It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA & CYA Kean & Hamilton say they were Obstructed!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Here is the link to the NYTimes OP ED.

"As a legal matter, it is not up to us to examine the C.I.A.’s failure to disclose the existence of these tapes. That is for others. What we do know is that government officials decided not to inform a lawfully constituted body, created by Congress and the president, to investigate one the greatest tragedies to confront this country. We call that obstruction."

Kean & Hamilton once again are aghast and outraged that the CIA obstructed their investigation into Sept 11.

Here is an extremely poignant criticism of Kean & Hamilton's theatrics.

A quote from 911 widows Lorie Van Auken & Mindy Kleinberg

"You report that “the panel made repeated and detailed requests to the Central Intelligence Agency in 2003 and 2004 for documents and other information about the interrogation of operatives of Al Qaeda.” But while the panel did make “document requests” to the C.I.A., it did not subpoena the C.I.A. for the documents and tapes.

A subpoena would have meant that the C.I.A. would have had to answer the commission as to whether the documents and tapes existed, and the agency would have had to explain its reasons for not turning these documents and tapes over to the panel. We would have had a paper trail about the evidence."

That remark is spot on for "Mr Sincere" Lee Hamilton. He asked nicely for the documents and was tricked by the CIA. Can you imagine the CIA told a lie. Shame Shame!

Also from the NYTimes.

Justice Dept. Sets Criminal Inquiry Into C.I.A. Tapes

This could get interesting!

new topics

join