It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever done something really really really dumb like throw your cell phone away?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I had to carry a whole bunch of things from my car to the house last night, so in order to make one trip I threw my cell phone, along with some other items, into a bag full of groceries to free up my other hand. All that was left in the bag of groceries after I emptied it was a rather long receipt and I then proceeded to throw the bag out. Well as it turns out the receipt must have been covering up my cell phone in the bottom of the bag.

I took the trash out last night and threw it in the trash compactor at our apartment complex. Cell phone has gone bye-bye!!! :bash::bnghd:

Peace

[edit on 3-1-2008 by Dr Love]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
yes. i do stupid things like that all the time but i do them on purpose.
i get in moods and things just 'happen'

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Had a huge argument with the wife once, sat on a chair and dropped the cell on the floor.

I could still hear "THE LAW" shouting at me, completely lost it and just stamped on the cow - I mean the phone!

I am a man I do stupid like clockwork!

MonKey

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I was working on a shed one time, and about ten yards away there was a hill that went down a good couple hundred feet. Not straight down, but pretty close to it. Anyway things werent going right with what I was building, I lost it and threw my hammer towards the hill. Over the crest and down to the bottom it went, over I went after it, my good hammer I couldnt just let it lay down there. I have smoothed over my temper since my younger years, but many things have been destroyed or thrown and retrieved because of it.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It's not really the phone itself that I'm so distraught about, it's the loss of my SIM card. There's years worth of phone numbers on there.

I'm sure right now, at this very moment, Jose the maintenance man is punching in the five digit code to crush all the trash in the compactor and my SIM card is screaming for God's mercy.

All those phone numbers will be lost in time like tears in the rain!

Peace

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
A few years back when watching politicians campaigning, I became so disgusted and frustrated, I took the TV and threw it out in the yard. I can't promise that it won't happen again this year.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I've got through my fair share of cell phones, and almost had one more added to the list.

I've had my new phone for about three months, and only about a month ago I was preparing some supper and my phone fell out of my shirt pocket into a bowl of tomato sauce. I didn't see it fall, but I heard the "plop" and looked down to see the sauce splashed everywhere. Didn't see the phone until I moved the sauce around to see. Luckily there was no damage, just had to spend a few minutes wiping it off, pulling it apart, and wiping it off some more.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I was having a bad day at work one time and chucked my hammer.

What sucked was, I chucked it from the roof I was working on, right into the very center of the retention pond behind the house.

Vaughn 20 ouncer...didn't help my mood at all.

:bnghd:

Cuhail

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
My wife called me one night from Wal-Mart saying that someone had stolen our Jeep. Well, I was boiling at that point. Five minutes later she calls telling me she found the Jeep. She just forgot where she had parked.

What does this have to do with the OP's story. Simple, after the second call I was so mad at her that I thru the cell phone across the room hitting the wall. The funny thing is the phone worked just fine after it's first flying experience.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
My first day at the job, cutting grass at a cemetery. I remember it, and I also feel a sense of shame. :shk:

I was mowing around the pond, and a lone gravestone that had been facing the pond, some monk tradition. So, I hit the monument, then the mower does a U'e, going straight into the pond. I flooded it, and it's last breath was heard.

The first thing my employer said to me, "Don't get too close to that pond, people tend to get sucked in it".

I was 3/4's of a mile back to the shed where I meet my boss mowing another mower, He pulls down his shades and looks around with a smile, "You drove her into the pond! C'mon, we'll take my truck".

Luckily, it only caused laughs, until we found out the grave stone had somehow rolled all the way into the pond also.. Ooooooops!

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
One night I could not find my cell phone in my house. I used another phone to call mine. It would beep every five minutes and I would wait for it to beep. A half hour later, I finally narrowed it down to the kitchen trash can. I have no idea how it got there.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I almost washed my cell phone once. I was doing a load of laundry and I forgot to take my phone out of my pants pocket. Luckily I remembered it was in the pants pocket and I got it out of the washer before it got wet.

Another time, last winter, I got out of the car and my phone fell out of my pants pocket. The phone was there in the snow in the parking lot. I did not notice it fall out o my pocket. A minute later I noticed my phone was not in my pocket. So I checked out side and there it was in the snow. The phone was fine.

I have had my phone for about 12 and a half months. Haven't losted or wrecked it...yet. Luckily.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I tossed one out the car window on the highway once. But, I was selling them and had easy access to as many phones as I needed.

The best phone story I have is this: Back maybe twenty years ago I was talking on a cordless phone with my girlfriend at the time. We were in a heated argument and I finally got so irate that I took the phone and hummed it across the room. Now, twenty years ago cordless phones werre fairly heavy compared to today. Anyway, the phone went through the wall. It went right through the drywall and disappeared, leaving a huge hole.

I didn't want to tear apart the whole wall to get the phone, so I bought a new one and, when I moved, I taped a piece of white paper over the hole which was larger than my fist (the walls were white, so at a quick glance you couldn't even tell I taped the paper over the hole).

I never heard from my landlord........those were the days!!

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I accidentally ripped my cell phone clean in half once.

It's not even worth saying how it happened.

I was talking on the phone with my mother, and she was really confused about the noise it made when it was destroyed and we were disconnected.

I took it to Sprint to see if I could buy a new phone from them at a discount, since I was replacing my old Sprint phone. Of course they charged me full price. I was stuck though, because I was still under contract.

Still have that thing, too. It's only connected by a thin little copper wire thing.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Personally, I hate cell phones. Never get in touch with the people I need to when I need to, or they get in touch with me when I don't want them to or when I can't answer the phone. Fricken things. Serves them right when they get washed in the laundry, fall out of my pocket when I'm on my bike, get left at the beach, fly of the dashboard while I'm driving... find themselves in the pressbrake or a hammer...

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Hey that happened to my phone, and my wallet, and god knows what else. My daughter is 17 months, her mother taught her to throw things away in the trash can. So after losing my phone and wallet, we decided the trash can is better locked up. The little chit, it gave me a pretty good laugh watching her take everything and putting it in the trash.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
If cell phones weren't so darn small, this wouldn't happen! :bnghd:

When I was 18, I was sitting at my usual spot, at my usual club, and I had my cell phone sitting at the bar next to my drink. Next thing I knew, "Love Is In The Air" came on, and everyone was throwing napkins in the air (this is typical for this song.) The next thing I know, my cell phone is gone. It obviously had been picked up with the napkins after the song, and thrown away into one of 18 garbage cans behind the bar.

So I had to stay there until 7 the next morning, until all the bags were pulled, and have a friend who bartended there continuously call my cell while I listened to the bags to figure out which one it was in. Finally found it, in the 10th bag, and immediately called Cingular to add insurance on my phone!

Needless to say, that was not a good night.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
i have a clamshell phone (motorola V360) and being nicely rounded and smooth about 2 mth ago i dropped it one too many times and the screen went all funny.

i could still use it, but couldnt read the screen and didnt have the $ to get it fixed for a few weeks

then during our state titles (im race director) i had to sleep at the race track for security reasons.

well, i forgot the phone was in my jeans pocket and slept on it. woke in the middle of the night to get a lump out my pocket and whoah! screen was working again.

-

i usually do software tweaks on phones and a mate thought aaah thats so easy and borrowed my cable + software to fix a mates phone.
well, he knew nothing about what he was doing and totally locked the guys phone from all use instead of unlocking the network lock. he had to pay to have the software reinstalled too

dont mess with stuff you dont know about is the moral of that story.

new topics

top topics

join