It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To those who don't believe I exist

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

Bert, it's like reading an extract from some bad David Eddings novel:

"Only when you seek the trueness of The One will you find that it lies in the greatness of the many"

WTF.

:shk:

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CROSSBONES

I don't know what drugs you are taking, but they must be REAL good.

With I am Jesus BS, try moving over to glp-there you will feel at home.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by WiseSheep

Just tell it to me straight, I'm a big boy.
At least then I might be able to enter into some meaningful dialogue with you without having to waste my time trying to decipher your cryptic postings!

As for talking to Jesus, would do mate but he's been dead for about 2000years now, even if he did or did not die on the cross.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Just tell it to me straight, I'm a big boy.
At least then I might be able to enter into some meaningful dialogue with you without having to waste my time trying to decipher your cryptic postings!

There's nothing to decipher.

Originally posted by Freeborn
As for talking to Jesus, would do mate but he's been dead for about 2000years now, even if he did or did not die on the cross.

But if a hand or a foot is alive, surely it's attached to the head!

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by WiseSheep

What? Hands and feet attached to heads?:shk:

I give up, you win, I really can't be bothered with this.

Just speak, plain, everyday English man and cut out the cryptic nonsense.
I'm sure then you'll have a much better chance of getting across any message that you may have.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
It is possible that the spirit of prophesy has entered Crossbones. He could very well be writing under inspiration. I am sure Crossbones believes this. This sort of thing is not unusual, at all. I have witnessed plenty of prophesy spoken by people who were moved by the Holy Spirit. And usually it is spoken in the name of someone else. It is kind of like they are channelling someone. I do not recomend it to just anyone. And I do not think anyone can keep it up for very long.

[edit on 3-1-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Wise Sheep -
"All the flesh can see is one body. Yet fails to see it's many members. "

Big Smile! Understanding is such a beautiful thing.

CROSSBONES - Thank you so kindly for taking over, just when i needed you to. Not many people i know would use the words "What have you to lose?". Deep gratitude and appreciation. And Thank You for challenging people to ask for proof of existence.

May i go back to the procurement of the message and my obligations? i do promise this will be my last post as it seems the spirit has testified it is time, as there is much work to do. And i have received warning that it is time, in which i will gladly adhere to...

just wanted to say thank you!

love always

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
It is possible that the spirit of prophesy has entered Crossbones. He could very well be writing under inspiration. I am sure Crossbones believes this. This sort of thing is not unusual, at all. I have witnessed plenty of prophesy spoken by people who were moved by the Holy Spirit. And usually it is spoken in the name of someone else. It is kind of like they are channelling someone. I do not recomend it to just anyone. And I do not think anyone can keep it up for very long.

[edit on 3-1-2008 by jmdewey60]

Hi jmdewey60/

You are correct in saying that this kind of thing is happening frequently.....

I am sure Crossbones believes this. This sort of thing is not unusual, at all. I have witnessed plenty of prophesy spoken by people who were moved by the Holy Spirit.

But, sadly this is NOT the Holy Spirit talking!
This kind of thing was indeed prophesied by Jesus Christ and also the Early Fathers.
...........From it carnal people enter into rapture from a delight and intoxication attained without difficulty, without self-renunciation, without repentance, without crucifixion of the flesh with its passions and desires (Gal. 5:24)
'Gifts' Of God are given 'freely' and not distributed to everyone asking for it......life in prayer and fasting and an ascetic life is needed....humbleness and not boastfull of ones self.
I can tell you in honesty, that todays world has more 'boasting and proud' people rather then 'Humble, prayerful and fasting' people

"When the Son of man cometh, shall He find faith on the earth?" (Luke 18:8)
This just proves that there will not be many in the true faith.....
and with no belief in God but oneself......"Thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked" (Apoc. 3:17)

"Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is the Christ, or there; believe it not. For there shall arise false Christs,
and false prophets, and shall show signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect. Behold I have told you beforehand.
If therefore they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the wilderness, go not forth; Behold, he is in the inner chambers, believe it not.
For as the lightning cometh forth from the east,
and is seen even unto the west,
so shall be the coming of the Son of man" (Matt. 24:23-27).

The Second Coming of Christ will be unmistakable: it will be sudden, from heaven (Acts 1:11)

helen

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
As the OP states, it's an inspiration. Is it the enemy playing games? If it is, he's shooting himself in the foot.

The message is true. The writer isn't seeking his own.

If a man seeks the LORD with a pure motive, he'll find him, he will make himself known to him. I'm living proof. It's the only reason I'm here doing what I do. There's nothing whatsoever in this place for my personal gain. Not anymore anyway.

I can't condemn the OP. Or the "Auther" for that matter.

The LORD knows the matter. Let the LORD be true and every man a liar, in any case.

If any man preach him and a close relationship with him and only him alone. What's there to condemn?

A lake of fire is the only other eternal option for those he doesn't know and don't know him. It's a serious matter and if any have a drop of life left in them, they better strengthen that which remains.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Hey Jesus, I know you said you've gone by a lot of different names and stuff, but damn. Can you explain this to me? The truth shall be revealed to all ye who enter here.

[edit on 1/3/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen670

But, sadly this is NOT the Holy Spirit talking!

I can tell you in honesty, that todays world has more 'boasting and proud' people rather then 'Humble, prayerful and fasting' people

The Holy Spirit is pure goodness, so how can you say that someone speaking in pure goodness isn't speaking with the Holy Spirit. So far I haven't seen the OP say anything bad. What kind of fasting are you talking about? Is it food?

Matthew 11:18-19 - For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, ‘He has a demon.’ The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Look, a glutton and a winebibber, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!’ But wisdom is justified by her children

[edit on 3-1-2008 by Shawn B.]

