Interesting and from this site : www.armytimes.com...
here are the reprocussions (take from armytimes.com):
Bonus programs affected by the impasse are targeted at officers and enlisted soldiers of the active and reserve components. Specifically they are:
Bonuses and special pays for the active component
• Special pay for career aviation officers who extend their active duty service
• Re-enlistment bonuses
• Enlistment bonuses
• Retention incentives for soldiers qualified in critical military skills or assigned to high priority units
• Accession bonuses for officers in critical skills
• Reclassification bonuses to ease personnel shortages in selected specialties
• Accession bonuses for officer candidates
• Army enlistment referral bonuses
Bonuses and special pays for reserve forces
• Special pay for Selected Reserve health care professionals in critically short-handed wartime specialties
• Re-enlistment bonuses for members of the Selected Reserve.
• Bonuses for affiliation or enlistment in the Selected Reserve
• Bonus affiliation for enlistment in the Selected Reserve
• Special pay for members of the Selected Reserve who are assigned to high priority units.
• Bonuses for enlistment in elements of the Ready Reserve other than the Selected Reserve.
• Prior service enlistment bonuses
• Repayment of education loans for certain health professionals who serve in the Selected Reserve.
Health professionals on active duty
• The Nurse Corps Officer Candidate Program
• Accession bonuses for registered nurses
• Special pay for nurse anesthetists
• Accession bonuses for dental officers
• Accession bonuses for pharmacy officers
• Accession bonuses for medical officers in critically short-handed wartime specialties
• Accession bonuses for dental specialist officers in critically short-handed wartime specialties