It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To those who don't believe I exist

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

A lot of the miracles were only know about by Jesus' closest friends. They're the only ones who saw him walk on water, and only they knew that he had turned the water into wine. Jesus often told those he performed miracles for to tell no one. Even if they did few would believe them. Think about it. If someone you worked with said his buddy walked on water you'd think he was pulling your leg. Then after Jesus died, people quickly forgot about him. They all forgot about him, except for the ones that saw him after his death. Remarkably, their testimony of Jesus only grew stronger afterwords. Why? What did they (Matthew, John, etc) gain from their increased testimony? Not power, or money. Mainly it brought them hardship, persecution, and death. They continued because they believed in their own words and what they personally saw.

As far as not having any contemporary writings about him, do Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John not count? So you're saying that we should discount their writings simply because they believed him? Should we discount a novel Bill Clinton writes about Hillary simply because he likes her? That doesn't make sense. We know Clements of Rome spoke often of Paul, and Paul spoke of Jesus and his apostles. These people are historical and factual.

Face it, even after his death, Jesus reputation only grew and grew till it eventually conquered all of the Roman Empire. That's quite a feat for an imaginary person. I challenge you and 12 of your closest friends to make up an imaginary person that influences the entire world. You discount the writings of Jesus' closest friends and companions simply because they are in the Bible. That's called throwing the baby out with the bath water. What more proof do you want? Pictures? A youtube link?

I'd say that thousands of pages of writings is quite a bit of proof. We know for a fact that these writings are old and some fragments are dated to the first century. The portion we call the Old Testament is preserved in portions that date back to the first century B.C.E.

Lastly, don't you think that the Roman's destruction of Jerusalem had something to do with a lack of original documents? Papyrus doesn't usually survive after the city is burned to the ground. Any court documents pertaining to Jesus or other accounts were most likely lost when the Romans sacked Jerusalem in 70 A.D.

[edit on 4-1-2008 by dbates]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
Are we worthy, really worthy of having God speak to us?
Or are we putting ourselves in a position as Lucifer did?
Wanted to be in place of God?

Picture an area of country and main road/route going through this land.

There's a bakery providing bread to any man who is hungry and cares to eat.

This bakery as it's only way of advertising has chosen to send workers out from it. With small amounts of bread to the roadside.

The workers then advertise with these small pieces of bread, and if the passers by are interested they may have a taste.

The genuine sent workers will point those who receive the bread to the bakery. That's how the bread business works.

The fraudulent workers keep you following and dependent on them for bread, rather than sending you to the source. They starve you to death, and eventually those who follow them die.

If a worker dances around and parades himself, saying "follow me for bread". Rather than sending them away to the bread of life himself. That's a false worker.

This worker here can say for sure that he is worthy of nothing but a lake of fire. However this particular man one day was traveling along the road, and was given a bite of the bread of life. He then went to the bakery.

Now he's simply standing along the road attempting to return the favor to anyone interested.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
reply to post by Shawn B.

Hi Shawn B/
Spiritual food is Prayer!
'Man does not live by bread alone'......and this is not the same as what the media potrays!
Fasting was a practise of the Old Testament people and prophets....it is also a practise in the New Testament Church.....all who are Christians are to fast and use prayer.
Christ fasted..
The Apostles did this as well..
It began in the Garden of Eden......DO NOT EAT.
But they ate.....................it was a Commandement of God, but Adam and Eve failed.
So, fasting and prayer is part of being a Christian....Fasting in all matters of the FLESH!
In order for man to be reconciled to God.....God took Flesh and became man.
“And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us,” (John 1:14

The quote I put says that Jesus came eating and drinking.
Here's another:
Mark 2:18
John's disciples and the Pharisees were fasting; and they came and said to Him, "Why do John's disciples and the disciples of the Pharisees fast, but Your disciples do not fast?"

It says they didn't.

Are we worthy, really worthy of having God speak to us?

That's silly, God speaks to us all, but that doesn't mean all understand notice or hear it.

God hears prayer......this does not mean He converses with you!

Yes it does. If I speak with my mouth to a deaf person that doesn't mean they still can't hear me.

The Original Post says.....To those who don't know I exist.
''I''
Who is ''I''?

helen

Okay so I guess when Moses said I am he really meant him then by your lodgic.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CROSSBONES

I have read your post and have decided that I will take you up on your offer. You said if someone asks for proof you will provide. Alright then, I ask for proof. I await your reply.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Thanks, dbates for dispelling that misconception about wisesheep and crossbones being the same poster.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
For anyone who cares, I can't really give a good summary of this video other than to say. Just watch it.

