It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Ministry of Homeland Security Functionary Becomes VP of Raytheon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Former Ministry of Homeland Security Functionary Becomes VP of Raytheon

www.upi.com

"John M. Mitnick has joined Raytheon Technical Services Company LLC, a subsidiary of Raytheon Company, as vice president and general counsel," Raytheon said in a statement Dec. 18...Mitnick was "was formerly associate counsel to the president of the United States, responsible for homeland security matters. Before moving to the White House, Mitnick served as associate general counsel for science and technology at the Department of Homeland Security and as counsel to the assistant attorney general, Antitrust Division, at the Department of Justice," the company said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.blacklistednews.com

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
So how is it that people can still deny that the government is in bed with big business. Especially when it comes to defense. With all the boost in the need for domestic "security", this will make Raytheon possibly the number one defense manufacturer. This is really starting to make me boil over. All this increase in our domestic spying (what they call security or protection) and now Raytheon getting a new "VP". I don't buy it. Things seem to be unfolding day by day as to what the last year of Bush is going to be. It's like he is making moves to leave his legacy on the US. And a terrible legacy at that. Are things ever going to change, or are we just entering into a never ending downward spiral ?

www.upi.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Well since it was a government plot that killed some very important people at Raytheon on 9/11, its only fitting the government put one of there very own in a top spot at the company.

Somebody has to be there to make sure the workers don't snitch the next time they are fitting passenger airliners with remote controls.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Good post palehorse, I like most of your posts here on ATS. Like you have already said, this is just more evidence of the governments cooperation or interaction with big corporations.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Roland Deschain

Thanks for the support. Just trying to open some eyes. Ya know, I find it funny that they actually cover a story like this with all the talk about this domestic spying being hyped up as necessary to fight terror. I don't know about anyone else, but I have been a consistent voter for fifteen years and know I really have no idea what to do this November. I am almost tempted to not vote because I really do not think it will matter. Maybe when you hear people say that "my vote doesn't really matter", you might have to think they are on to something. I believe that all this money these candidates throw around throughout their campaigns boils down completely to which big corporations they are in bed with. I am tired of it! Is anyone legite anymore?

Oh yeah, I also see that Raytheon has just completed tests on their new unmanned helicopter command and control capabilities. Are these going to end up being the new domestic spy machines?

Raytheon said in a statement that it had "recently completed initial testing of the Tactical Control System's -- TCS -- command and control capabilities for the U.S. Navy's MQ-8B Fire Scout unmanned helicopter. The testing was conducted Dec. 15, 2007, at the Webster Field annex, Naval Air Station, Patuxent River, Md."

unmanned helicopters

[edit on 1/2/2008 by palehorse23]

new topics

top topics

join