It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Administration Authorizes Sale of Military Technology to China?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Bush Administration Authorizes Sale of Military Technology to China?

NYTimes

Six months ago, the Bush administration quietly eased some restrictions on the export of sensitive technologies to China. The new approach was intended to help American companies increase sales of high-tech equipment to China despite tight curbs on sharing technology that might have military applications.

The Wisconsin Project report asserts that two non-military Chinese companies designated as trustworthy are in fact high-risk because of links to the Chinese Gov't.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1/2/2008 by bigbert81]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Well, can't say I'm too surprised about this one either. What else sucks is that it's taken 6 mos. for questions to start being asked.

Well I guess the first part says it all, "intended to help American companies increase sales". Wow, another shocker that Bush only cares about the rich.

NYTimes
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1/2/2008 by bigbert81]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
These American businesses arent going to be too happy when we are all speaking Chinese. They have an army of more then enough, lets not give them the technology to put that army to use.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
If this story is true then President Bush is making the same mistake that Clinton made regarding the selling of hi-tech equipment to communist China.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Another example of how corrupted our corporate ridden government is, we have been sold to our enemies all over the world for a profit, while our government screams that is all for ur security.

American needs to wake up because is getting late to salvage whatever is left of our nation.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Ahhh, good point. While everyone gets treated like a potential terrorist/criminal for our own 'security', Bush does things like this, and Guiliani talks about not being safe unless we vote for a Republican (hmmm, using fear to get his way. Reminds me of a certain terrorist organization).

Quite ridiculous the hypocrisy of it all.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
This could also have something to do with the fact we have amassed a 1 trillion dollar + debt to them.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
When Clinton did it was called treason, Bush does it and is Capitalism and free markets as its finest.

But what can we do right, we are fighting terrorism and is all about profits, right? right? darn I am now getting confuse

It was just a few months ago that we had US blaming China for stealing US technology, how silly of us to complain it just Bush doing business deals behind close doors.

You have to love the incredible corruption of our nations government.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan
If this story is true then President Bush is making the same mistake that Clinton made regarding the selling of hi-tech equipment to communist China.

Yep, B(ill).J. Clinton did the same thing and this too will come back to bite us in the butt.

I guess one good thing is at least we'll get paid for information they would have eventually compromised and stolen anyway.

Question
Can't the Chinese invent anything on their own any more?

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
When Clinton did it was called treason, Bush does it and is Capitalism and free markets as its finest.

If it truely was treason he would have been brought up on charges for treason.

And who is agreeing with Bush on this?

It was just a few months ago that we had US blaming China for stealing US technology, how silly of us to complain it just Bush doing business deals behind close doors.

Well the technology China was attempting to steal is highly classified and would NOT be something the U.S. would sell to them.
Secondly, we don't know what type of equipment this article is talking about. If its a few generations old then its not critical but I still don't agree with selling China any type of advanced technology.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Now a days nobody in our corrupted government is charge with anything anymore, remember they make their own laws.

And yes China got their hands on techonoly that able them to test before the US did last year with the Chinese long-range missile, revealed by the Pentagon in January, then the pentagon admission that America was itself developing a new generation of space-based weaponry.

www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2007/11/16/wchina116.xml

But the problem was within the companies outsourced to China that are able to get their hands on technology for free.

But if our own government is allowing companies to take technology to china assemble lines then it should no be call stealing it should be call giving.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

I guess one good thing is at least we'll get paid for information they would have eventually compromised and stolen anyway

Perhaps you've missed the first part of the article, Friend. WE are not getting paid, giant corporations are getting paid.

Basically, the rich are helping the rich.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
Perhaps you've missed the first part of the article, Friend. WE are not getting paid, giant corporations are getting paid.

Basically, the rich are helping the rich.

Of course 'WE' are getting paid. Who do you think designs & makes the equipment? 'WE' do!
I don't know about you but I have never been offered a job from a poor person.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Well, I suppose in a roundabout way.

I highly doubt though that that is what the motivation was by the start of the article.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
No is not American assemble lines the ones making the money is china and their slave workers the one doing the assemble.

The bipartisan report said that there were national security implications to the transfer of technology to Chinese companies. "Sophisticated weapon platforms are coming off production lines at an impressive pace and with impressive quality," it said.

www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2007/11/16/wchina116.xml

Is not only selling technology but China is the one doing the production also, because is cheaper for US companies to have the technology been assemble in China.

Companies do not care about security they care about profits.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
you know what is funny how everyone seems so scared of how china is going to attack America... you haven't stopped to think that maybe the people in charge want you to be afraid of china... your all falling into their trap...

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I am afraid that is not with weaponry that China will attack American but is in the economical arena, due to the corruption and greed of our corporate ridden government.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
i just think the government is spreading this information as propaganda to keep the public in a state of panic and fear... America always needs an enemy

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Why do you guys always regard China as your enemy?
just because it is titled communist?
but actually few people in China believe in communism.
China has been completely capitalized.
I guess the real reason is -- USA scares someone challenging its hegemony.

new topics

top topics

join