It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorists planned New Year's massacre in Holland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Terrorists planned New Year\

www.telegraaf.nl

Three men (two Morrocans (from Holland) and one Saudi) were arrested by heavily armed forces on different addresses hours for the New Years party started in Rotterdam. The party was located around the Erasmus bridge and was visited by 15.000 people surrounded with big screens and music.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.rtl.nl

[edit on 3-1-2008 by Pjotr]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
The men were followed for weeks and only the last days it became clear what the plan was by reading along with their e-mails.
There had been vague signals via informats and infiltrants in Belgium and Holland about a big terrorist attack around New Year for weeks.

In Holland there is a broad public discussion going on between the socalled "tolerants" who are trying to get people to be more open to other cultures (Islam) and making a difference between "civil modern islamists" and extremists and the hardliners like Geert Wilders (from the Party for Freedom), who say that the Islam is a fascist belief and we should get rid of it and forbid the Koran in our country and send all imams back to Morroco. He ahs made a movie about Islam that will air this month on television. The establishment is afraid of the public upheaval that could be caused by this.

The last group is gaining momentum and this news will of course set the mood in favour of right wing politicians like Wilders. So we will have to watch closely what there is in real evidence from our secret service AIVD for this socalled Terrorist attack. If there is news I will post it in this thread.

English article related to this

www.telegraaf.nl
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Odd, I didn't think terrorism was an issue in Holland. I guess your not safe anywhere

Did they mention what the supposed attack consisted of? What type of attack they were going to carry out?

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grailkeeper
Odd, I didn't think terrorism was an issue in Holland. I guess your not safe anywhere

Did they mention what the supposed attack consisted of? What type of attack they were going to carry out?

Terrorism is an issue here, Since we (our government) are big allies with nearly everything the Bush administration does (Iraq/Afhanistan [we are operating in the most dangerous area : Uruzgan we even bombed a village to kill off some Taliban Warriors who hid themselves there]).
Our intelligence and financial world is deeply linked with the USA.
(I even heard Dan Sherman (www.projectcamelot.org) saying he was based in Holland for a long time as an intuitive communicater (ET's)).

The general public is getting more and more extreme in their position and attitude. Right wing parties are doing real good in the polls.

As you, I am very curious what the Big Plan was. That 's why I say: I am waiting for some evidence of all this.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I would like to know what the plan was also.
When that television movie, or documentary airs please to tell us about that. Or if there will be a link on the web post it also.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
I would like to know what the plan was also.
When that television movie, or documentary airs please to tell us about that. Or if there will be a link on the web post it also.

I will

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
It looks like they want to do something with the 15000 partying people at the Erasmusbrug ( = bridge).

Here police are arresting people there (but i don't think they were part of it) :

arresting's at the bridge

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   

...it became clear what the plan was by reading along with their e-mails

Terrorists do not communicate by email. Somewhere there is a rat in here. Possibly the intelligence agencies just wanted to have the same psychological impact by "preventing" an imminent attack.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Just in :

The public mininsterie does NOT confirm that is was the bridge.

But the 3 arrested people are staying 'in' for atleast 2 weeks.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by starviego

...it became clear what the plan was by reading along with their e-mails

Terrorists do not communicate by email. Somewhere there is a rat in here. Possibly the intelligence agencies just wanted to have the same psychological impact by "preventing" an imminent attack.

"e-mail" is my input. the police said: "computer communication" which in my view meant E-mail.

On the other hand, terrorist is just a word, these guys are just extremist at first before they grow into real idiots (my nickname for terrorists) and ït could be e-mail. In other instances of "local extremist here in Holland" it is recorded that they used different e-mail addresses with the illusion that nobody would be able to trace them. They are not all graduates from the University of Terrorism in Afghanistan. The Morrocan guys for instance are younger men with Dutch passports, which means in most cases that they are here for a longer time, probably years. Maybe born here (you keep your Morrocan ID in that case, the doubel passport is another hot topic here) It is not easy to get a Dutch passport now for Morrocans. Is mostly through marriage or family reunion that young Morrocans come in. If you are Dutch Morrocan you will be tracked if you are traveling a lot. (If i was working at the AIVD, that is) So a mouth to mouth course or internet course is most probably IMO.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pjotr

Terrorism is an issue here, Since we (our government) are big allies with nearly everything the Bush administration does

yup, including generating fake terror-alerts, and fake terrorist arrests.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
There's no need to generate fake terror alerts, sadly, there are plenty of these nuts these days.

