It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iowa Caucus results~!~

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Results will be coming in shortly.
This is one of the best sites to follow the results as they come in by county.

www.politico.com...

The results update automatically.

apc

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Interesting photo selection. Not only in regards to the expressions, but half of the Democrats have microphones. I think they were going for a confident, intellectual look for Hillary. But they got constipated instead.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Wow, I am watching CNN and these are not the #s they have been showing.
I cannot believe with all of the hype about Guiliani and his campaign being pretty much run for him by the MSM that his #s are so dismal.
CNN has already announced their predictions of Obama/Huckabee and did so with only 40% reporting looks like they were right.
I hope RPs #s get higher but I am very thankful that Clinton did not come in 1st, very very thankful, so that is something and gives me a little bit more hope for a brighter future

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Even better Hillary is now in 3rd place and Obama is up 7%.
Now I am Mr. Pauls girl but seeing Hillary in 3rd has made me very happy.
Woo Hoo!

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

Originally posted by SEEWHATUDO
Wow, I am watching CNN and these are not the #s they have been showing.
I cannot believe with all of the hype about Guiliani and his campaign being pretty much run for him by the MSM that his #s are so dismal.

Well, Giuliani pretty much abandoned Iowa in favor of a much greater prize, Florida. While the other candidates have been freezing their tushes off in Des Moines, Rudy has been enjoying the warmth of the Sunshine State. He will have a much stronger showing in NH next week.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Guilliani may have indeed given up Iowa, but he should have shown much, much better than he did. For a candidate with supposed national appeal, his number were abyssmal.

Obama and Edwards, eh? Hillary a distant third with a thud. Not what I was expecting, thank god... So much for the supposed coronation. Now it gets nasty...

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I'm in shock.

I can't believe 39% of dems in Iowa are dumb enough to vote for Obama.
Last night they earned the old joke -

I = Idiots
O = Out
W = Wandering
A = Around

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Just curious FlyersFan,

For which candidate would you have liked to see them cast their votes?

Becker

[edit on 4-1-2008 by Becker44]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Obama's win in Iowa shows his appeal goes way beyond just the African American vote. He did especially well among young voters, 18-25. Clinton has strong support among the baby boomers, though, so we shall see.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becker44
For which candidate would you have liked to see them cast their votes?

In the exact opposite order than they did.

DEMS - Richardson is by far the most experienced and best suited to handle the job. He has MOUNTAINS of international experience. He understands international pollitics and border issues, as well as the issues that are important to running his state (N.M) and this country. He understands how the political process in this country - and internationally - works and thus could get things done.

REPUBLICANS - McCain has the experience and understanding on how to do the job - w/o the far right 'God wants me' rhetoric. He, also, has tons of international experience and understands all the issues very well. He has proven that his country means more to him then himself .. then his own life even. He also understands the political process - both in this country and internationally.

Huckabee scares me. He flat out can't do the job and it's a FAR right religious take over in the making. He's a S. Baptist preacher and subscribes to the bible as absolute truth. I don't think anyone who is dumb enough to think that humans have only been around for 6,000 years should be in the White House.

Obama has NO experience and has shown that he doesn't understand international politics. His 'blame whitey for everything' church is racist and beyond frightening in itself. (if a white candidate subscribed to a white-power church then everyone of color would be up in arms - and rightfully so - so why does Obama get the pass on this? It's not right!)

Obama's blame whitey church - and yes, he has been seen many times sitting in the pews there, nodding his head as the 'reverend' blames the white man for everything wrong on the planet. (the same 'reverend' that goes off to visit Kaddafi in Libya :shk: )

[edit on 1/4/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I am impressed with your synopsis of the candidates.

I'd like your thoughts on Romney. I may speculate the religious beliefs of this man may not be to your liking either.

Becker

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becker44
I'd like your thoughts on Romney.

Nice guy. Not anal in his bible beliefs (in other words - appreciates faith AND science). Has experience and could do the job. However, he has a problem with flip-flopping. Not nearly as bad as Kerry, and everyone has a right to change their minds, but that is a bit of an issue for him.

If a person wants to cast a 'conservative values vote' then Romney or McCain would be the ones to consider. *(yes, even though McCain did commit adultry in his younger years). McCain has proven he values his country over his own ambitions. He proved it in Vietnam (read 'Faith of my Fathers) and he proved it again when he declined John Kerry's request to have him as VP in 2004. McCain has principles.

Of the two - Romney or McCain - McCain is the one with more experience and has better international political savy. (consider the committees he's been on over the years). But either one could do the job.

[edit on 1/4/2008 by FlyersFan]

new topics

top topics

join