It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite Movie Quote

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
i know everyone watches Films and movies
so whats your Favorite Quotes from the film and which film is it?

Dilios: So my king died, and my brothers died, barely a year ago. Long I pondered my king's cryptic talk of victory. But time has proven him wise, for from free Greek to free Greek, the word was spread that bold Leonidas and his 300, so far from home, laid down their lives... not just for Sparta, but for all Greece and the promise this country holds. Now, here on this ragged patch of earth called Plataea, Persian hordes face obliteration! Just there, the barbarians gather, sheer terror gripping tight their hearts with icy fingers, knowing full well what merciless horrors they suffered at the swords and spears of 300. Yet they stare now across the plain at 10,000 Spartans commanding 30,000 free Greeks! Ho! The enemy outnumber us a paltry three to one! Good odds for any Greek. This day we rescue a world from mysticism and tyranny, and usher in a future brighter than anything we could imagine. Give thanks, men, to Leonidas and the brave 300! To victory!

Independence Day

President Thomas Whitmore: Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. "Mankind." That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom... Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from annihilation. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice: "We will not go quietly into the night!" We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!

[edit on 3-1-2008 by bodrul]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Bodrul
Very nicely quoted from the movies. I liked the one from 300 best. The quotes I like to remember from the movies are not quite so long or quite so precise, but there they are.

from Blade Runner
After the Blade Runner clubs Boris in the head with a pipe.
"now that's the spirit"

from Ghost Busters
"These readings can not be correct."
"Why not?"
"Suppose this twinkie represents the normal about of paranormal activity. With the level of paranormal activity reading just made this twinkie would be 64 feet long and weigh approximately 6 tons."
"That's a big twinkie."

Also from Ghost busters.
After the secretary goes over the list of things she is asking the new Ghost Buster what he believes in.
"if there is a steady pay check in it I will believe anything you say."

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
A favourite quote of mine is in text at the beginning of black hawk down, there it is attributed to Plato. But on reading further a lot of times that link is dismissed - anywho it is profound.

"Only the dead will see the end of war"

I also thing Homer (the yellow) is the king of modern day quotes - far to many to list.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
"You ex-military?"

"Nah, I got my job through the New York Times."

-Ronin

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Bill Cox: We order up at the frosty cream at lunch usually. We can buy you lunch until you get on your feet a little.

Karl: I like them french fried potaters.

Bill Cox: Yeah.

Billy Bob Thornton playing Karl in the movie Sling Blade.

Becker

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
"I'll be your huckleberry." Doc Holliday in Tombstone. AKA Val Kilmer,

"Your no daisy 'tal..." Doc Holliday, once again.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I think this was from lord of the rings 2 movie…
“I’m glad to be here with you Sam… here at the end of all things”
I don’t know if this is correct or not (not a big fan of LOR) but for some reason that line touched me

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
FUN!

Gone With The Wind

Scarlet Ohara:
"As God is my witness, as God is my witness they're not going to lick me. I'm going to live through this and when it's all over, I'll never be hungry again. No, nor any of my folk. If I have to lie, steal, cheat or kill. As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again."

Scarlet Ohara:
"I can't think about that right now. I'll think about that tomorrow. "

Rhett Butler:
"With enough courage, you can do without a reputation."

Rhett Butler:
" I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

LOVE that Independence Day quote!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly-

Clint Eastwood- There's two kind of people those with loaded guns and those who dig.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
If you hold back anything, I'll kill ya. If you bend the truth or I think your bending the truth, I'll kill ya. If you forget anything I'll kill ya. In fact, you're gonna have to work very hard to stay alive, Nick. Now do you understand everything I've said? Because if you don't, I'll kill ya.
- Rory Breaker

Lock Stock And Two Smoking

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

Reg

Life Of Brian.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
"You're gonna need a bigger boat!"

Chief Brody - Jaws

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
"Good, bad..Im the guy with the gun."

"This is my boomstick!"

- Army of Darkness

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

almost forgot one of my other fav quotes from 300

Hydarnes, Commander of the Immortals:
[Xerxes has sent an emissary to demand the Spartan surrender] yesterday, we only probed your positions. When we attack today, our arrows will blot out the sun!

Leonidas, Spartan King: Good; then we will fight in the shade.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
There are sooo many great quotes in movies that it is often difficult to actually have just one. It's even harder to remember them all. But every so often a movie comes along and one line just seems to "stick". This is one of them...

"There's always a confused soul that thinks that one man can make a difference. And you have to kill him to convince him otherwise. That's the hassle with democracy." Shooter (2007)

[edit on 1/4/2008 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
End scene from Resevior Dogs.

Chris Penn

"The man you shot just got out of prison. He was caught in a warehouse full of hot merchandise that belonged to us. All he had to do to get off was to say my dads name, but he didnt, and he did his time like a man. So now that this good friend of mine is out, and we're making good on our commitment to him, your telling me he's just going to decide, out of the #ing blue, to rip us off?! Why dont you tell me what really happenned?"

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The last line in this vid is a classic, from Animal House:

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
This one is extremely powerful. Lore has it that Shaw ad libbed the whole scene. From Jaws:

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
goodfellas

(warning;swearing)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tommy DeVito: What?

Henry Hill: Just... ya know... you're funny.

Tommy DeVito: You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little f**ked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to f**kin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

Henry Hill: Just... you know, how you tell the story, what?

Tommy DeVito: No, no, I don't know, you said it. How do I know? You said I'm funny. How the f**k am I funny, what the f**k is so funny about me? Tell me, tell me what's funny!

Henry Hill: [long pause] Get the f**k out of here, Tommy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

from this scene...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join