It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My New Years Challenge! Help me!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle

I want original 35mm black and white negatives on Ilford PAN F Plus - Black & white print film sent, protected in a cooler, by courier, to Springer.

That is photographic evidence. I might travel to see the originals if Springer suggested they were worthy.

Not good enough proof, my argument above can give you that and still it would be a faked image.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by photobug

Ya, I agree. I think someone also said that multi still and video cameras are best so that you get the same shot different ways.

In the end the credibility is in the person though.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
hey jasonjnelson,

Please answer my question as to why you feel your alien encounters will continue?

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Hey guys! (and gals)
First answer, I don't feel like there ever will be 'proof' enough for all people. Even Showing up on the news with my new alien 'buddy' would'nt be enough for some people. That said, I believe that if I was able to get some serious proof, (or influence another to be able to do the same) while using the advice of those with more experience in both photography, and the investigation of previous hoaxes or inconclusive sightings, it would be a good thing!
As for how I know that I will see others? I DON'T!! However, my previous experience has led me to believe that opening your eyes and looking skywards more often will lead to a greater chance of catching another! (plus, I consider my observation skills to be pretty good!) Again, my point with this thread was to inspire as well as get advice. The Alien Phenomena is real! I have seen it! But now we need to figure out other answers, etc. Tangible proof with some serious investigation would result in more open debate as to their agenda. I am only hoping to be a small, tiny part of the solution! let's set ourselves up for success!
J

[edit on 4-1-2008 by jasonjnelson]

[edit on 4-1-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

Hi Jason, May i say that i admire your enthusiasm for the task that you have set yourself. That said, i am a photographer and i spend quite a lot of time outdoors with my gear. I have 3 digital cameras, all Canon and one of them is an SLR.

The most useful lens for nature photography that i use is a 70 -200 mm f2.8 lens. Stick that on your shoulder for half a day and you know about it. the larger the lens from here on up, the more weight that you will have to burden yourself with.

Now the reason i have told you this is because you are talking about being prepared at all times. Yes, great having the gear but not very practical for your purpose. One of the main problems that you will face is having a good enough shutter speed when using telephoto lenses. more than likely, you will not have the best conditions whenever you do see anything. ( its called sods law )
the object may be moving and it may be dusk or even worst, night. That is a whole different ballgame then and you will more than likely end up with a fuzzy ball of light that we are all used to.

Anyway, i also have a canon camcorder with a 20x optical zoom, now that is a different matter. its small, light, easy to use and it can be available to you 24/7 without being a burden.
I feel that this is the way for you to go, not because of image quality, faking the shot problems or anything along those lines but because a moving shot is far more interesting than a still shot, you don't end up with half the questions that you do with a photo.
I have taken over 110,000 shots with my Digital S.L.R now so i have a little experience with some of the problems that you will encounter. There are many believe me.
As we have a few whizz kids on ATS who could spot a fake movie from 50 yds with one eye closed, i wouldn't worry about the authenticity of your images. just do your best to capture one.
P.S, Handy tip, Please get a tripod and look for manual focus as well.

All the best
John.

One last thought. Lights at night are just that, lights at night. I think a daytime shot is a must to lend any credability to the U.F.O. problem.

[edit on 4-1-2008 by jon1]

[edit on 4-1-2008 by jon1]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
When you say you live in SB, are you talking about Santa Barbara? If so, I'm not too far away and if I had the time, I might go UFO hunting with ya haha.

One thing that came up after reading the last post about daytime photos was this: What happens if he gets amazing pictures where the craft end up looking like Billy Meiers stuff? What will be solid proof for the ATS crowd and keep them from screaming or typing "hoax" in all caps?

Shall we start a checklist for what you need to capture enough proof for the common ATSer?

1. Digital SLR with good zoom lens
2. SLR
3. Video Camera
4. Tripod(s)
5. If you do get video, do not add techno music to try and make it more interesting.
6. Signed affidavit notarized by your wingman, bigfoot (ok sorry I couldnt resist)

Does anyone have any suggestions for the type of film? God forbid he captures a UFO on a type of film that people don't approve of.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Hey Ats!
So I just got back from a little Spa vacation. Much needed, lol! I received a number of responses indicating that I should get a digital video camera. I think I may have dec ided on a 1000 dollar HD from Sony, but I will get back on that in a week.
I did pick up a new Sony camera, 7.2 mps, and I am learning how to use it effectively. I also contacted site sourc es to arrange for delivery of any evidence! Thanks for all of your support, Jason out!
ps, i think my keyboard batteries are low! sorry for any mistakes!

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Hey Ats!
So I just got back from a little Spa vacation. Much needed, lol! I received a number of responses indicating that I should get a digital video camera. I think I may have dec ided on a 1000 dollar HD from Sony, but I will get back on that in a week.
I did pick up a new Sony camera, 7.2 mps, and I am learning how to use it effectively. I also contacted site sourc es to arrange for delivery of any evidence! Thanks for all of your support, Jason out!
ps, i think my keyboard batteries are low! sorry for any mistakes!

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Jason, good work on the HD camera, now we can hope to see those elusive Aliens in true Hi-Def! ;-)

On another note, I saw somewhere that there was a sighting on new years day in San diego. Would you happen to know anything about that one, i.e. could it be related to your sighting, seeing as SD and SB are not that far apart. (OK maybe a little far, but still possible)?

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
In case anyone is reading this still, I am heading out to the mountains above death valley next week. Two days, and I will take THREE cameras. Thanks for all the help again. Jason

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by 2believeor0

THanks, and no, I am really far from San Diego. all of my sightings were i the last three years. to think I used to be a skeptic! However, on that last note, I do see some serious sightings linked. Try ATS searching the Bakersfield, Pheonix Lights and Texas UFOs. Interesting. Looking forward to my trip next week. I will definitly take a picture of me taking a picture of any objects, with the object i view in both photos, if I get anything. That seems to be the best bet, and I can actually video record anyway! ( on two of the cameras)
jason out!

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
and if you have any trouble finding UFO's to take pics of , you can always try to ask that prophet yahweh guy from a few years ago

i wonder whatever happened to him and the raelians?

anyone?

sorry OP didnt mean to hijack thread

good luck for your challenge

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
THats funny! I was just thinking about that today! I think you mean that guy who could call out UFOs? anyway, I just wish I had the guts to to go to Texas right now! Damn job!

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I can't do much except to wish you well on your mission. Your determination is admirable.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Okay! Here goes! I have been obssesively watching the skies, and today while watchin contrails of this jet, i look down at this white disk jumping over the ridge!!!!! I whipped out my camera phone and got two picks, plus a third of the samer area two minutes later for comparison. It was visible for only about 30 secs. and I am not saying it is a ufo, but I don't know what the heck it was. I don't know how to load these up? help any one? I am on a mac and it is an envy. I have a storage card, but I have to find it! see you in a sec! -Jason

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Can anyuone just u2u me an e-mail address. I will just send it to you....
or I can just send it to my own e-mail, duh, stand by

[edit on 21-1-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Well theres two ways;

Most cameras have a USB port on them. If your camera came with a cd install the software from it as it contains your cameras drivers (basically an interface for your device and your computer to talk with). Once the USB is connected it should be easy enough to figure out for yourself. (The memory stick will have to be in the camera)

If your pc is like mine then you'll also have a memory stick slot. Usually at the front of the pc. Just stick the card in there and it should load up. Don't go sticking it in places you are unsure of. You don't want to lose it

Hope that helps.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
okay, now I have them on my computer. how o I get them here?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Upload them to Photobucket

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Jason, just email em to me I'll post, you got my addy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join