It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Stovner UFO Pictures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Here are some pictures I found while browsing through galactic2.net. These pictures show a pencil-shaped object flying around in the sky.

Can anyone explain these pictures?

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
They look similar to these pictures, and I think these were said to be a hoax Link:www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Shutter speed is what causes this. Most likely a plane that has flown by and someone took a pic of it and the camera shutter speed was set to allow more light in. This is why it appears to have a few light orbs on either side of the straight lines. The lines are solid on lights on the wings or fuselage and the "balls" of light are the strobes on the wingtips blinking.

-B

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Wow those are really clear pictures too. I wonder if they really are just something with the camera.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
they are time delayed photos, steady lights coupled with strobes on a plane give the effect.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann
they are time delayed photos, steady lights coupled with strobes on a plane give the effect.

It's remarkable that so many think this is slow shutter speed. In the first pic I see that, but I've certainly never seen a slow shutter speed blur to be as SHARP at the edges(no blur no fading) as in the other pics. In respect tho, there sure are alot of vets who think this is shutter speed so I would love to see some examples of this slow shutter speed producing such a clear, unblurred light effect.

Blur in the first one, but in the following ones, I've never seen slow shutter speed produce anything that clean.

However I gotta say I don't see anything that looks like any sort of craft. I would guess a fault in the camera or pure hoax on the sharper images.

[edit on 3-1-2008 by Alex Krycek]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
these images appear quite sharp because the lens apperture is stopped down to accomodate longer shutter times. Stopping down results in better lens resolution. If the camera is on a tripod then it is perfectly reasonable to have a sharp image over long exposures

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
If these were long exposure shots, then why in the second pic appears to be a white star or planet that hasn't moved at all?

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dan5647
If these were long exposure shots, then why in the second pic appears to be a white star or planet that hasn't moved at all?

A firm light on a moving object will appear like a stripe, a flashing one on a moving object will appear like a series of dots, a still one like a single dot. These are long exposure shots: we don't know how long is the exposure time: it may be two, three seconds or more, if you ask me. Anyway, it would be interesting to take a look at the EXIF data, since the pics aren't the original ones.

[edit on 3/1/2008 by internos]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
These long shutter pictures of planes heading in to gardermoen airport (OSL) should NOT be taken as ufo pictures .. They aren't even undentified .. give me the timestamps of the picture and i'll tell you what plane it is. I live next to stovner.

[edit on 3-1-2008 by tep200377]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan5647

Because a star won't appear to move if the exposure is about 5 seconds or less and you use a wide angle lens. The plane is moving several orders of magnitude faster in the sky than the stars are. Nonetheless, you can see the exact same effect in very long exposure where the stars do trail and a plane passes through.

www.robertreeves.com...

web.utah.edu...

www-personal.umich.edu...

www.midwestradiosystems.com...

Notice how the outermost "lines" of the ufo's in all of the OP's pictures is a blue/green and red line; it's definately the red/green navigation lights of an airplane. I think the first photo I listed here is the closest recreation of that same kind of trail. This is either a hoax or a bad mistake.

[edit on 3-1-2008 by ngchunter]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
looking through the other thread, I found these...

www.flickr.com...

they look the most similiar to the OP's pictures.

Amazing stuff though, beautiful pictures can be made useing this tecnique.

new topics

top topics

join