[edit on 3-1-2008 by Shawn B.]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Shawn B.

Hi Shawn B/
Spiritual food is Prayer!
'Man does not live by bread alone'......and this is not the same as what the media potrays!
Fasting was a practise of the Old Testament people and prophets....it is also a practise in the New Testament Church.....all who are Christians are to fast and use prayer.
Christ fasted..
The Apostles did this as well..
It began in the Garden of Eden......DO NOT EAT.
But they ate.....................it was a Commandement of God, but Adam and Eve failed.
So, fasting and prayer is part of being a Christian....Fasting in all matters of the FLESH!
In order for man to be reconciled to God.....God took Flesh and became man.
“And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us,” (John 1:14

Are we worthy, really worthy of having God speak to us?
Or are we putting ourselves in a position as Lucifer did?
Wanted to be in place of God?
How can we call ourselves worthy to have God speak to us?
One must first look at one's own life and be honest to themselves....are we worthy for the asking,when we yet have not made right with God?
God hears prayer......this does not mean He converses with you!
In the Old Testament, God spoke to very few Prophets....There have Never been Prophets claiming to be in place of God or calling themselves God.
To assume otherwise, is to say that one is 'God'

I agree, there is nothing wrong with sharing one good word with another.
But when one believes themselves to be worthy of Gods revelation and seeks outward fame(knowingly and unknowingly)one is giving themselves over to evil spirits and their deceptive ways.....and by doing this, they are
falling in a trap.

The Original Post says.....To those who don't know I exist.
''I''
Who is ''I''?

helen

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by CROSSBONES

A certain man is told that he will recieve the winning numbers to the lottery if he merely knocks on a door.

When he gets there, he knocks on the door and someone opens. He is handed a 3x5 card in which 7 Binary numbers are written.

The man takes the card and as he departs, tosses it away for the numbers meant nothing to him as they were only ones and zeros.

Would a man of non belief know a sign bestowed? And should the man be bestowed a sign and be given proof, what then?

Not a mention of The Father in the OP>.

While I cannot grasp the ways of God, Ill listen.

Peace

[edit on 4-1-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
My view of this otherwise ridiculous thread is that the OP &/or authOr is trying to make a point, get people to think, pray, read the book of Matthew, etc.

If I'm wrong in my assumption, then all I can say is that there are some seriously lonely people out there.

Also, and this is an unprofessional observation, the style of writing exhibited by crossbones is uncannily similar to that of wisesheep. Spelling is similar as well.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
There's no historical evidence for his (Jesus) existence whatsoever

You keep saying that as if it were true yet there's much proof to dispute your claim. Take this discussion on Brigham Young University's website. It's a summary of a the controversy surrounding second century scripture. There's much said about a lot of things, but to sum it up, we know that the New Testament scriptures did exist in the first century. The question is not the validity of Jesus, but the validity of the current day scriptures vs. those in the first century.

Oxford Library has a piece of parchment that has been dated to around 58 A.D. and they acknowledge that Matthew was most probably written by someone who was an eye-witness of the accounts in that book.

“A papyrus believed to be the oldest extant fragment of the New Testament has been found in the Oxford Library ... It provides the first material evidence that the Gospel according to Matthew is an eyewitness account written by contemporaries of Christ.”

-The Times, Dec 24,1994

According to Matthew's words (Matt 9:9) we know that he was involved with taxes and as a customs official was probably skilled at tachygraphy, a form of short-hand. It's very possible that he wrote some of Jesus' discussions verbatim. Further proof that Matthew was a skilled stenographer can be found by noting that Matthew is the longest of the 4 gospels due to the recordings of lengthy discourses. Take out the conversations recorded and it becomes the shortest of the 4.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Regarding fasting. Isaiah chapter 58 describes the fast that is acceptable to GOD. Any opposing instruction certainly doesn't come from him.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
Also, and this is an unprofessional observation, the style of writing exhibited by crossbones is uncannily similar to that of wisesheep.

No, they're not the same poster unless wisesheep has a personal jet and travels 1,500 miles between posts.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

Oxford Library has a piece of parchment that has been dated to around 58 A.D. and they acknowledge that Matthew was most probably written by someone who was an eye-witness of the accounts in that book.

“A papyrus believed to be the oldest extant fragment of the New Testament has been found in the Oxford Library ... It provides the first material evidence that the Gospel according to Matthew is an eyewitness account written by contemporaries of Christ.”

-The Times, Dec 24,1994

I think you will find that the Magdelen Papyrus of Matthew dating by Carston Thiede is wrong as it is done through writing styles (which don't change year by year) and has been redated to ca. 200. see here While Thiede himself in his scholarly article places the fragment closer to 100 CE.

G

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
What I would like to know is why, if there was a guy running around the area, with THOUSANDS of followers -- which would have disrupted trade and business as well as upset the Roman tax farmers -- there was NOT ONE contemporary account of Jesus.

All those miracles? Walking on water? Turning a few loaves and fishes into enough to feed a multitude? Why did not one historian from that time make mention of it? Why is all the information from people who came onto the scene decades or centuries after Jesus supposedly died?

I ask facetiously because the answer is obvious: Jesus did not exist as an individual, historically.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

There is a contemporary account by Josephus. He was a witness to the siege of Jerusalem by the Romans. He tells the story of the people inside the City who wanted to open the gates to the Romans. They brought forth a man who was the most repected person in the city to try to convence the people who wanted to continue the rebelion, to stop it. He was a former High Preist, named Jesus. Who do you think he was?

[edit on 4-1-2008 by jmdewey60]

<< 1    3 >>

join