It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: White House Releases Unreadable Bush Military Payroll Records

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Happening now on CNN: An angry press-core is going through photocopies of Air National Guard payroll records which they categorize as "unreadable". The situation in the pressroom is hostile as the release of these "documents" seem to have made matters worse.
developing...

www.cnn.com...

White House spokesman Scott McClellan said the payroll records from the Air Reserve Personnel Center in Denver, Colorado, will include documents and dates of payment.

McClellan said the president would not have been paid if he had not shown up for drills -- as some critics such as Democratic National Committee Chairman Terry McAuliffe have suggested.

"He was paid for the days he served in the Air National Guard," McClellan said. "That's why I said that these records clearly document that the president fulfilled his duties."

[Edited on 13-2-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
what? He couldn't have gotten paid for not fulfilling his duties????

His dad was CIA, he was skull and bones, his entire political career just seemed to fall into his lap. Anything can be covered up....especially when it's something old as 30 years.

reporters questioned, why there is no one who can corroborate serving with Bush in the National Guard.

[Edited on 2-10-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
anyone watched the press briefing, White House spokesman Scott McClellan is getting ripped apart by reporters. It doesn't seem like these payroll stubs is going to satisfy anyone.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Damn he just just marked himself by the illuminated families of the world..A highly embarrassing tactic out of desperation, you even saw his press reporter come out with sweat on his face looking very nervous and scared...

Isn't it obvious he was paid for the time he didn't serve because he still had his hook ups, that is the next angle the press will aim after eventually.."who was making sure he got paid?"

This is a travesty and highly blasphemous activity..Not illuminated at all, mere wannabes the whole time =(

[Edited on 10-2-2004 by boombye]

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Couldn't they just fake the records? I mean, if they could fake the moon landing then why not a few papers?

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
You know, this has gotten to a point where the U.S. government won't admit to being wrong about anything anymore. This has really gotten under my skin. It's like they're trying to prove to the world that they're never wrong but everyone else is. They think they're doing all this for the good of the people when in fact it's for the good of themselves.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
USA has been funding wars with the exception of maybe 1-2 years for the past 50 years.. Rumsfeld himself said this today, yet I mean why do we even have to finance wars..

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Things are starting to get worse and worse for Bush and his administration. The people are starting to slowly but surely wake up. They could get desperate and go and stage another terrorist attack and blame it on muslims in order to garner public support and raise his numbers before the election. Either that or they will try and steal the election again.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
anyone watched the press briefing, White House spokesman Scott McClellan is getting ripped apart by reporters. It doesn't seem like these payroll stubs is going to satisfy anyone.

The party's over.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

Originally posted by worldwatcher

The party's over.

no its only started. bush didnt let the terrorist attacks happen or caused them. If he had then he not only would have been impeached but tried in a court. for an attack like 9-11 to have happened by our gov't, someone would have spilled the beans on the attack but no one has. Clinton had the intelligence on 9 11 and didnt do squat.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Clinton is gone. Drop CLinton. Its THIS criminal adminstration that's feeling the fire and just like his father, he will not be re-elected.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
care to bet on that Colonel ? I think Bush will be re-elected.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
care to bet on that Colonel ? I think Bush will be re-elected.

Elevatedone is right. Bush will be re-elected. There are too many Bush supporters out there still who believe Bush is still doing the right thing going into Iraq.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
He will be re-elected only if 1 or more of the following occurs before elections:

WMD's are conveniently found
Bin Laden is captured/found dead
A major attack occurs on USA soil

and my instincts leads me to believe that one or all will happen as necessary to keep Bush in office.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I would say I am a partial Bush supporter, I liked the way he had the balls to move forward with his plan no matter what people would tell him. I think that makes a strong president. Some of the things though that he does are very questionable indeed. I don't doubt he has skeletons in his closet regarding the ANG, but I think he really is screwing himself over by bringing it to the forefront like this so quickly after he got beat up on MTP.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
lol
i hope no one really believes this nonsense

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Just remember...Bush doesn't need your vote to win.

Authority is an illusion in the mind of govenors - Lao Tse

[Edited on 10-2-2004 by Voice_of Doom]

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamz
I would say I am a partial Bush supporter, I liked the way he had the balls to move forward with his plan no matter what people would tell him. I think that makes a strong president. Some of the things though that he does are very questionable indeed. I don't doubt he has skeletons in his closet regarding the ANG, but I think he really is screwing himself over by bringing it to the forefront like this so quickly after he got beat up on MTP.

I think actually listening to the world community and the people of your country makes a strong president myself. But hey, that's just me. 48% approval rating and falling, go Bush!

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
So according to you finger you think that the president is the president of the world community? Sorry, I think he acts on the people in Americas opinion and from what I remember the polls to go to war with Iraq were well over 60% and to me that is a majority.

And finger remember in 84' that Reagan had a low approval rating and won because he was facing ultra liberal Mondale. Kerry is very similiar in this situation to Mondale and Bush to Reagan. Not comparing the two presidents achievements or anything, but that's how 84' was. And if yuo want to say that he only is at 48% approval, I will still say he has a lead in Kerry head to head in virtual every poll with a few exceptions.

To illustrate: At about this point before the 1984 election, the polls gave President Reagan a 47% job approval rating. Earlier, Reagan had set a modern record for the lowest presidential approval rating after two years in office: 41%.

In July 1984, a respected poll said Reagan was trailing Democratic challenger Walter Mondale by two percentage points. But in November, Reagan defeated Mondale 59% to 40%, one of the 20th century's biggest landslides. The job approval ratings of the first President Bush in 1991 and Bill Clinton in 1995 also were useless in assessing their prospects for re-election a year later.

www.usatoday.com...

[Edited on 10-2-2004 by Dreamz]

[Edited on 10-2-2004 by Dreamz]

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamz

Why do I even bother??????

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join