It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pityriasis Rosea, ever had this condition?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Go see a doctor to see if it is the same thing. I cannot really tell even if you showed me pics. If this is what it is it can take several weeks or even many months before it will clear up.

Seriously though go see a doctor to find out if that really is it. Explain what you believe it is print out some pics and information to assist in your explanation and ask the doctor what to do. I would guess that they can give you better advice than I ever could.

All I can say is that warm showers and getting hot and sweating makes it itch even more. I personally did not do the tanning thing since I did not know about it I just suffered through it until it went away.

Raist

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I had this when I was about 20 yrs old. First time I ever heard of it. I took atarax rarely for itching and ultra violet light treatments at the dermatologist.
My sister in pennsylvania had it acouple years after though she was close to 30.
My brother in Chicago said that he had had this when he was in his 20's. And Now my 16 year old daughter has it.
Must be a genetic predispostition.

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I think i got the same thing i looked at pictures and the description fits but i have had it for like a year on my chest. Havent even seen a doctor about it yet maybe i should. seems like it might be different cause its getting worse not better just keeps spreading and its been a year or more

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
i actually have Pitaryasis Rosea at the moment, and i feel and look horrible.
it seems that its getting worse and worse all the time, and i have had it for over 2 months now. i dont feel like going out, and since its summer its very hard to cover it up.
Don't know what to do

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
This skin condition has been with me for almost two years now. Whenever a new little spot appears I touch a tiny bit of clobetasol propionate ointment onto it. The spots clear up after one or two days treatment, but like I said this has been with me for some time. I constantly have ten or so of these things. They are definitely more prominent after a warm shower. I'm intrigued by one author's suggestion of rubbing Selsun Blue over the spots five minutes before showering.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I had this last Fall and it pretty much cleared up in about 6-7 months. Strangely enough, I had shingles this Fall, then one PR patch on my chest after the shingles cleared. Now, my 13yo dd has PR, just about one month after my shingles. Hmmmm....
I never went to the dr. for PR, and I'm not taking my dd either. We both have had very textbook cases and there's nothing the doc can do. My feeling is that PR is not rare, but most people just don't go to the dr. for these types of things, so it's just not documented.
37 in Va.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
This is going to sound crazy...

I got diagnosed by my doc this morning. I was taking my 1 year old daughter in for her routine checkup, and (hoping for 2 exams for the price of 1) casually raised my shirt to the doc and said "any idea what this is?" and he said "ahh... [grin] you have a case of pityriasis rosea" along with a brief explanation, and he also spelled it out so I could Google it ("you might enjoy researching it" he said).

Now the crazy part: I swear that I got it from a used pair of thermal underwear. Skin spots seemed to appear within a few days of receiving the thermals. They were the expensive, soft, micro-fiber, light weight, super warm thermals in great condition. Someone found them at an estate auction (no bidders -- an omen?). The person who gave them to me (he's 5'7" and I'm 6'2" -- he had no use for them) said his wife washed them on hot and they're clean.

Maybe it's just coincidence. Anyway, that was 2-3 weeks ago, and now my chest and neck are covered in spots. I'm in need of a haircut, but my head itches so I'm embarrassed to let the barber uncover it.

I think I'm going to try the tanning salon... Never been to one, but some say that this virus doesn't like UV.

I'll write a follow-up if/when it goes away (hopefully soon).

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I have Pityriasis Rosea, I've had the Herald patch since 05/01 (thats 01/05 to any Yanks
) and the major rash started on the 10/01. It was misdiagnosed as both Impetigo (06/01) and then four days later as Ring Worm and then as Pityriasis Rosea on the 15/01.

I did some reserch on the web and discovered that washing with head and shoulders shampoo works with some people and have started using this treatment. It appears to have caused some of the sores to crust up, flake and turn from a brown to a pink colour, I don't know if this is a sign of it healing, but am hopeful. Selsun and Head and Shoulders both contain zinc pyrithione which is supposed to be the active agent in curing it. I will start doing as one poster mentioned and instead of using it as a bubble bath/body wash I shall put it onto my skin before bathing and shower off with cool water......bye bye steaming hot baths!

www.msdiagnosed.net...

I will also start eating a alkaline diet, I've read that an acidic diet makes your body a wonderful for alsorts of bugs to grow.... and beacuse the diet is loaded with fruit and veg is worth a try just to makes sure your getting all your vitamins.

ehealthforum.com...

I'm going to try tanning next week if I can stand the thought of bearing my scabby body to the world D:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
My experience was horendous! At first I thought it was ringworm from my new kickboxing class, and then I thought it was scabies as the vet diagnoised my cat with ear mites.

So for about a week I thought I had mites all over my whole body, and then I went to the emergency room, and was diagonised with pityrisais rosea.

I was relieved that it wasn't scabies. ANYTHING but scabies was cool with me. I am still recovering from the rash. It gets slowly better but itches a lot so I ocassionally take benadryl.

I understand what you are all going through. (I noticed after hot showers it got worse, but after tanning it seemed to cease somewhat). The bible does say in the end days, we would be plagued with many new diseases.....

................... Hollywood, CA

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Just a quick update.....

After 4 weeks of itching I'm nearly back to normal now, I didn't do tanning in the end (because I'm mixed raced and wasn't sure if I would suffer from hyperpygmentation), but continued using Head and Shoulders/Selsun, eating more fruit and veg and swapping my 10 billion cups of coffee for green jasmin tea. I also stopped earing a bra as the underwiring seemed to make the scabs much worse, this will be the ONLY place I will have any scarring I think.

To any other who come across this site in the search for anwsers (which, lets face it, we don't get because the health profession don't know them) I would say to try these steps and if they don't work do the tanning thingy but be aware that there are risks (hyperpygmentation, slower healing rate, skin cancer, scarring though exsessive uv exposure [Use a sunscreen!]).

I thought it wouldn't go in the beginning, that I would be scarred and end up having this condition for months and months. But it DOES go and, as you will see,your'll start flaking, the redness will fade into a pale pink and back to your normal skin in about the space of a week (make sure you have loads moisturizer in this time, even if its just vasaline, for as the new skin comes though letting it dry out and can become painful as your skin turns into rice paper and cracks easily.

I hope reading this helps you as much as writing this as helped me and thank you to the hosts of this page for its upkeep.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join