It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taiwan and the 2008 Olympics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Today, I remembered a Chinese politician talking about Taiwan and the 2008 Olympics. It is general knowledge that China and Taiwan has some extremely serious hate for each other/ It is also general knowledge that the Olympics are a time of peace and pacification, however, the man said that the situations might me different this year.
Taiwan has struggled for autonomy from mainland China for many years now and it has been a major political topic on ATS and the media. When the 2008 Olympics was announced to be in China, it is probable that Taiwan planned a succession. Taiwan know that China will not be able to attack it during the Olympics which is partially a time of peace. If Taiwan is bold enough to take this action then China will arm itself from this very moment. China will strike which is a big nono in our current liberal society. There will be protests against China and China will lose its reputation. However, that Chinese politician I was talking about; he said that China will start arming itself and increase its power as a precaution of Taiwan succeeding.
I am thinking that Taiwan will never gain autonomy due to their unrepresentative government. There are still a substantial amount of proPRC in Taiwan, and China will never give Taiwan up to the hands of Western Civilizations.

new topics

join