It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What education should be

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
people always say that education is done wrong in todays society, but thats about as much as you can get out of them. if education is really not how it should be, then how should it be? personally, i believe education should be personalized on what type of job you plan on taking in your future. not like collage, but where you focus on the subjects that you need to learn. take as much of a certain class you need so that you can participate in other classes you actually need to work in whatever field you want. more options should be available. what do you think?

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I personally believe in democratic education. Look into Sudbury Schools, John Taylor Gatto, Free Schools, the Summerhill School. IMO, this is how education should be done...

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Education should be learning ...to learn.

The context of what is learned is secondary to that. The primary focus of education is to open the mind, focus it, teach willpower and deductive reasoning. To give it the tools necessary to understand the topics and sort through the information given it.

The best teachers I had did this, made learning a pleasure. The worst teachers were the ones that wanted you simply to learn things by rote, memorizing dictation and fact.

join