It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm God

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

Sure is, but appropriate none the less.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
We're all God....

I'll be sure to yell out "ME D@*M IT " next time I snub my toe.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
the god madnessinmysoul
lord of awesomness
served by a swarm of invisible, impotent, french ninja-fish

You seem pretty arrogant for a god.:shk:

...it's not like i came up with the title "lord of awesomeness"
someone had given it to me as a joke once
and you're not commenting on the ninja-fish, it makes me sad

Please Gawd, don't send me to hell, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to stump ye.

i have no problem with being stumped. it's not like i'm omniscient, of course someone would stump me
and no hell for you... or anyone. if you're a bad person, you get reincarnated

Is the astrophysicist a Gawd as well?

i'm not sure, but all i know is it would just someone that can explain it to ye

He who lives by the sword of science should not ever so conveniently put his sword of science down whenever he knows not the answer to certain questions.

but his argument should not be considered defeated when he doesn't have the answer to a question that does, in fact, have an answer.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Ok. I'll humor ye.
What is a Ninja-Fish?

Does it have anything to do with those fish symbols found on the back of some vehicles?
...you know, the ones that look like something a Ninja would use and throw as a weapon?

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

I might be the god of all duckies out there...but only in my mind.

I'm not arrogant.

I don't suppose for others.

I care for my fellow human beings.

I can be a 'jokester' as far as things allow.

I can/will fight for the underdog.

I breathe air (part of the same stardust, that ALL humans were created from?)

I take time to respond (in however manner) to my fellow human beings.

I punish those who are straying from the path that I create. (what loving god doesn't show this kind of love if you arn't a good parent)

I am 'here'. Even if you don't 'think' I am.

I work through people. Yes...I can influence people to many degrees.

One day mankind might find all the 'physical properties' to the universe, and when that day approaches, will YOU disregard ALL my teachings for the sake of proving 'existance'?

Will YOU disregard everything, just to 'prove a point'.

When YOU get to 'that point', will YOU be happy, content, satisified? Or will YOU tear everything down to built it up in the ways that you deem 'the best'? If you DO tear everything down, how would YOU build your world?

Create differently? HOW? How would all of YOU create a world, a solar system, a UNIVERSE. What are your schmantics? What is YOUR criteria? How would YOU ballance out the intellectual and emotional?

Would YOU change who you are...dear reader? Mabey/mabey not. You are WHO you are because of circumstances; the sum of all your experience and existance.

Then 'supposing' to be 'god', would change everything for YOU....and others that you hold dear in your minds/hearts.

Then...

I am the goddess of all duckies, and aquatic children of the world....

...If only.... in my mind.

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valdimer
If you don't believe, then you really have nothing to worry about, right?

I mean, you could care less if your soul is doomed or not, right? You have to believe that there is a God, and believe that your soul is doomed in order for that to hold any wheight, right?

To take it one step further, you don't even have a soul, cause that would be religious, right? And that's not what you're about, so in any case, none of this really matters, right?

Sure it matters, perhaps if there was no soul and afterlife, people would start to take this reality more seriously then to treat this reality as a simulation which they couldn't seem to care less about.

In fact it should matter even more, since there is no benevolent God/savior who would come to our rescue and clean up any mess.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

"And Jesus again said unto him, How canst thou know all? Thou canst not see through the walls of thine house, nor read the thoughts of thy fellow men, nor understand the language of birds, or of beasts. Thou canst not even recall the events of thy former life, conception, or birth."

Former life? Is He talking about reincarnation? What verse is this?

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
WOW. Reincarnation?

Seriously, where is this stuff in the Bible?!

If that's written in there, we have some real things to talk about...So please, cite where these verses can be found. I'd really like to check it out.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
If you are indeed ‘God’, my dear ‘madnessinmysoul’, then you are a heartless deity for being the first fellow member to place me on your ‘Foe List’. How dare you! My feelings are hurt – waaahhh! Now you have angered me, pikypiky – muhahaha!

Behold! [Scary sounds of thunder booming and of lightening crackling in the distance somewhere, out there…]

You may be God, MIMS; but I’m Goddess, hear me rant. I haven’t decided if I shall smite you for not believing in MY existence or be merciful and let you believe that your lofty, yet lonely position in the ‘high’ heavens is where you really belong for eternity.

[Goddess pikypiky pauses]. Her thoughts coming through: Everyone is right and cannot be proven wrong: This is the truth -- in everything there is no ‘us vs. them’. We will be (if not already are) ‘Gods-in-process’, by the way. You can either agree with me or be wrong, eh.

:shk:

[edit on 2008-1-25 by pikypiky]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

you miss part of it... RESPECTED foe. i acknowledge the respected part...

and people are distracting from the point here.

you cannot disprove my (or anyone's) claims of divinity... so how is it that one chooses a religion?

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Again for a God all you want to do is argue. Way to Go God. hey why dont you do some things for humanity. typing is not of God. Saveing souls is. your arguement is pointless. I dout you would really believe for too long. lets say that God did come down and show you himself. about ten or twenty years later your faith would falter for you would start to question if it really happen. Its called weak faith. devil and a 3rd of angels had weak faith. So would you. Blind faith is strong and powerful for in prayer we get what is right and need.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Again for a God all you want to do is argue. Way to Go God. hey why dont you do some things for humanity. typing is not of God. Saveing souls is. your arguement is pointless. I dout you would really believe for too long. lets say that God did come down and show you himself. about ten or twenty years later your faith would falter for you would start to question if it really happen. Its called weak faith. devil and a 3rd of angels had weak faith. So would you. Blind faith is strong and powerful for in prayer we get what is right and need.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kyuubi
WOW. Reincarnation?

