It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

£5 Gallon on the Way ($9.875 US)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

£5 Gallon on the Way

www.expressandstar.com

Petrol prices are soaring to a new high, approaching £5 a gallon for the first time. The cost of oil surged through the 100 dollars-a-barrel mark for the first time last night, meaning that more misery is on the way for motorists.

Each visit to the petrol station to fill up now costs an average of £7.36 more than it did this time last year, according to the AA.

And there is little prospect of prices falling again, leading to a threat of inflation and the destabilisation of the British economy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3/1/08 by Keyhole]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
We here in the US don't really hear much about this sort of news from the U.K..

They say gas prices there are going to reach 5 pounds per gallon now, at the current currency exchange rate, that would make 1 gallon of gas cost almost $10 US in the U.K..

As bad as our gas prices are here, I sure hope it never costs that much here!

At least gas here has (at least in my area) never gone over $4 a gallon! (that would be less than 2 pounds U.K.)

And anyway, why does it cost SOOOO much more in the UK for a gallon of gas? Do we just get it cheaper because we use larger quantities of it?

www.expressandstar.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3/1/08 by Keyhole]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
There is no way I could afford $10.00 a gallon for gas, it costs me $40.00 just to fill my car right now. I could not imagine spending $150.00 just to fill my car up a week, @ $600.00 dollars a month I could not afford my house payment. I could only imagine how other people would suffer if gas ever got that high. Lets hope it never does...

new topics

join