It's a very good explanation of what's taking place here.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CROSSBONES
Who am I? I have been described many ways and have several different titles, I am known as Jesus, but my name was pronounced Yesh-u-wa similer to Joshua in the day I lived. I am also described as the Son of Man and I have a challenge especially for those who do not believe I exist.

What about those of us who say: IMPOSTER!

???

Another sad but true fact is there are a great many who believe in my name but have not known me, which is the subject of Matthew chapter 7:21-23. Those that are invited to what is known as the marrige supper of the lamb, are those who know me, and I them, personally.

BUT I do know you...and that's NOT you!

I also know because Jesus uses spell-check and also because he does NOT seek HIS own glory but that of the Father.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
What about those of us who say: IMPOSTER!

If an impostor cries impostor, does that then spare his own head from the wrath that abides on it?

SR

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
If anything this thread just shows how easy it is to manipulate people who are desperate for their faith to be given a ounce of legitamacy as the usual tactic of catch 22 show me yours and i'll show you mine has managed to keep a stalemate on the ideas of religion being completely ignored so far.

If this is the best that can be thought up then it just shows how mallable and easy to manipulate religion really is. Zarathursta and the FSM have as much creditability then.

I mean in the future whats their to stop people believing in a book i could write in a month depicting that i was spoken to by 'God' in a cave like the Qur'an loool and then take the core message that appears in the Torah, Bible, Qur'an and Buddha's teachings and as all the other authors of the following did add my own personal bias and interolrances.

I mean 2000 years in the future no one will be able to say i did not do the things i did or depict in the book because they where not there also they cannot say i invented that god spoke to me because they where not their either i mean seriously your all welcome to your beliefs and faith but the failing circular logic is so evident.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I also know because Jesus uses spell-check and also because he does NOT seek HIS own glory but that of the Father.

Except when the bible says he said the only way to get to the father(God isn't just male or female, but both) is through him?

[edit on 5-1-2008 by Shawn B.]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shawn B.
Except when the bible says he said the only way to get to the father(God isn't just male or female, but both) is through him?

I don't see that as seeking glory; merely as stating a fact. The fact being that Christ is a solitary instrument.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I don't see that as seeking glory; merely as stating a fact. The fact being that Christ is a solitary instrument.

Jesus or Christ?

What is Christ?

Was Jesus always Christ or did Jesus find Christ?

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I don't see any way to prove definitively whether or not Jesus existed, and I don't think it's important to this thread.

However, there are hundreds if not thousands of people who have declared that they are Jesus, and most of them are either confined while undergoing therapy or taking antipsychotic medication. I won't say that Crossbones fits these classes of people, but I don't see any evidence differentiating him from them.

What fascinates me is that everyone here, if told about someone who was institutionalized for claiming he was Jesus, would say something like, "Poor guy. I hope he gets better." Probably no one would say, "What, they've got Jesus locked up? That's terrible. We should march on that place and free him."

Based on this, why are so many of those same people who happen to be here are accepting what Crossbones declares? Very strange.

Occam

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Hot title. I dreamed you'd write it, just like I dream you all.

-GOD

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Hello, Jesus, welcome to ATS.

Incidentally, I'm the spirit of Mohammed, possessing Samurai Drifter.

PIE FIGHT!

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SamuraiDrifter

i saw this and absolutely couldn't resist!!!!

Yaeeeee!!!

A pie fight!

Will there be coconut cream pie involved?

if so, i must really stop in the midst to taste such delight!

Thank you for such a beautiful thought today. It is much fun to have fun like children.

LOVE ALWAYS!

(Not posting anything accept everyday stuff, so i do believe this is ok. Yes God? Please?
i have so much fun in life in the midst of everything! And i have a free moment right now, sitting in a beautiful place just waiting.)

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Yes it's okay.

*throws pie*

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Shawn B.

Ooooohhhhh...

i believe it is your turn!

Big Smiles and giggles! There is lots of whip cream on it too!

All efforts enforce:

THROW and RUN!

i've gotta a plane to catch!

Love Always

p.s. How does that one taste???

hmmmmm... song of the day: Celine Dion "Thats the way it is"... look it up.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join