It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Ron Paul in the 2008 Election.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The BBC (UK) do not know who Ron Paul is according to their in depth analysis of the upcoming US elections!

I see posts referring to Ron Paul all over the place on ATS yet the BBC have no mention of him whatsoever

Is this unbiased reporting/candidate representation?

I appreciate that here in the UK we will not be voting, however, is the exclusion of Ron Paul in the UK media a method of conditioning the UK public away from joining any dots should there be a controversial election result?

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
i highly would doubt people would know about Ron in Uk..here in the US, they don't even give him air time, so people don't even know who he is either

RON PAUL 08

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by skibtz

No surprise. There has been a concerted effort to marginalize, exclude and ignore Dr. Paul through the entire process. The mainstream media here in the US has done everything it can to bury him. Straw polls have been canclelled, results buried and outrageous misinformation published about him. When he is mentioned it's is usually accompanied by 'long-shot' or 'Libertarian candidate' --- this despite the fact that Dr. Paul is a 10-term Republican Congressman.

There are alot of entrenched business-as-usual folk that are deathly afraid of Dr. Paul. He wants to give government back to The People and that is the very LAST thing they want.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This kind of stuff creeps me out.

It makes you realise the power of the media - or at least the power of the people who abuse the power of the media!

Frightening stuff!

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
If someone isn't determined to be acceptable by the elites, they will systematically be destroyed. The media is the tool used to accomplish this. The only saving grace we supporters of Dr. Paul have is what has been a remarkably strong organization that can hopefully overcome the media bias.

[edit on 4-1-2008 by BennyHill]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I've seen Ron Paul mentioned a few times in the British media (mostly in newspapers, though). He has always been characterised as an outsider, I suppose, but in some ways he is... presumably that's part of his appeal, from the posts I read on here. Besides, that BBC article is only a small number of the candidates standing - most presidential hopefuls aren't mentioned.

All this highlights is that the world media can't be fully trusted and you should try to find alternative sources of information too - the internet is a wonderful tool for genuine free speech.

[edit on 7/1/08 by Ste2652]

top topics

join