It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Won't Release Emergency Oil To Ease Rising Prices

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The reason the reserves will not be released is because today report on our reserves is going to show that we do not have enough reserves in case of a crisis.

Watch the news today we are for a surprise about the state of our reserves.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I'll also throw in what I think is a funny story. When I was in college in the early to mid 1990's I did carpool with a group of friends. We drove back and forth between Kent and Akron OH a lot. One of those drivers was a guy that I went to High School with and this guy was flipping out angry because gas was up to 80 cents a gallon - and we use to make fun of him. I can still hear him ranting about gas prices for hours on end. I lost contact with that guy but I would love to find him today to see what he thinks of $3.00 a gallon gas. I bet the first words out of his mouth were I told you so.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
So many people already have their dollars stetched so thin, that they'll have to steal or borrow from somewhere else. Many average americans probably live from check to check and are already living beyond their means. Imagine how pissed you would be to find your recently filled gas tank empty and with a hole in the bottom of it as well.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by last time here

a 50 cc motor bike will do 45-50 MPH so you must drive really fast
in order for you to take 6 hours to get to work because of a scooter
and no I don't mean the $600 dollar scooters but like the yamahas and hondas there are nearly $2k but well worth it..

Respectfully
GEO

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I disagree we have enough public reserve oil for fifty years and the current rate of consumption, that does not include the private military reserve that is not counted in the public strategic oil reserve..

But you did remind me that i did not even think of the reserve level before you mentioned it so thank you for that

Respectfully
GEO

[edit on 1/3/2008 by geocom]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

We got buses, subways, bikes, and carpools, and HOV lanes.
We ain't as backward as you guys think.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

and there was me thinking that public transport in America still looked like this

bright side atleast its green untill the horse farts and gives of GAS

jebus did i say the US didnt have any public transport?

[edit on 3-1-2008 by bodrul]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I think they are looking out for their future,why release oil reserves which I believe he owns a vast quantity of for low market price,just wait till oil is 300 a barrel then he'll really make some money

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by geocom

Notice the low prices in Nigeria, an oil rich nation .....why can't we buy affordably from Canada

Alberta Government calculates that about 28 billion cubic metres (174 billion barrels) of crude bitumen are economically recoverable from the three Alberta oil sands areas at current prices using current technology. This is equivalent to about 10% of the estimated 1,700 and 2,500 billion barrels of bitumen in place.[2] Alberta estimates that the Athabasca deposits alone contain 5.6 billion cubic metres (35 billion barrels) of surface mineable bitumen and 15.6 billion cubic metres (98 billion barrels) of bitumen recoverable by in-situ methods. These estimates of Canada's oil reserves caused some astonishment when they were first published but are now largely accepted by the international community. This volume places Canadian proven oil reserves second in the world behind those of Saudi Arabia.

A few weeks ago Canadian oil reserves was the main reason they had a stronger dollar than the U.S. now the dollars are even What changed?

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Of course he won't... if he did that he would be undercutting his owner's profits... after all they come before the American people... right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join