It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a thought (literally...)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Ok, I have an interesting confession to make to anyone willing to listen (and not mock me, if so, please leave)

Some months ago, I had seen an article that said that an ad agency advertising the new show "The Paranormal" was using some form of technology that basically transfers messages into your brain. Talk about breaking privacy.

I'm mentioning this for this reason. some months back way before I even read this article. I've been having shall we say, interesting dreams.

Basically my dream would start out just as any "normal" dream would start out. Then in the middle of it, it would become abruptly interrupted y another image and another voice (the same voice by the way). Then once the image was over, the dream I was in previously would continue.

Now granted, this can all be chalked down to minor paranoia and it really is nothing to worry about (and I definetely hope it is). But there were a couple of things that struck me as odd about it. The first being that the image quality was vastly different from that of a dream. In other words, it looked very... digital, artificial. Do you know how you see those silly images on the net? The ones were someone for example, photoshops a head from one picture and pastes it on to another? let me give you a visual example.

See you can obviously tell that this is a poorly blended digital image. This is kind of the quality in which this image portrayed itself in my dream. Extremely crisp in quality, but you could obviously tell it didn't belong.

The second thing that bugged me was that rather than playing along with the dream, the voice seemed very demanding, telling me things I knew for a fact were flat out lies. But the voice kept egging me on into believing the opposite. The voice also seemed just too damn fake, too digital.

Yes, all of this can be chalked up to me simply over analyzing a simple dream. But I tell ya, I felt very squeamish when I woke up. Something just didn't quite feel right about it. Do I believe it was trying to control my mind? hardly since if that were really the case, it did a poor job of it. I will say that when I read the article of the advert using brain wave technology it made me feel very uneasy and wonder how long until the govt. decides to use it against us.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Question

Hi Question,

My first attempt at meditation resulted in this posting, this was an awaking dream moment though, but I kind of understand your uneasiness feeling at something feeling like it does not belong in the picture and I'm still waiting for a response from Worldwatcher as to whether or not this could be considered a small startup at meditation:

www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=gwhint

Anyone else care to respond, gwhint

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gwhint

well I certainly hope that whatever this image was, wasn't one of the spirit guides mentioned on your link. Why? it was downright vicious. I can't say more than that.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Question

That would be a perfectly natural reaction to, say, a radio or some noisy conversation (or other noises) nearby. I know it's happened to me, several times. For example, a car with the radio on would stop briefly below the windows of the room where I was sleeping. I was aware of the disturbance, but not enough to wake up completely, so the words and music (from the real-life radio in the car) I was hearing in my sleep were translated into intruding dream images.
The same happened many times when my radio alarm clock (hate it!) went off, but I was too sleepy to really wake up.

Just a thought. ; )

[edit on 3-1-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Here is a link to my thread discussing this whole concept. Check it out, maybe you can get some insight from everyone's thoughts.

Hear voices? It may be an ad

top topics

join