It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm God

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

That is the paradox I was thinking about:

I believe I am God.
I do not believe in the existence of God.
Therefore I do not exist.
But I think therefore I am.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Actually... the statements don't contradict... God WOULD be an athiest, because God has no God.

Sorry for the short reply.

[edit on 10-2-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

Actually that would only make sense if "god" needed another "god" to acknowledge his own existence.

Atheist= someone who has no belief in god, God can acknowledge his own existence.

So madnesses statement is still contradictory.

[edit on 10-2-2008 by thehumbleone]

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Congrats Madnessinmysoul! I knew there was something about you, I just never knew that you were a God. Cool man!

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
...and no, ashley, i'm not being facetious, i'm just putting forth an argument in a controversial manner.

So you believe you are [a] god.
But you do not believe god exists.
Therefore you do not believe in yourself.
Not believing in yourself sounds like a self esteem issue.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

this
is
just
an
exercise

and you're actually distracting from the issue. the issue isn't that i'm an atheist claiming to be a deity, it's that i'm a person claiming to be a deity.

it doesn't matter what stance i have, it's the premise of an argument.

if i can bring myself to discuss christian theology within the proper premise, why can't any of you bring yourself to discuss this within the apparent premise of some dude claiming to be a deity?

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

By your definition, what is a deity?

How are you different from any other human on the earth?

Is everyone a god, or just you?

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

in the opening post i claimed that i am a deity because i'm omnipotent...well, i'm also incompetent, as i cannot currently use my omnipotence.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Then by your definition of a deity, I am also one.

I have infinite potential, I just don't know about it right now.

Now all we need is a mythology. I suggest something a little different from the usual- perhaps along the lines of racecars that beget children.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

It is not contradictory.

God is ur supposed creator, we are finite as he is eternal.

God has no creator and no one to worship, therefore God is an Athiest.

But if what you say is true, and because God believes in himself it makes him his own God, then everything that madness is saying is 100% true, because God would only be a result of God's own beliefs.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

I completely agree that athiesm is just an inward struggle between the individual and their rejection of God, and we, are the spectators of that inward struggle. What an athiest actually attempts through their outward struggle, has nothing to do with denial, as much as an open cry for someone to convince them even more that this God doesn't exist.

Why struggle against something that is non-existent in the first place? Unless it does exist and you are fully aware of it inwardly.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

in the opening post i claimed that i am a deity because i'm omnipotent...well, i'm also incompetent, as i cannot currently use my omnipotence.

this is just an exercise and you're actually distracting from the issue. the issue isn't that i'm an atheist claiming to be a deity, it's that i'm a person claiming to be a deity...why can't any of you bring yourself to discuss this within the apparent premise of some dude claiming to be a deity?

Fair enough. Am I allowed to use the quote atheists always show me? This is not an exact quote but it goes something like this (surely you have seen it):

"If God cannot stop evil then he is not omnipotent. If God is able to stop evil but unwilling, then he is malevolent. If he cannot stop evil or unwilling, then why call him God?"

Can you stop evil, Mims? Or are you unwilling? Can you do anything that merits the title God? If you are not omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, or immortal (not necessarily all four at the same time but any one or combination), then I'm left to assume you are a mere mortal.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

1. "Thou shalt have no other gods before me"

2. One of the 10 commandments, I believe.

3. God has acknowledged that there are others.

Whether God is alone or not, the Isrealites et al, were delving into/practicing other beliefs - other gods.

God doesn't want anyone to adulate 'other' gods. He said he was a jealous God.

In order for one to be jealous, there must first exist others, who would be the the 'competition'.

i.e. God cannot be Atheist, as pointed out by statement #1 and #3.

God believes in his creation; to which supposedly 'everything' is made from Him.

At one point he tried to destroy it (flood?) < I don't want to debate that one; we'll leave it to another thread. Then He had a change of heart, and promised to not do that again. (The sign of the rainbow)

If He believes in his creation, then it stands to reason, that he believes in Himself.

If He believes in Himself, He acknowledges God, and therefore, is NOT an Atheist.

~Ducky~

[edit on 11-2-2008 by TheDuckster]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
If madness claims he IS god (something that doesn't exist), he is saying that he is 'nothing'?

His OP opened the doors for his own proof. We gave it.

The definition of God includes both meanings: Omnicient and Omnipotent.

Madness, by his own admission, claimed to have only 1 attribute. That isn't totally god.

Half of a god is a demi-god, however, madness's OP stated that he is God.

