It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discussing what Jesus said

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Bring a quote in here that Jesus said that you don't understand and lets discus it. Lets not limit this to just the 4 gospels in the bible, lets use the Nag Hammadi stuff too.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Here is something that could use a discussion:
John 17:3 (New International Version)
Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.
Why do so many Christians feel that they have to insist that everyone has to accept their view, that Jesus is GOD!, and not someone who was sent from God? Seems to me to be a contradiction.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
They insist it because thats what they believe. Jesus was sent by God like all of us, but just becasue we're all sent from God doesn't mean we're one with God. Jesus became one with God and became what God is which we all can do. If you become one with God you're God too. If you eat or drink something it becomes part of who you are and the eucharist is a reminder of that. A lot of people don't understand what the eucharist is for. It wasn't meant to be a ritual, but a reminder. One way God speaks to us is in symbols. When Jesus spoke in parables he was trying to show people how God talks to us too.

[edit on 2-1-2008 by Shawn B.]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Shawn B.

The Catolic Church takes the eucharist in a more literal way than you give them credit for. I read a book on the subject that was written for people to understand what exactly the eucharist is.(an official Catholic Church publication) It opened my eyes and I had to think that it had been re-invented by the Church into something that had nothing to do with what Jesus taught about it.
Also, I do not think any of us can be like Jesus, or should try to.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Also, I do not think any of us can be like Jesus, or should try to.

Most people don't, but if they did wouldn't it be a better place to live in? I think so.

top topics

join