It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is D.B. Cooper????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   

The FBI is making a new stab at identifying mysterious skyjacker D.B. Cooper, who bailed out of an airliner in 1971 and vanished.

Does anyone remember this event? It disappeared into thin air and is now resurfacing. I don't see the necessity for this. The guy ran off with 200k and got away with it. Why reopen it? Just because there is new information? How good is new information on a case of this type from 30+ years ago? A) What are we going to gain from this new investigation? and B) Doesn't the FBI have other things to do like domestic spying or looking into the UFO phenomena? LOL

[edit on 1/2/2008 by palehorse23]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Chances are he's dead, either from the conditions he attempted to escape in, or possibly from natural causes. The average life expectancy for an American male is only 75 years. According to the new FBI page from Dec 31, '07, he was in his mid 40's 36 years ago. I really don't see this case being solved unless someone is in the process of dying and decides to finally brag about it.

FBI.gov D. B. Cooper Redux

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I think it's nuts that this story is getting this much coverage. They have GOT to have better things to do. The guy nabbed what $200k - $400k...we spend that in like a second in Iraq. I have to wonder if the FBI isn't providing a screen for the CIA to compete fro press while they're getting pounded about these destroyed tapes, or perhaps they have their own bad story about to come out and are trying to stir up some other press.

join