It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's the greatest QB of all time?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
This question came about while I was watching ESPN last night.
They were debating whether or not Tom Brady could be the greatest QB ever.IMO,I think not.Superbowls are one way to decide a QBs career,but not the only.
But there have been many greats who have never had the benefit of a great team.So their Super Bowl appearences are limited.
Here are my choices for the greatest ever.
1.Dan Marino/Brett Favre

Who is your choice(s)?

Brett Favre
----------------

Dan Marino
----------------

Joe Montana
-----------------

Steve Young
-----------------

Terry Bradshaw
-------------------

Johnny Unitas
-------------------

Jim Kelly
-------------------

Warren Moon
-------------------

John Elway
--------------------

Peyton Manning
--------------------

Tom Brady
---------------

Bart Starr
---------------

Roger Staubach
--------------------

Troy Aikman
------------------

Joe Namath
----------------

[edit on 3-1-2008 by Black_Fox]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It's almost a trick question. How can you put anybody up against Tom Brady right now? Rings are the only thing that mean a thing.

I would also venture to say that Brady's done more with less aggregate talent around him than most, if not all those others you listed.

Peace

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I beg to differ.
Rings are the only thing that matters in terms of teams,teams win rings,not QBs.Afterall,are you saying Trent Dilfer is a great QB?He won a ring with the RAvens,and that was a team effort,not the play of a good QB.
A team wins a ring,not just a QB.
QBs have many other areas in which to judge greatness.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

You have to go by numbers, really. And overall ratings and balance. Given that, Brady is the best. Look at what he's accomplished at such a tender age.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
As much as I hate to say it, it got to be Tom Brady, you see, championships are everything, but on top of that now he has records.

Brady won with mediocre receivers that he make them look great, Deion Sanders anyone? Daniel Graham? The true measure of a superstar is how they get it done! Brady gets it done, no talent!? WIN! With talent?! Annihilates! That's the true mark of a great player. Jordan anyone?

Yes Brady is that good, he's is beyond football by now, we can talk about him in the same phrase as Jordan, Tiger, Ali and Ruth. He is that good!

As much as I hate him. The reason that I think people like me and others underappreciate him is because the NE Patriots and Brady are the NFL version of the San Antonio Spurs, they not flashy, they not outlandish, they just get it done, Brady gets it done.

Appreciate it while you can. I'm forcing my self to do it, so I can tell my kids and grand kids.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Since I cant edit my post any longer, I meant Deion Branch not Sanders.
Carry on!

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I've said for years that Brady is the second coming of Montana. They'll throw the ball to the waterboy if they can make a play work.

That being said, if he had been given a chance out of college Warren Moon would be a no brainer.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

Yes Brady does have championships,and a few records.
That being said,Favre has a championship,was in 2 superbowls and holds all the records.
And another thing about Favre,at this stage if his career,he is playing some of the best ball of his career,and its happening at the twilight of his career.Not many,if any,can say they got better near the end.
Time will tell if Brady is the second coming,but not just yet.
But dont get me wrong he is great,but not just yet the greatest.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Not only is Tom Brady the best QB. He is also the only one that can dump a beautiful hollywood starlet, and upgrade to a Brazilian supermodel.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Imo Tom Brady is the best. He's the leader of the Patriots, won 3 Super Bowls with little offensive talent around him, engineered plenty of come-from-behind wins, and now holds the record for most TDs in a season.

Below him I'd put Manning, Marino, and Steve Young. Young's career QB rating is tops all-time.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Megaton

What!?!?
No Favre!?!?
You must be a Cowboys fan,or maybe even a Bears fan.

:shk:

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Not a Niners fan either, he missed Montana.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

What does this have to with the subjects on this web site...seriously...

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I'm a huge Packer fan and can't believe how fortunate I am to have watched Favre play for all these years. That being said, I can't call him the best QB ever.

The most make your jaw drop I can't believe he made that throw wow did you see that play oh my God is he tough most exciting QB ever?

Yep.

Best ever? Nope. He needs a few more big game wins to qualify for that IMO. If the Pack make it to and win this Super Bowl, especially if it's over Brady and the Pats, he moves up, though, that's for sure.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Hey! How the hell did Jim Kelly get in there?

Where's Dan Pastorini? how bout' Ryan Leaf?

Man the ommissions! :bash:

Becker

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

Jim Kelly is there because he was a proven winner(except in SuperBowls)
That being said,he still led his team to 4 straight Superbowls in a row.That alone make him at least worthy of some consideration.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Peyton Manning. Precision passes. Consistant. No one has/had his presence and authority.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Becker44
Where's Dan Pastorini? how bout' Ryan Leaf?

Hold on a second there Super Dave, nobody disses the great Dan Pastorini and gets away with it. I guarantee you those great Pittsburgh teams had loads of respect for the man. If we hadn't been jobbed by the refs in '79 on an obvious touchdown call, Pastorini would be wearing one of Bradshaw's rings right now.

Plus, no quarterback was better at beating reporters up, just ask Dale Robertson.

Peace

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by juggaloco

Considering that it is in the U.S. Sports section of BTS... I'd say that it has everything to do with this site, and that it is in the appropriate place. What does *your* post contribute?

Anyway, Brady's the best that I've ever seen.

/tn.

[edit on 6-1-2008 by teleonaut]

new topics

top topics

join