It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So rare?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I watched something on the History Channel, a few weeks ago actually, about the following statement:
"The characteristics (not quite physical) of the human race could quite possibly be rare"

Well, the Universe. Who knows if it ends? Maybe its ever expanding...the human race's thoughts, nervous system, and feelings...could the truly be one of a kind? Obviously there is life on other planets, I mean how can 1 planet develop life while others cannot? There is the problem. We only know 1 Earth-like planet (article found at link section below), and we cant deduct if Earth's qualities are rare. I mean just our orbit is sometime very different from other planets. So we cant quite deduct anything right now. But are there similar extra-terrestials? I may sound like I'm repeating myself but we cant be sure if Earth is a freak in the Universe. I could discuss this further but I would like to hear you opinion on any of the things I've discussed.

Links

Article on Earth-like Planet: www.dailymail.co.uk...

SETI- The group that looks for Extraterrestrial Intelligence: www.seti.org...

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamWest

you can say that about alot of species though, not just humans

praying mantis have characteristics rare to other insects

there are alot of rarities out there and things that cannot be explained into a paragraph or let alone in a lifetime

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
there is a possibility that our positioning to the sun is in relation to our ability to create and support life, but that could just be for our race. maybe solar systems are like how we think of planets in sci-fi movies. not a dominant race for each planet, but for each solar system. plus, the type of star a solar system is set around may be the key to how life develops in the solar systems, for example; life span, type of species, planet location, behavior, even intelligence. the sun does effect us all.

join