It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War on Terrorism Gone Bad: Man hit with $10,000 fine for Going to Church

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
This is just truely sick.

Ottawa has granted special passes to some 300 U.S. citizens in that region so they can enter the country when Canadian customs posts are closed, but the United States canceled a similar program last May.

That forces local residents to make a 200-mile detour along treacherous logging roads to get home via the nearest staffed border checkpoint.

A spokeswoman for the U.S. Bureau of Customs and Border Protection would not comment specifically on Albert's case because of privacy laws.

"Since 9/11, we've enhanced our security and, yes, some of the situations require inconvenience to people, so we have to go along with what the regulations are," said Janet Rapaport, a public affairs officer with the bureau. She added that local residents had been told about the stricter controls.

Albert has appealed the fine, but he has not attended a Sunday mass since.

"I feel like I'm living in a jail," he said.

I can't beleive this crap!!!!! So in order for the man to go to church he would have to go 200 miles out of his way. This is so stupid. What good is this damn customs office anyways if there is no one there to stop the terrorists on Sundays?

story.news.yahoo.com.../nm/20040210/od_nm/crime_canada_border_dc

[Edited on 10-2-2004 by BlackJackal]

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 06:17 AM
link   
well maybe he'll now learn that when he goes to church to pray, hes worshipping someone a million times worse than hitler

anyway... im personally for the war against terror and i think if it means a few people are inconvenienced for the safety of the population against terrorists, then so be it. i dont wanna walk into town and get my eardrums burst and have other peoples blood sprayed all over me, i'd rather know that some people cant go to churrch.

someones put curry on this keyboard...

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
What good is this damn customs office anyways if there is no one there to stop the terrorists on Sundays?

Exactly.

Abdul: "How ever can we get into the United States to bring terror to the infidels ?"

Osama: "Just wait until Sunday and just walk in"

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky

Originally posted by BlackJackal
What good is this damn customs office anyways if there is no one there to stop the terrorists on Sundays?

Exactly.

Abdul: "How ever can we get into the United States to bring terror to the infidels ?"

Osama: "Just wait until Sunday and just walk in"

so ture and scary

btw. your avatar scares the # outta me

new topics

top topics

join