It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where's my 500 points?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I've been wondering why I don't see a 4,100+ point total in my ATS points.

I received applause(
)
from Springer on a thread concerning the behavior or ATS members and then I got a U2U and it said he awarded me 500 points. I was very happy when I got the message (yeah 500 extra points
), but the problem is, I don't it added to my pints total.

Can anyone explain this to me, because I know I had a little 3,600 points before I received the applause, but shouldn't I see a 4,100 now??

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Monsterenergy791

Like me, you might of got in some trouble with a moderator and therefore demote you in a sense where all your validity is POOF! gone with the wind

Dont worry so much about the points as much as what ATS is for

theres no conspiracy here

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

No, I've never got in trouble with a moderator: never been warned or deducted points and I never say anything to make a person angry or annoyed. And I don't write one liners either, which I know ticks of the mods.

I want these 500 points because I want to get 5000 points total and hope to see what the R.A.T.S. forum is like.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I'm collecting to points to buy a new toaster i can plug in and take into the bath with me... or maybe a one way flight to earth, either way they better not rip me off!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by never_tell

I checked your profile and it says you received 1 applause.

Did you get your 250 (or 500) points added to your total points?

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   

no idea... i do remember getting 1000 or so from a post at the pts board months ago... i try not to check on those things... my financial advisor always said it was best just to let the "money" stay there and grow slowly... he'd say, "if you open the door of the oven every 2 minutes to check on the pizza, it will never cook".... man, i need that toaster bad!

[edit on 3-1-2008 by never_tell]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I havent read what the points system actually does for you, but its exciting to hear that there are other forums that you will be a part of once you reach a certain number. Hopefully it works out for you and you are able to get to the place that you so much desire!

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeff Riff

ya, once you're a big point earner, they give you the secrets to the universe and a key to the executive washroom!

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by never_tell

ya, once you're a big point earner, they give you the secrets to the universe and a key to the executive washroom!

I have negative points but I still got the key to the washroom only cause after hours Im the one cleaning it

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
here! I found your points! Grab them now:
500 points

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by never_tell

I don't know how good the R.A.T.S. forum is because I've never been there and can't until I have enough points, but it better be worth it because attain 5,000 points is a heck of a job to do!

Posting breaking news is the easiest way to get points, but if it's not really interesting or shocking news, not many will comment on your thread. I wish I could be the one to first post a major news event, then I'd be set.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
here! I found your points! Grab them now:
500 points

LOL

I wish I could just grab them!

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
i cant imagine RATS being that great, if it's only limited to people who spend all their time on ATS accumulating points.

I happen to think that people not addicted to ATS may have things just as interesting and important to say as everyone else. Then again, I can be naive.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

I somtimes do spend most of my day (or the most I can) on ATS, but only on weekends.

Because I have high school during the week. For me, it's a little harder accumulating points 'cause I have homework and sports, but I'm still upset at why my ATS point total is not over 4000 yet. It should be about 4,200 with an added 500, but it isn't there.

Can Springer or someone please give me answer?

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

When I first started my adventure on ATS I didn't realize how important points are to some members. I did want the required points needed to get into chat. I have more than enough for that but have yet to enter that hallowed ground.

I really haven't checked out the point system and the rewards but will do so tonight.

Hope you find your points.

Dizzie

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   

If it makes you feel any better you can have all my points. I tried using them at Wal Mart but they said they wouldn't take them, therefore they are worthless to me.

Mods is there anything you can do to get rid of these POINTLESS threads?

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
looks like you have well over 7,000 now. quite a big jump. glad to see everything worked out for you

P.S. Let me know if there is any interesting topics in RATS

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Roland Deschain

I took the opportunity to test buttons that I haven't used before. I got it wrong but learned a lot.

Sorry Roland, seems I inadvertently banned you.

Just kidding.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
How many points do we need to enter this secret place?

Not a one liner.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Hey while you're at it, where's that 1000 pts
I was promised last year?

Remember that time when I earned widespread applause
for saying that thing about that guy who posted
in that thread about the big story which everyone was talking about
which had such an impact, yeah that's one.

No panic whenever you get a chance mods.

[edit on 3-1-2008 by pmexplorer]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join