One wonders if the Iraq War was launched, in part, to encourage these kinds of violent extremist plots. Thus creating a threat the leadership could then unify the populace against, not coincidentally gaining freer access to their money in the process.

Anyway, good work by the Dutch cops catching these guys and maybe preventing a massacre.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
There's no need to generate fake terror alerts, sadly, there are plenty of these nuts these days.

I disagree. We need to be kept in constant fear, and the only way to do that is to constantly remind us of how much danger we would be in without big brother protecting us.

Originally posted by xmotex
One wonders if the Iraq War was launched, in part, to encourage these kinds of violent extremist plots.

great point, never thought of it that way.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist

Terrorism is an issue here, Since we (our government) are big allies with nearly everything the Bush administration does

yup, including generating fake terror-alerts, and fake terrorist arrests.

I agree that it could be the case. The evening news here by the way stated that the auhorities did not specify the "party at the Erasmus Bridge with the 15000 people" was the target. So what the target was is not made public or known at the moment.
So what's up?

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
What exactly does a muslim immigrant, or the muslim community, get by bombing a bunch of innocent people in his host country? Absolutely nothing!!

Cui bono? Who benefits? The Dutch security establishment, that's who!

ps
Does the Melke Weg club still exist in Amsterdam? Ahh... I remember that place in the '70s... (barely, of course).

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by starviego
What exactly does a muslim immigrant, or the muslim community, get by bombing a bunch of innocent people in his host country? Absolutely nothing!!

Cui bono? Who benefits? The Dutch security establishment, that's who!

ps
Does the Melke Weg club still exist in Amsterdam? Ahh... I remember that place in the '70s... (barely, of course).

It could be establishment, but on the other hand. There are real idiots around, just like the poor kids in the US that kill a bunch of people and then kill themselves ...just to be on the front page. Lunacy has a way of getting popular. The movies do a great job there.

The Melkweg still exist. It is bigger now. Doing well. You shoud pay us a new visit...the 70..s wow. The atmosphere is still good in this city, I find.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   

There are real idiots around, just like the poor kids in the US that kill a bunch of people and then kill themselves ...just to be on the front page.

actually, most of those cases deal directly with anti-depressants, and most of the "poor kids" are actually pretty damn smart, just disturbed and drugged up. the real idiots are the parents for thinking chemicals would fix little johnny / etc.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by scientist

There are real idiots around, just like the poor kids in the US that kill a bunch of people and then kill themselves ...just to be on the front page.

actually, most of those cases deal directly with anti-depressants, and most of the "poor kids" are actually pretty damn smart, just disturbed and drugged up. the real idiots are the parents for thinking chemicals would fix little johnny / etc.

Is that true? Figures/articles?Because that would be interesting.

Smart and idiotic seem to mix very well, that is where insanity steps in.
For instance, the killer of a Dutch filmmaker Theo van Gogh, Mohammed B, was a realy smart Dutch/Morrocan guy. Good grades, exemplary for his meighbourhood working in the youthcentre. Everybody loved him.
In a short time after 911 he turned more and more extreem. grew a beard, wore tradional clothes and began making comments about how women should behave and the evilness of our society. He grouped up with some followers and they began to make plans.
The filmmaker made a movie with a Dutch/Somalian poltician Hirchi Ali about the treatment of women in Islam. That was enough to trigger this very smart guy and turned him into an psychopath. He killed van Gogh in the streets with a gun and planted a knife in his chest witt a letter that Hirchi Ali would be next. Then he shot at the arrived police in order to entice them to kill him. So he would be a real marter. That very amart plan failed to work. He is in jail now. During his trial he insisted in his newborn islamic rantings.

No drugs , no anti-depressants needed.

There is a big difference between disturbed and getting you guns and shoot people. Smart people find solutions for their problems. Stop drugs, drinking smoking etc. Find a healthy producitve inspiration.

I agree that environmental situations and social circumstances have a influence though.

[edit on 5-1-2008 by Pjotr]

[edit on 5-1-2008 by Pjotr]

new topics

top topics

join