory where the Self becomes aware of. If there are 2 persons hearing the same sound they both have deep penetration and the malicious spirits work together.

A deeper kind of mental penetration is when malicious spirits takeover the mind (not the consiousness) by placing the original inhabitant (consiousness) of the body in a mental niche (see it as being in a sense deprivation tank but without any input, just a 0,00001% connection to the senses the remainder being occupied/possessed/claimed by spirits having a strong consiousness together), then controlling the body to do something such as moving an object and then the original consiousness will surface again and become aware of an object being moved. In even worse case scenario's (malicious spirits that used to be involved in mind torture/mindcontrol projects during life along with spirits that used to be IT specialists) there is simply an implant memory, so a Self might remember putting an object somewhere while in reality the object had been placed somewhere else but because the implant memory is stronger (the spirits belief in it is stronger) the Self might become confused and believe an object has been teleported or something.

In case of hallucinations, the spirits might have access to vision of the Self and induce a memory, overlaying for example the image of a grim reaper over the actual vision of reality. In worst case scenario's a malicious spirit might control the image to do certain things (make it come alive for the Self observing it).

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I will tell what i think of ghosts, also based in some things i red in the past...and some personal experiences.

A ghost is not "awere" of nothing! Because it is not a spirit!
Spirits and ghosts , when visible can be very similar, but they are totaly diferent.
A ghost is almoust a "snapshot" /Foto of a intense feeling in the Etheric energy of the surrounded ambient. It is almoust like a small movie been played in the "air".
Exemple: Let's take a a case where some one is dieing in pain, (like a cancer victim), for some months in a room...The continous effect of the "victims mood" will be impregned/printed in the auric energy of the room and or the house. when some thermal, light and moixture condicions are gathered, we can start to see "The ghost". Normaly this kind of "movies" are very short!!
When people are suffering or have conscience of "death", strong vibrations are emanated, and they are so strong that they can be "recorded" by the auric energy of inanimated objects, like a pen, a chair, a room or even a house.
Another classical exemple is if some one die in a monday at 6pm...if the dead guy, died in plain shock and in distress, we probaly will have a ghost in that room or house where at all the mondays at 6 pm, it can be seen.
Many many people always do the same mistake, when mixing ghosts with spirits, but they are diferent. You do not speak to a foto or a movie, nor the movie is awere of you in the room. The ghost is the same thing.

[edit on 5/1/08 by Umbra Sideralis]

[edit on 5/1/08 by Umbra Sideralis]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
For anyone interested in the varied Near Death experiences, you can visit:

Near Death Experiences

There is a huge archive of near death experiences .

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Thank you for clarifying that for me
ive learned a lot but theres still so very much i have left to learn. i suppose thats one of the few things that keeps this world interesting when ive had a small glimpse of bigger and better things

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Hi HuntaXX,

You're welcome.

"The more you know the less you think you know."

Although not infinite, its a pretty vast Universe out there.

It's hard to get bored by it all, which is a very good thing.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Tripy stuff! I enjoyed this one. I have similiar views-opinions-feelings about this. All I know is that when I go none of them better mess with me or I will sick the Raven on their keister! I am not tough don't take me the wrong way it would be the Raven that will protect me. Anyway don't know what that has to do with the subject but thought I would let it out. Thanks everyone for the awesome stuff!

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Interesting topic and one that I have often given much thought.

If the mind does really live on after bodily death then I think it is perfectly reasonable to think that ones "self awareness" lives on too!

Does an individual who lived say for example four hundred years ago see the world as we do today, or do they see it as it was when they were alive?

Maybe some one out there has an answer to this!

All interesting stuff..

new topics

top topics

join