It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian PM Manmohan Singh to make first official China visit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Indian PM Manmohan Singh to make first official China visit

in.reuters.com

BEIJING (Reuters) - Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will visit China later this month, China's Foreign Ministry said on Thursday, as the Asian heavyweights grapple with issues from border disputes to competition for resources.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
timesofindia.indiatimes.com[/url ]
[url=http://www.topnews.in/indian-prime-minister-visit-china-after-gap-five-years-211286]www.topnews.in

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will get a chance of putting his point across directly to the second rung of Chinese leaders when he addresses them at the Central Party School in Beijing later this month.

The rare honour has been extended to very few world leaders in the past. Dr Singh will be the first Indian to get the opportunity of addressing the prestigious school, whose students are important members of the Central Committee of the Chinese Communist Party, and potential future leaders of the country.

The Indian Prime Minister is scheduled to go on a four-day visit to China on January 13.

Singh has decided against visiting other cities of China and will remain in capital Beijing, interacting with different sections of the Chinese leadership during his stay in the country. He is scheduled to meet President Hu Jintao, the Primier Wen Jia Bao and other senior Chinese leaders. He will also address an economic Summit in Beijing that will allow him to share his views on the emerging economic scenario in the world with business leaders in China.

While bilateral trade has already reached $ 28 billion, it is rather insignificant when compared with China's trade figures with other countries. India and China are the two fastest growing economies in the world and the latter has already emerged as the second largest economy in the world.

in.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
i wonder how long this visit has actually been public knowledge. If it just came out, it would seem rushed to me. It takes a LOT of effort to organize this kind of events... and getting it to happen in under 2 weeks would be next to possible.

Of-course it is possible this has been planned for months but the timing still gets my attention. Surely the deteriorating situation in the neighboring Pakistan is causing worries to leaders of both states... more-so probably to India who might be in a really lousy position in case of nukes going rogue in Pakistan after the rising disturbances following Bhutto's death.

Well I am sure it will be one of the issues dicussed

join