It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whats up with this

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Excuse my earlier post. I guess there are predecessors, but I still believe we are quite a ways away from producing robotic technology of this magnitude on an affordable and reliable scale.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Netstorm

Chill off dude, I wasn't even particularly talking about your post, but some some people really seem scared because in the movies, the robots always revolt against their creators.

About A.I., nevermind if we're close to it or not, but do you think that A.I. created by us, would give the robot some kind of conscience of his own? I think not.

He could think following what we learned him, but I don't think he could think for him-self. That, in my eyes, would be real A.I., and I'm sure we won't be able to create this in eons... But I might be wrong.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
Netstorm

Chill off dude, I wasn't even particularly talking about your post, but some some people really seem scared because in the movies, the robots always revolt against their creators.

About A.I., nevermind if we're close to it or not, but do you think that A.I. created by us, would give the robot some kind of conscience of his own? I think not.

He could think following what we learned him, but I don't think he could think for him-self. That, in my eyes, would be real A.I., and I'm sure we won't be able to create this in eons... But I might be wrong.

Therefore...Asimovs Laws Of Robotics.

The Meta-Law
A robot may not act unless its actions are subject to the Laws of Robotics

Law Zero
A robot may not injure humanity, or, through inaction, allow humanity to come to harm

Law One
A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm, unless this would violate a higher-order Law

Law Two
(a) A robot must obey orders given it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with a higher-order Law

(b) A robot must obey orders given it by superordinate robots, except where such orders would conflict with a higher-order Law

Law Three
(a) A robot must protect the existence of a superordinate robot as long as such protection does not conflict with a higher-order Law

(b) A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with a higher-order Law

Law Four
A robot must perform the duties for which it has been programmed, except where that would conflict with a higher-order law

There are more.
www.anu.edu.au...

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Actually, AI is now being inserted into many video games. And honestly, it's freaky. If the damn game can think and remember like that, what WILL happen when we add it to robots is EXACTLY what happened in Terminator (1 2 3) and Matrix. They WILL get smarter and they WILL learn more. There is not stopping that unless limits are built. And if limits are built, it would not be AI as it can't be AI without intelligence. Intelligence has not limits.

Has anyone else played NASCAR THUNDER 2004 for PS2?. I know it's extremely rudimentary AI, but the damn game remembers what you do throughout a season. If you make a certain driver crash too many times, the games will make that driver crash you on purpose. The gam actually thinks. And there are many others out there with this "technology" built into them.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Of course, suchs laws would need to applied and be programmed deeply into the robot's "brain".

Else chaos would ensue

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImAlreadyPsycho
Actually, AI is now being inserted into many video games. And honestly, it's freaky. If the damn game can think and remember like that, what WILL happen when we add it to robots is EXACTLY what happened in Terminator (1 2 3) and Matrix. They WILL get smarter and they WILL learn more. There is not stopping that unless limits are built. And if limits are built, it would not be AI as it can't be AI without intelligence. Intelligence has not limits.

I play a lot of Unreal Tournament...the "bots" learn very quickly, if you try and pull the same attack more than a couple of times.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join