It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood Producers in the Know

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I have read the "flogged like a dead horse" threads on the faked Moon landing and whether Stanley Kubrick had a hand in this. I was watching Wag The Dog the other night and watching Dustin's character, modeled after a Robert Evans persona, and I wondered whose story may have really been told. If you were the producer of an event as spectacular as a fake war, a moon landing, a meteor collision or something on that scale, what would it take to keep you quiet? At what point would the need to share your excellence and skill overtake your desire for money and power. I guess many of us on this board won't ever get close enough to that opportunity to answer the question honestly, but hypothetically...could any of you go through life carrying a secret like that? Would you try to embed secrets or trails to your stories in all your future films as some suggest is done? Would you try to tell the truth, an absurb in your face unbelievable truth, and dare the establishment to silence you? It would really take a reclusive, private producer, director or cinematographer like Kubrick to pull off something like that. I think that it was Ben Franklin who said "a secret kept between three men, as long as two of them are dead." Thoughts?

Which producers or film-makers besides Kubrick do you think could be involved to this extent and trying to tell us their story? Oliver Stone? Tom "Nut Job" Cruise? Others

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
i think Oliver Stone is on the search for the truth. he's in Columbia on invite from Chavez so he could document the hostage handover that never happened. i know some of them have to some some juicy tales. what those are heck they'll take em to the grave like all the rest of them do. hey, c'est la vie...

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
i think i would make a good producer to do that.

where do i sign up?

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I think a lot of hollywood producers and directors are "in the know"

wasn't it ronald reagan who said to stephen speilberg "you have no idea how close this is the trurth" at the premeir for close encounters of the third kind?

stanley kubrick is another director who seems to be in the know. a lot of controversial topics and subliminal messages and imagrey are brought up in his films. examples are the shining, a clockwork orange and eyes wide shut.

[edit on 2-1-2008 by Roland Deschain]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
But how can they be "in the know", work their craft and keep it a secret? Are you aware of anyone who has found credible evidence of a story being told through a movie. Example...back to Tom Cruise, the movie "Minority Report" and pre-crime. Well, if you look into Scientology, they have a group called Criminon that is focused on the pre-emptive strike against crime. So...is this an attempt to enlighten people to STOP the wave of "pre-emptive" strikes, or simply BUILD AWARENESS or DOCUMENT it for the future? I know he's a bad example, but I'm just wondering how many true stories are masquerading in unbelievable action adventure. Similar to the comment made about Reagan saying "you don't know how close to the truth this is". When do we hear about this stuff in the FOIA documents? Aren't there any hollywood types who have notes, or props?

new topics

top topics

join