It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm God

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
seriously, i'm an omnipotent deity.

want me to prove it?
well... i really can't. you see, i may be omnipotent, but i'm not omniscient and thus cannot demonstrate the full extent of my power... or any extent of it at all. but i know that i'm a deity.

my first act as god is to ask why you shouldn't believe in me.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I believe you if you say so.

Right now you are just dealing with the rock so large it is impossible for you to lift.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I don't believe you...

But funnily enough there is a thread here that you may want to look at:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Enlighten me?

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
M.I.M.S., I disagree. You ARE omniscient, but you just haven't realized yet. The reason you can't prove or explain it is because we mere mortals could never understand the complexity and depth of your godly reasoning.

Occam

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Its funny you would post this, when you have atheist on your avatar.:shk:

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Madness if your god and you want me to worship you better be a hot women wearing very little.

But seriously a lot of you have missed Madness point which is there no more proof that he is god then there is god that Christians e.t.c worship all the time.

Well that is my take on things anyway.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Madness if your god and you want me to worship you better be a hot women wearing very little.

But seriously a lot of you have missed Madness point which is there no more proof that he is god then there is god that Christians e.t.c worship all the time.

Well that is my take on things anyway.

Hi xpert/

Well,I'm sure alot of us here,(most of us anyway )has not really 'missed' the Original Post by madness(member)true intended meaning!

I can tell you now madnessinmysoul/ that although your intentions may be that of a 'joke', it is in fact in 'Bad Taste'!
But,
For one to post about such a subject in the mannerism you have.....one must have a calling, for what one's soul seeks....
what one's soul, has not yet received!
Happy new year to you madness!

helen

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
*long drawn out lucky*

I wanna be god

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
I can tell you now madnessinmysoul/ that although your intentions may be that of a 'joke', it is in fact in 'Bad Taste'!

We will have to agree to disagree on this one.

But,
For one to post about such a subject in the mannerism you have.....one must have a calling, for what one's soul seeks....

LOL where do I start ?
I don't have a soul and there no evidence to suggest otherwise or solid evidence that cant be disputed. You need to ease up a bit .

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I don't believe you are God because God is above needing to prove anything.

peace

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

Of course you must already know the answer to this question. So why even ask? Why even start this thread to begin with? The outcome is fixed in your mind.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Sweet! I'm a God too.

What do you say to a spot of war? That's always a fun game.

I've got a flood to over see in Bangladesh, and a earthquake in Taiwan, but I should be free by say Sunday afternoon.

Bring your big guns!!

MonKey

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Your point has some merit this thread really is preaching to the choir of Atheists . Those who subscribe to the system of faith will either not grasp the point or not have a rational answer to the author point of view. As much as I enjoyed Madness making his point I don't think this thread will accomplish much.

Unless some solid proof is provided there is no reason for me to change my views on this matter . So in one sense you correct and in another your not. Sure the conclusion is already been reached but it is backed up by rational thinking and the evidence or lack of it.

I hope you can understand my point.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Ok, we get the point.

You believe that there is no God. Bravo.

Does it really bother you that much that people believe in a higher power, or as some athiests put it, a "Cloud Fairy"?

Does it affect your daily life in such a way that you have to convince people NOT to believe in God?

In all honesty, if you choose not to believe in God, that's cool with me. It's up to you to believe or not believe. It's up to you to ask for cold hard undeniable proof. Me? I have faith and I believe in God, but I don't go around trying to convince people that he exists. It's up to them to figure that out, not for me to hammer my viewpoint into them.

He gave us free will for a reason. You and I are both using it by choosing otnot beleive and believe, respectively.

[edit on 3-1-2008 by Valdimer]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Does it really bother you that much that people believe in a higher power, or as some athiests put it, a "Cloud Fairy"?

That has always puzzled me as well...

If Atheists truly do not believe, why spend so much time trying to convince others that God is not real?

Would not your time be better spent trying to convince those that believe in the Reptilian Race that they don't exist? Or Leprechauns?

I mean if your not going to accept or believe, why the rabid unrelenting, compulsive need to step on someone else's faith with admittedly poor quality attempts at humor?

I really don't get it.

I don't believe in Atheists. Every "supposed" Atheist I have ever known has prayed to God when the mortar shells made the earth crumble around them. SO I have no proof that a true Atheist exists, yet I feel no uncontrollable desire to "squash" their unbelief. They pose no threat to me, their lack of belief dooms only their souls and their belief that we are simply animals is most times amusing. So why would I hassle them for that? In the same context, why do you "Supposed" Atheists always attack believers?

Just asking...

Semper

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
If Atheists truly do not believe, why spend so much time trying to convince others that God is not real?

Not all of us try convince people of faith that a higher power doesn't exist and vice versa. My Christian friends and I get along just fine .

I mean if your not going to accept or believe, why the rabid unrelenting, compulsive need to step on someone else's faith with admittedly poor quality attempts at humor?

The joke was funny enough but it was told to the wrong audience. Kind of like telling blond jokes to a group of blonds.

When I was still knee high to the ground I once asked my Dad a Vietnam vet if there is a god. For some one I will always remember his response he said that he couldn't say either way. I thought that was worth sharing.

[edit on 4-1-2008 by xpert11]

[edit on 4-1-2008 by xpert11]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ChiKeyMonKey

You're both wrong.

I'm God.

And I'm older than either of you, so I was here first.

Now stand aside, I have a thunderbolt to hurl.

Hear ye Valdimer!!!

Does it affect your daily life in such a way that you have to convince people NOT to believe in God?

Hast thou forgot the ruination thou and thy fellow-believers of all faiths hath collectively wrought upon My creation? In particular, My highest creation, humankind? After being responsible for most of the evil in the world, thou hast, in My Divine Opinion, a Devil of a nerve asking questions like that of innocent athiests.

Beware my wrath!

[edit on 4-1-2008 by Astyanax]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11

This post reminds me of this quote by Jesus...

And when the blind lead forth the blind, both lose the way and fall into the slough. 24 If you would lead the way to God you must be clear in sight, as well as pure in heart.

And as for the rest...

reply to post by madnessinmysoul

There is a story, where Jesus reminds a man who says he is God of his place.

AND there was a certain man who was blind from his birth. And he denied that there were such things as Sun, Moon, and Stars, or that colour existed. And they tried in vain to persuade him that other people saw them; and they led him to Jesus, and he anointed his eyes and made him to see. 11. And he greatly rejoiced with wonder and fear, and confessed that before he was blind. And now after this, he said, I see all, I know everything, I am god. 12. And Jesus again said unto him, How canst thou know all? Thou canst not see through the walls of thine house, nor read the thoughts of thy fellow men, nor understand the language of birds, or of beasts. Thou canst not even recall the events of thy former life, conception, or birth. 13. Remember with humility how much remains unknown to thee, yea, unseen, and doing so, thou mayest see more clearly.

God is in all men, but not all men lead a Godly life.

Peace

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
[If Atheists truly do not believe, why spend so much time trying to convince others that God is not real?

You mean "why spend so much time trying to convince themselves that God is not real?" The irony isn't lost on me either. And there you have your answer.

madnessinmysoul needs to reveal at least some small parts of himself to some of his closest friends. You don't have to prove yourself to the world, but if you can get some of your friends to be so convinced that you are God, so convinced that they would die for you. Then they would help spread your message. And people would believe.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

Of course you must already know the answer to this question. So why even ask? Why even start this thread to begin with? The outcome is fixed in your mind.

The same reason madness (god) created adam and eve and the placed a tree in the middle for some unknown reason and told them not to eat from it... =.= You know the rest...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join