Seriously, where is this stuff in the Bible?!

If that's written in there, we have some real things to talk about...So please, cite where these verses can be found. I'd really like to check it out.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
Again for a God all you want to do is argue.

lowercase, please. i'm a god of a polytheistic pantheon.
and arguing is fun. maybe i'm the patron god of argument, debate, and general discourse.
ooo.
i've found my place in the pantheon.

Way to Go God. hey why dont you do some things for humanity.

we can't all be god of the harvest...

typing is not of God. Saveing souls is.

99.9% of deities in history had nothing to do with saving souls.

your arguement is pointless.

no, it's quite pointful (yes, i know it's not a word).
the point is that my claim of divinity holds as much water as your religious beliefs.

I dout you would really believe for too long. lets say that God did come down and show you himself. about ten or twenty years later your faith would falter for you would start to question if it really happen.

no... i really wouldn't. if i had first hand experience or testable, reproducible proof i'd believe.

Its called weak faith.

actually, i have no faith. it's why i require evidence.

devil and a 3rd of angels had weak faith. So would you.

actually, the devil had ambition and decided to rebel. hell, all we have is the official account on that one... how do you know that the devil wasn't actually in things for the good of all instead of for selfish reasons? maybe that faction was the real good instead of the establishment..

Blind faith is strong and powerful for in prayer we get what is right and need.

really?
then how come prayer doesn't heal the sick and feed the hungry of the world?

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Return to life three days after a very violent death, have this event recorded by people who do not believe but can at least confirm the manner of death, and ascend to Heaven in front of eye witnesses who were still skeptical prior to your ascension.

I might not be there to witness it personally but let's say several people do. If these people suffer immense persecution from what they saw, never receive a penny for their testimony from their media, and are subsequently put to death by a government hostile to their testimony while still refusing to recant, I might lend you the benefit of the doubt.

Oh, and have a couple dozen people in preceding centuries predict you in advance and the things you would do. That would be pretty nifty of you. Or maybe I'll say you never existed, it was all a big hoax, and these witnesses are not reliable. I could do that, too.

[edit on 1/25/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

A person should believe in something, anything that would make sense in this insane world. That is why a person chooses a religion – to feel the sense of belonging, where noone would disagree and where people get along with each other. Peace and harmony seems to reign where there is a box full of religious followers of like minds and with similar interests.

It’s a personal comfort zone that noone else could disprove, like an insane person’s claim on divinity. In the mind of the insane, they appear to have found their own ‘God’ within themselves and without the need for divine intervention via unanswered prayers. Their choice, however, is not always their own and are forced to live a medicated life and/or in a mental institution.

My late paternal grandpaw once said: You shouldn’t bother changing your religion you were born into. He believed no other religion could replace what has been practiced by our ancestors. He was also adamant about ‘forcing’ any future in-laws convert to our religion.

I didn’t fully understand what he meant and have since been exploring other truths outside my current religion. Choosing a religion doesn’t mean to worship and praise an invisible deity but to come together under one roof and explore any unexplained ‘forces’ that may exist in the universe.

For example, I think this is why people hang out at the coffee shops. There is some sort of ritual going on that makes drinking coffee so addicting. I try not to use comparisons but this is the closest I could think of for people to share this ‘force’, which might have originated from the nice smell of fresh coffee brewing early in the morning.

[Whew! I know it's a long post.]

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Return to life three days after a very violent death, have this event recorded by people who do not believe but can at least confirm the manner of death, and ascend to Heaven in front of eye witnesses who were still skeptical prior to your ascension.

why do i have to do what jesus didn't do?
seriously, if you want to equate it to jesus it has to be recorded by people 20+ years after my death.

also... to pick this apart a bit more. there is no evidence of the eyewitnesses, people just state they were there.
jesus has no crucifixion record or eyewitness testimony, only claims of testimony well after the fact

I might not be there to witness it personally but let's say several people do. If these people suffer immense persecution from what they saw, never receive a penny for their testimony from their media, and are subsequently put to death by a government hostile to their testimony while still refusing to recant, I might lend you the benefit of the doubt.

this would lend no validity to any claims...

Oh, and have a couple dozen people in preceding centuries predict you in advance and the things you would do. That would be pretty nifty of you. Or maybe I'll say you never existed, it was all a big hoax, and these witnesses are not reliable. I could do that, too.

all i'd have to do is find some predictions and fulfill them myself with prior knowledge...
isn't it odd how jesus knew about all these prophecies about him...
it'd be a lot less suspicious if jesus fulfilled prophecies from the mayans. now that i would lend credence to.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Madness, give me the next word, The dazzling --------. Then we can chat. If not go asunder, the other one is awaiting, you have failed in your mission and will be slided. The great big head has spoken. MS
The biggest nut!

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by nuts!
Madness, give me the next word, The dazzling --------. Then we can chat. If not go asunder, the other one is awaiting, you have failed in your mission and will be slided. The great big head has spoken. MS
The biggest nut!

...i specifically said that i'm not omniscient.:shk:
people need to learn to read a thread before posting in it

reply to post by pikypiky

this doesn't address the issue.
the question is about how my claim of divinity is any less valid than that of jesus or any other deity you can choose.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
OK madness i shall, even though it's usually, likely to be a load of dribble. I shall be one of obedience and comply with the wishes of my master.
I did however ask a simple enough question, it would be simple for you if you were indeed god. It's a question of faith. No worries tho if you cant handle this question. I just may not be of your quest.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join