One can't change their mind to therefore say: I'm a demi-god now, as this would contradict the OP. This would askew the topic and go off into other tangeants.

~Ducky~

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster

1. "Thou shalt have no other gods before me"

That would be consistent with God being Athiest. Since God is God himself and he can have no other Gods before himself. If I worship no one but myself, you call me athiest, but if I call myself God and then claim to worship myself will you refer to me as Father? No, you will most likely call me schizophrenic and tell me I need help, or you will stake me on a cross. Therefore, God must be a delusional Athiest in himself.

2. One of the 10 commandments, I believe.

You should be well versed in and sure of your stance before we begin to discuss them.

3. God has acknowledged that there are others.

No, God says there is only him. He has, according to Christian theology, acknowledged false Gods only.

Whether God is alone or not, the Isrealites et al, were delving into/practicing other beliefs - other gods.

God doesn't want anyone to adulate 'other' gods. He said he was a jealous God.

In order for one to be jealous, there must first exist others, who would be the 'competition'.

God cannot be Atheist, as pointed out by statement #1 and #3.

Um, not quite. A-theism means to follow no theistic beliefs. God does not worship nor does he believe in other Gods.

At one point he tried to destroy it (flood?) < I don't want to debate that one; we'll leave it to another thread. Then He had a change of heart, and promised to not do that again. (The sign of the rainbow)

The rainbow has always existed, you're kidding me right? It's nothing more than the light spectrum, and unless you're going to believe that it was an existence of utter darkness before the flood
... sorry... that is extremely laughable and I'm angered that you have been so brainwashed.

If He believes in his creation, then it stands to reason, that he believes in Himself.

If He believes in Himself, He acknowledges God, and therefore, is NOT an Atheist.

~Ducky~

I believe in myself, but not God, what do you call me?

But anyway, this entire exchange is moot because God doesn't exist to begin with. Why I lowered myself to such an ignorant religious discussion went right under my radar, I'll gracefully bow out of this nonexistential delusional mess.

I believe in madnessinmysoul. He is an omnipotent diety that is incompetent of using it. At least he makes sense ;-)

Peace, hope you see the truth, and you won't find it in illusions if only they show you the reality.

At the end of the day, Jesus was an athiest.... without religion...so ask yourself... WWJD? ;-)

[edit on 11-2-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Why I lowered myself to such an ignorant religious discussion

Gee...how kind of you, to bend over backwards to bestow us your enlightenment; albeit, full of sarcasm.

And on that note, I'll take my leave as well.

Have a good day.

Respectfully,

~Ducky~

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster
The definition of God includes both meanings: Omnicient and Omnipotent.

I'm going to hold you on this one ducky. I believe that first, this is limited to the God of Abraham, not God in general. After all, many gods have existed that have been tricked into doing something (not omniscient by any means) or that have needed the aid of other gods in completing some tasks (by no means omnipotent.)

I don't think (however uncertain as it would be a major pain to read all of these pages) that Madness has claimed to be the Abrahamic God.

However, should we delve into the God (Ohm) of the Vedic beliefs, we are all God. We all are omnipotent, and omniscient. We are however limited by our own disbelief, perceptions, and illusions to act on these abilities. And, the moment we are able to understand our true power, we no longer have need of a physical body and achieve Nirvana, or oneness with the 'Self' (self being what many call God).

And, the belief that God is a separate entity to be revered as a master, rather than perceived as an equal is the primary bane to mankind's quest for paradise.

So, as I said before:

I'm God, he's God, she's God

Wouldn't you like to be God too?

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Last outfinite...

What she (ducky) is saying is that we are created and exist..

so did madness creat us? no...

God did and he knows who he is.....

But this whole discussion is just too ridiculous to have this many replies....

peace.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

Last outfinite...

What she (ducky) is saying is that we are created and exist..

Or do we exist because we simply exist? No creation, no destruction, just being.

so did madness creat us? no...

God did and he knows who he is.....

Or we created God because we couldn't fathom anything without a beginning.

But this whole discussion is just too ridiculous to have this many replies....

This discussion is perfect. The nature of self, existence, creation/destruction and what God truly is.

If there's ever going to be a more serious and interesting discussion, let me know.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

But if what you say is true, and because God believes in himself it makes him his own God, then everything that madness is saying is 100% true, because God would only be a result of God's own beliefs.

Yeah but God has the "skills" to back up his claims.

Madness does not, therefore he belongs in a psych ward.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join