It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Russian missle silo/military facility

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I was looking over the chernobyl area on google earth when I came upon something that was marked as a PVO station, upon further investigation I found PVO is short for Protivo-Vozdushnaya Oborona, the Russian air defence branch. That seems to be the most likley explanation for that, but off of that I found a square cement structure. Coordinates: 51 17 41.70 N 30 02 44.32 E. The land looks to be semi-cleared in a circle around the site. Anyone have insight into what this could possibly be? I was thinking missle silo or something of the sort, but I'm no expert.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by coleman409

hi there,

i had a look and there is a lot of strange mil places in that area, def worth looking into.
#
snoopyuk

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
There is a international government register of all existing missle silo's be it ICBM or standard missles,
So have no fear, any silo's existance (besides moveable ones e.g. truck bed) is known of and monitored

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmmonSeth
There is a international government register of all existing missle silo's be it ICBM or standard missles,
So have no fear, any silo's existance (besides moveable ones e.g. truck bed) is known of and monitored

except if they are located in iran, iraq, israel or north korea... ;0)

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by rat256

Originally posted by AmmonSeth

except if they are located in iran, iraq, israel or north korea... ;0)

Iran is different, however i cannot argue just how well the international governments know the middle-east's weaponry,

but israel and north korea are definately monitored,
Israel for a fact as it is backed by the U.S

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AmmonSeth

I was largely being flippant. although there have been murmurings that as far as nuclear installations go perhaps israel has not told the whole truth to her allies about what she has and hasn't got and where...

north korea i assume probably is watched like a hawk but i would imagine it is quite hard to get concrete proof as to whats going on.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by rat256

They obviously do not declare everything,
but that does not halt other governments from doing that pathetic 'spying' they have become accustomed to

top topics

join