It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My philosophy/views on Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Life, its the least talked about topic, but its the most thought about or wandered topic ever.

We live, we die, we grow, we cry, we learn, we fight, we earn, we yearn, some kill, some steal, some grow old, and some are born, some feel torn, and some feel happy, some feel anger, some feel pain, some have hard lives, some have it easy, some are greedy while, others are needy.

When you are born into this world, you have no idea what lies before your path. But you have to make the right decisions, and you will over time after learning from all the wrong decisions you have made. You will fall, you will rise, and repeat it over again.

Things that you don't want to happen, will happen. The unthinkable will happen. So be prepared. Learn from the way you think. We all know right from wrong.

I have felt anger, pain, love, hate, depression, not having feelings toward anything. I have felt alot of things, and I have learned alot of things. I have been used, abused, cheated, hated, loved, abandoned, lied to, and cheated on. But I can not, and will not let it bring me down.

I have grown up with a very angry father, who drinks all the time, and abused my mother, cheated on my mother. But instead of taking after him, I learned from him, of not what to do to my family in the future. He has mentally abused me and my family all of our lives, but not anymore. He has hit me a couple of times. He knows he has done wrong. I know he has done wrong. But I have let it go, I don't care about it anymore.

I take what has happened to me as a learning experience. Did I want this to happen? No. But it had to happen to show me how to rise above him. To not do the things that he did, nor make the mistakes that he did.

You will have to deal with things, even things you want even know how to deal with, but you might not think its good, but it is.

What you do now, will affect tomorrow, and the rest of your life. The only easy day was yesterday. The pain you feel is stress leaving your body.

There will be questions that will be un answerable in this life time. But maybe answerable in another lifetime.

If we learn to face all of our fears now in this life time, we will be a higher being in another life time.

Whether we all like it or not, things happen for a reason. When you realize that, is when you will have a better life.

There are things I wished that I have done a long time ago, and now I realize I am fixing to be 21, and I still have time.

So anyone that is reading this, take heed of my words please, if your in a bad situation, think and act now, because if you don't, tomorrow may not come.

If you fall, get up. Get up now. And don't walk, run. Get there now. Don't wate, don't hesitate.

Starting right now, Today is the fist day of the rest of your life. What are you going to do?

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jca2005

Life is very similar in some ways for a lot of people. Still, everyone has to walk the path alone to figure out how to live life. There is no instruction book.

It is true, that what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

Your life hasn't been ideal, and you have done a great job by your description, of picking yourself up, dusting yourself off, learning from it, and moving forward, and you are still very young.

With all that said, keep up the good work.

Letting things go, is very important. As you age, you will also find that forgiveness will have to be worked into some of the situations you described. At least for me, it is one of the hardest lessons I have ever had to learn.

edit for spelling

[edit on 3-1-2008 by Enthralled Fan]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Yes you are right. Whether we like it or not, you have to forgive everyone that has ever done you wrong. You have to forgive them. If you don't they will hold it over your head. Don't let them do it. And don't forgive them for that reason either.

Love them. You might not understand as to why now. But you will later. I understand now. It takes time to forgive people but you have to. Tell them, thank you for how you have done me wrong, because it made me stronger and a lesson I have learned.

[edit on 3-1-2008 by jca2005]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I have learned growing up to not take anyone's crap. If anyone teases you, or messes with you, the easiest thing is to walk away or ignore them, and to not take it personally and let it go. Because if you learn to do that at an early age, then you will be better throughout life and you will get far. I wished I had learned that sooner. If the person tries to come at you with violence or verbal abuse try to walk away from them. If not stand up to them. If you do it well enough they will back down. Do not try and fight, because it will not get you anywhere.

Be patient about things. Do not rush anything. You can build up a lot of anger and emotional stress by doing this. Just be patient and wait. That's all you can do. Learning that at an early age can get you far.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Treat people how you want to be treated. Be a good person. Do not think negative. Risk your life to save another person. This is what I live by. That's what makes me a good person.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Do not assume everything. If you do it makes an ass out of you and me
. ASS-U-ME.

top topics

join