It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Horoscopes - What is YOUR sign?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
**Note** This is purely for 'Entertainment Purposes Only'.

If you are wondering what YOUR sign is...CLICK HERE!

Legends behind Chinese Horoscopes:

There are many legends to explain the beginning of the zodiac (see Origins of the Chinese Zodiac). One of the most popular reads, in summarized form, as follows:

The rat was given the task of inviting the animals to report to the Jade Emperor for a banquet to be selected for the zodiac signs. The cat was a good friend of the rat, but the rat tricked him into believing that the banquet was the next day. The cat slept through the banquet, thinking that it was the next day. When he found out, the cat vowed to be the rat's natural enemy for ages to come.

This is the Year of the Rat; I'm wondering how this is going to conflict with my sign. Apparently, the 'Rat', is the exact opposite of my sign:

HORSE

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Mine is the Water Rooster - 1873, 1933, 1993

Water Rooster - 1873, 1933, 1993
This is the intellectual type of Rooster who will enjoy cultural pursuits. He has tremendous energy and initiative his disposal and will seek to use his resources or enlist the help of others to speed up progress.

With Water as his element, he will be given to clear thinking and practicality. You can reason with him, as he will be compliant when faced with insurmountable odds. He is not as austere or self-sacrificing as other Roosters.

Proficient in the use of the written word and a commanding speaker, the Water Rooster can sway the masses and incite willing action from others. He will have strong scientific leanings and will be interested in health, medicine and technology. His mind functions with computer like efficiency and thus he could lose sight of the main issues when he over stresses details. Systems and procedures fascinate him and when he is obsessesed with perfection he could be bureaucratic and trivial.

--Minnie

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Mine: Fire Horse
From the above site in the OP.

Fire Horse - 1906, 1966, 2026
A flamboyant and itinerant Horse with a superb intellect and great personal magnetism. He tries to bring about the changes he desires through force and sheer willpower.

This is a double Fire sign (Fire also being the Horse's fixed element), and it will produce a native who is highly excitable and hot blooded.

The Fire Horse is easily distracted and is too inconsistent to stick to repetitious tasks. He has flair, wit and charm but his continuous stream of bright ideas makes him extremely volatile. His personality is many-faceted and he requires a great deal of spice and variety in his life. He is happiest leading a double or triple life or having several professions to his credit.

He will love to travel, anticipates action and change and works most efficiently when put in charge. He rarely accepts supervision from others, even his superiors.

The Fire Horse is a thrill-seeker. He can sort out and deal with all kinds of people and situations within a minute's notice. He is skillful at resolving sticky affairs but is not above being argumentative.

This type of Horse will have the gifts of ingenuity and resourcefulness but not perseverance.

* I've underlined some of them that I don't agree with. *

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
When I tried to put in 1971..it brought up the Dog..Metal..1970.
My real one is this
Boar- Metal
A proud, passionate Boar with overpowering sentiments, who values his reputation. Intense and more dominating than others, this type of Boar often has excessive appetites and could lack refinement or tact.

He exerts less control over his personal life and is very sociable and extroverted. Openly demonstrative with his affections and pure-minded, he underestimates his enemies and overestimates his friends. He is not likely to be secretive and will be direct and trusting, even credulous.

Ambitious and forceful, but not always objective, the Metal Boar could be a dangerous opponent, as he can be violent in expressing his anger or resentment.

This type of Boar will not concede defeat graciously. He is not a quitter and can be relied on to have immense powers of endurance. An active doer blessed with great positive strength, the staunch Metal Boar will have enough vigor for ten.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Interesting, I got my totem, the Tiger:

Water Tiger:

This type is an open-minded Tiger who is always inclined toward new ideas and experiences. He also has gift for seeing things objectively, because the Water element combined with his lunar sign gives him a calmer nature. He is humane and an excellent judge of the truth, as he can relate to the way others feel. He is intuitive and has a well-developed faculty for communicating with people. He does excellent PR work.

This more realistic type of Tiger has his finger on the pulse of the people and knows the things he deals with. He makes few errors in his assessments. His mental abilities are above par, but like all Tigers, he sometimes wastes precious time procrastinating. Still, he is rated as less temperamental than the other Tigers, as he can control his emotional urges and concentrate on his endeavors.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I'm reading the posts.

AD and minnie have Great ones.

Then my head does a double take...Helllllllllo there TIGER! lololol

Your description fits ya to a T. Good stuff!

p.s....now what's yer western zodiac sign? lolol just kiddin, you don't have to answer.

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

WOW! Intrepid..that is KEWL!!!

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster
p.s....now what's yer western zodiac sign? lolol just kiddin, you don't have to answer.

~Ducky~

Western totem? Gemini. Does that mean 2 tigers?

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I am a powerful, Yang-influenced, Earth Monkey, who likes to ‘monkey around’ with compatible Rats, Dragons and Roosters.

I love eating bananas, too!

Ooo-ooo! Ahh-ahh!

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Your Chinese horoscope sign is equivalent to: 'Aquarius', in the Western Zodiac. ie. Gemini, Taurus, Leo etc.

You are a Gemini, with Aquarian tendencies?

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
AccessDenied's Chinese sign is the Boar - equivalent to: Scorpio

She is a Capricorn with 'Scorpio tendancies.'

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

Fabulous..Iam a sea goat with a tendency to STING people..
Wow...:shk:

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

Fabulous..Iam a sea goat with a tendency to STING people..
Wow...:shk:

Please, stay away from Steve Irwin's family.

I know, bad joke.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Psssst..come here hon....lolol...Word has it that Scorpio people are supposed to be the 'ruling sign' of....um...ahem...sex. They rule 'that part' of the body...um..down there...lololol. So as far as 'stinging' someone? Not in the ways you think...lolololol < trying to be proper

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I am a Dragon/Leo.

Earth Dragon

This sociable, executive-type Dragon will have a compulsive drive to control his environment and the people who surround him. As a Dragon, he is bound to be autocratic and it would be a folly to expect less. However, he will be fair and appreciative of other people's opinions, even if he doesn't agree with them. EArth makes him realistic, stable and oftentimes, even a bit impersonal.

Although not as severe as the other Dragons, he will still have the basic urge to subjugate others. But he will approach problems with reason nd his leadership is less dictatorial. He works incessantly to develop his talents and exploit his resources.

The Earth Dragon's self-control does not mean that he is lacking in initiative. It's just that the Earth element influences him to be unhurried and his aspirations are more liable to be solid and uncluttered.

Straight as a rod, this aristocratic Dragon is quiet, strong and brave. Given to reflection and organization, his outbursts of temper will be few, nor will he demean himself by arguing with those beneath him when he is angered. However, he will retaliate quickly once his dignity is offended.

Sounds pretty accurate.

[edit on 2-1-2008 by thehumbleone]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

YOU!!! Get over here this instant!!!

Highly un-called for.

PRESENT YER ARSE!

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

Way cool Humble!!!

Hmmm...wondering why a few times you had Bruce Lee's 'Dragon' in your past Avey's...suspisions were correctly founded...think about it Humble? Cool my friend!

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

OMG!!!! Awesome..and SO TRUE! lolololzzzz

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Earth dragon, cool. A good few bits match up pretty well. My sisters' are, respectively, a monkey and a rat. Heh.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Ok Rune...Fess up!!! lol

What's YOUR Chinese Horoscope sign?

~Ducky~

new topics

<<   2 >>

join