It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who has the best Special Forces ?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Hey - I didn't insult the English or the Blackwatch - I said they were our friends. And it was nice of them to spend an extra month over in Iraq (in non combat areas) to relieve the US forces so they could go and fight the tersts in Foolujah.

So again - well done England! compared to the French you are real saints!

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by crossfire
twelve limey brits in baghdad proves nothing except they are in search of a dentist.

The French and Canadians don't have armies for reasons of cowardice. Neither do the Germans or the Japanese - TRUE!

America is the best

Are you on drugs?
America has a ride range of SF but this isnt department store shopping. I rate the Australian SAS as being better overall because they taken on roles that are performed by differnt groups of SF overseas. This dosnt take anything away from ameican SF or SF from any other nation.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
I rate the Australian SAS as being better overall because they taken on roles that are performed by differnt groups of SF overseas. This dosnt take anything away from ameican SF or SF from any other nation.

Exactly the ASAS takes on the maritime roles as well; whereas the US uses the SEALS and the Brits the SBS. The ASAS are by this standard alone are surely the best.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I would have to say in the if were being "civilised" it would have to be the british special forces.

But at getting the job done its Israiles

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
please stop referring to the black waqtch as english!! thjey are a scopttish regiment and the oldest regiment in the British army, they would be extremely offended to be called english. they are scotttish or british but NEVER english. please get this right, it is british armed forces in iraq, not just english.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Scotch eh? - didn't know - I like the Scotch too!

Will ye have a wee drink wi' me och aye the noo?

That guy from Austin powers - he's Scotch - funny guy

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   
scotch is the drink. a person from scotland is called a scot, they are not scotch they are scottish. i say they i really mean we. and by the way having been born and brought up in the highlands of scotland i have NRVER heard any one say "och aye the noo" but hey everyones got a stereotype, at leats ours isnt as bad as the american one. sbs for best sf by the way.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
No problem Jimmy - we are all friends - hands across the water etc etc

BTW - What's that hairy thing on the front of those skirts you wear called?

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Hey - I didn't insult the English or the Blackwatch - I said they were our friends. And it was nice of them to spend an extra month over in Iraq (in non combat areas) to relieve the US forces so they could go and fight the tersts in Foolujah.

So again - well done England! compared to the French you are real saints!

firstly as was stated you called me and black watch english i take that as an insult.
non combat area's? i dont classify bagdad as non-combat.
compared to the french, ha , they were kicking ass before your country came together ! i mean no insult to america but please less french slagging, i have no love for them ethier.
we would go and fight there as well as the americans but we dont have the man power and we think our troops deserve a break.
i wouldnot recomend a holiday to scotland for you.....if you stil want to go be prepared for a warm welcome....

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   

No problem Jimmy - we are all friends - hands across the water etc etc

jimmy eh? thats all rite redneck.
do everyone a favour look in an atlas and find "great britain" take a look at the countries in it.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I think you will find the Brit Prime Minster said that they were going to stay for just 30 days extra and would not be put in dangerous places. This is because the Brits (people) don't really want the army to be there at all.

The implication was clearly that the US would be attacking Falujah and they needed someone to mind the stores.

Sorry if the truth is painful - but I will repeat what the Brits are doing is far better than most others.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist

Exactly the ASAS takes on the maritime roles as well; whereas the US uses the SEALS and the Brits the SBS. The ASAS are by this standard alone are surely the best.

well one unit specifically designed for maritime roles will be better than one for both land and sea.
so the ASAS has a boat troop?

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

well one unit specifically designed for maritime roles will be better than one for both land and sea.
so the ASAS has a boat troop?

Yes, the ASAS has a unit called the OAG ( Offshore Assault Group ), task with maritime operations ie. Oil rig assault just like the SBS in the North Sea.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Yes, the ASAS has a unit called the OAG ( Offshore Assault Group ), task with maritime operations ie. Oil rig assault just like the SBS in the North Sea.

cool, must be a big unit you guys have loads of sea, like us but yours coastline is just so much bigger.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   

its a sporran, for keeping money in and suchlike. and its not a skirt its a kilt, original 15th(?) century battle dress. worn because its alot easier to run faster in that rather than armour.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpcsmith7

its a sporran, for keeping money in and suchlike. and its not a skirt its a kilt, original 15th(?) century battle dress. worn because its alot easier to run faster in that rather than armour.

thanks for picking that bit up MPC!
this guy is starting to show typical american arogance.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV
IDF Paras are good.

Hmmm, with all the the respect, the IDF Paras are not even considered to be special forces in Israel. Even their elite unit (Paras PALSAR) is considered to be much much worse than the real Israeli SF units.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
General Spetsnaz are gvery good at assasination, druglords, unconventional war, and sabatoge.

But if you want water, infiltration try only of the other Spetsnaz groups(there is no such a thing cause the Russian government told so) Other branches of Spetsnaz are for infiltration water and other stuff that are needed. But they are not really a special forces as the Russian government says they dont exist. Well then my friend just disappered.

Out,
Russian

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I belileve the Corporate special forces are the best!!! They have perks and even lear jets for their independent contractors....LOL....

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Though this is all a matter of opinion, the best special forces, proved by wargames, statistics and the like, have shown to be the Israelis and the Russians. Spetsnaz is probably the most brutal and unmerciful groups in the world - and they have never lost because of it.

The Israelis SF are elite, no doubt about it, I wouldn't like to mess with them over anything.

After that, I would probably put the SEALs, followed closely by the Australian SAS, and then the British SAS. After that I would probably follow up with the U.S. Army Rangers, and that rounds up the list.

1) Israel
2) Russia
3) U.S.
4) Australia
5) Britain
6) U.S.

-wD

btw: whats up russian long time no see

[edit on 26-10-2004 by WeBDeviL]

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>