It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Marking on Mars Rock

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
RR

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Got this from Rense, notice the discoloration around the mark, it looks almost burnt into the rock:

www.rense.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
thats from the rover. not sure exactly what, but i know they are supposed to be able to drill or cut into rock to get an analysis of the rocks material composition.
heres the step by step process.

link

and the rock before: link

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Interesting. Could be something. Could be natural. I know some are going to argue that it is too perfect looking to be natural, but damnit, the planets are friggin orbs so dont tell me circles cant occur naturally
Also that discoloration could also be natural...would I be wrong there? Now dont get me wrong it is very interesting indeed, but I am neither a scientist or a geologist nor have I been to other planets to know enough to make an argument one way or the other.

RR

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dunkleskates
thats from the rover. not sure exactly what, but i know they are supposed to be able to drill or cut into rock to get an analysis of the rocks material composition.
heres the step by step process.

link

and the rock before: link

Ahh that clears things up, thanks dunkleskates! I was thinking it may have been done by the Rover due to the proximity but wasn't sure.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Bwahaha. That made my day.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure thats nothing, it just looks like an ordinary circle.
Just like the other posts that claimned to have odd looking scratches on the rocks, I dont think it anything.

[Edited on 10-2-2004 by Eternal]

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
ROFL...

THE ROVER MADE THAT MARK!!!

That IS unnatural. It was made by humans via a remote machine...

Er, i mean, nothing to see here, move along. *hides the secret alien circle from view*

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
yeah the rover did it .. its a mark from one of the tools on the rover's arm i belive its the rock abrasion tool they use

its on this page scroll down just alittle
marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

and a close up
marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

[Edited on 10-2-2004 by CanadaCANfight]

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheThinker
Interesting. Could be something. Could be natural. I know some are going to argue that it is too perfect looking to be natural, but damnit, the planets are friggin orbs so dont tell me circles cant occur naturally
Also that discoloration could also be natural...would I be wrong there? Now dont get me wrong it is very interesting indeed, but I am neither a scientist or a geologist nor have I been to other planets to know enough to make an argument one way or the other.

It looks to me that this specfic rock was emerged in water at one time. That might account for the discoloration and the tiny holes that we see. Maybe a lake, river or ocean. Once they make final tests on that rock they will be able to tell.

Isn't this what they are looking for, water in rocks? Well the water won't be there but they can tell by specfic elements and the tests they will run.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Lmao! The science teacher was talking to us about that. Man! Do some friggin research before saying..."OMAHFLIPPENGAWD DAH SKAH ID FALLEN WIT DAH BIG HOLE-ED WOCKS!!!!" *SCREAMS* (erg that wasn't pointed at you, person who started this thread... it was for the stupid website... some people ya know....
nothing better to do with thier lives.... they should join the NWO to take over the world... they seem like a bunch of crackpots too. They'll probably come and threaten to take my life with mutant cheese gods for saying that...
) Mwe-he-he-ha-ha! the ikkle green men are drilling holes in the rock to store thier nuc bombs! Mwa-ha-ha!!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Ahh good old Jeff, made me spill my coffee this time

(Once again we see the amazing uncharted depths of rense.com research).

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
You know I thought it was done by the Rover too, I mean I wanted to believe that right...

but then I starts lookin' at the rock, see and it looks a bit too much like a pyramid and then that circle is like in the middle of one side and it starts lookin' like an eye and...

can you imagine an eye in a pyramid? who would do that?

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
hmmmmm.....if the rover can do that to a rock....what could it do to human skin? *evil grin*

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
You know I thought it was done by the Rover too, I mean I wanted to believe that right...

but then I starts lookin' at the rock, see and it looks a bit too much like a pyramid and then that circle is like in the middle of one side and it starts lookin' like an eye and...

can you imagine an eye in a pyramid? who would do that?

you're joking right?

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
nice find........you would think if space debris had hit that rock that it would have cracked or something. It looks as if someone took a torch to it.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
oh jeez, can we kill this topic already!!!!

THE ROVER DID IT!!!! IT WAS TAKING SAMPLES OF THE ROCK!!

this is embarrassing crazy people like me who actually believe there is more going on Mars.

But trust me this is not it!!! go to NASA look at the images, you'll see what the rover did to the rock.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
thats from the landers rock abrasion tool. its like a blender used to scrape rocks

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I think that some aliens got a hold of a blowtorch.

Heh.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Nope...sorry...you're all wrong...

This is a Reptillian Beer coaster, created by the Reptillian aliens on Mars for the Super Bowl. All they wanted to do is to get drunk, and see the Super Bowl half time show...

The Reptillian aliens love Janet, and all they wanted was to see her boob...

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Why did Rense post this?

Is it a form of self-mockery? In other words is James Neff (the webmaster) making a joke about the kind of people who read the website?

Is Neff not paying attention to the current Mars missions, and some sincere moron emailed this to him?

Is someone trying to make Rense look foolish?

[Edited on 11-2-2004 by Condorcet]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join