It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guitar Hero questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Our family discovered that we like Guitar Hero video game(XBOX 360 version).. Since we borrowed the system now we are thinking of getting one. I noticed some of my old favorites AC DC, Stones were not one the first game. So I am not sure if I want to get Guitar Hero 2 or 3 instead.
Any advise there?
Also does it matter to a beginner if you don't start with 1?

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It does not matter what game you start with even though it is said that 3 is more difficult even on easy compaired to the other games.

You can find the track lists to the games if you search for them, AC/DC are not in any of them but i do believe the stones are in 2 and they are in 3 (Paint it Black is the song on 3)

Hope this helps some the game is great fun even if you cant play on the hardest difficulties.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I personally like Guitar Hero 2 better than the others because of the songs (Carry On My Wayward Son, Sweet Child o' Mine, YYZ, Mother) - but I find Guitar Hero 3 much easier to control, and visually stunning compared to the previous titles.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Guitar Hero 3 has the best guitar, in my opinion. Good feel, weight, and I like the buttons. I also like that more of the songs are the actual song, and not a cheap cover. But only a few are.

If you like this gaming format, I recommend you splurge and go with Rock Band.

If you buy GH2 or GH3, it's going to push you about $100 or so. Rock Band is about $149. But you get the guitar, drums, microphone, and a set list that is almost complete of the actual songs. Only a handful of covers. And Rock Band also enables you to download plenty of songs online, with the ability to download full albums in the future.

As a huge GH fan, I think Rock Band has blown them out of the water.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
part 2 baby.....unlock bucketheads 'jordan' and give that a go...hahahahaha

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I just bought Guitar Hero 3 just so I could play the song "3's and 7's" by Queens of the Stone Age and I love it. They had "Paint It Black" by The Stones, I'm not sure about AC DC though.

Anyways, I don't think it's too hard on easy.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
You can also go for a PC version Frets on Fire which you can add you own songs and such
and its free.

It has quite a following on the boards and such.
can also import guitar hero songs in to it as well from the game cd

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
2 is my personal favourite so far
i liek 3, but through fire and flames is crazy. I prefer the old hard song freebird. At least it is a good song

Sweet child of mine is good. But there are goodies on guit 2 as well. La grange, and slow ride are good. 3 is online though, 2 is not.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
correction there, sweet child of mine is on 2, i meant to say three thereafter

top topics

join